User Tag List

Page 3 of 14 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast

Thread: Why do INTJs spare INFPs their wrath?

The Typing Tabby Array grey_beard's Avatar
    MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    5w4 sx/sp

Quote Originally Posted by Amargith View Post
    Too much stress, mostly. He very occasionally does flip his silly switch and it comes out Se. Alcohol helps - though I'm unclear on whether the se causes the alcohol intake and then makes things even worse or if alcohol actually triggers it
    Usually it'll be a day where he has nothing else to do, and its like the first day in weeks he has like that - he'll go completely childish on me and basically act out

He'll become loud and belligerent, piss off every waiter we get, and want to do the craziest things without a plan - so not used to that from him. They often turn into long dragged out physical activities with no end in sight and no goal which makes it...well, torturous for me and I have no way of knowing when it'll end. Suddenly he just *has* to see the city park. NO, it does not matter that it is cold and windy outside and that we've been wandering around forever, or lived here for 10 years and never have shown interest in the park before. Or, let's go explore the ugliest part of the city- the back alleys, and get completely lost. Yeah! And I'm like...so where is the fun in that? It's ugly, it is cold and raining, it is basically ugly houses on more ugly houses with shady looking characters and we have no clue where we're going or how long it'll take us to get back to my happy little nook in the wall where i'm safe from the world. Yeah - count me in.

It is kind of adorable to see him that way though and I wish I could relax more into it. I would - if he didn't include me in those crazy schemes and drag me along every time as well. No wait - that's a lie, my si would still worry all over the place since he really does go off the reservation when he gets that way

More restrained forms of it are when he has had a loooong day and goes on a idiotic youtube vids bender, or sings meme songs over and over again. It's sooooo not my type of humour and I cannot help but roll my eyes at it, which makes him go even nuttier.
    @Amargith

Oh, why didn't you say so. Two completely different causes, with the same symptoms.

1) Boredom. The mighty INTJ brain needs consant meaningful stimulation. It can make do with intellectual junk food if it must -- for a time -- but then it has to discharge, either by silliness, getting drunk,
    marathon video games, marathon sex, reading 300 pages of novel a day for several days running -- all of these are forms of "going on a bender".
    2) Burnout. This can be emotional or (less likely) intellectual -- e.g. one has just finished a major marathon project at work, run past redline, or forced to navigate a long meaningless obstacle course of red tape; or breakup with a signifcant other. I don't *know* what's going on in this case but I surmise that some neurotransmitter or other (or maybe the generators of it) are burned out, or the binding sites saturated.
    One has to do something totally the opposite in order to unstick the motor.
    "Love never needs time. But friendship always needs time. More and more and more time, up to long past midnight." -- The Crime of Captain Gahagan

Please comment on my johari / nohari pages.

MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    5w4 sx/sp

Quote Originally Posted by prplchknz View Post
    um what? please don't eat infps, we generally don't like being eaten, you know the whole dying part of being consumed orally
    Off-color joke omitted in the interests of...

...wait for it

..."good taste"

(runs for exit, ducking for cover)
    "Love never needs time. But friendship always needs time. More and more and more time, up to long past midnight." -- The Crime of Captain Gahagan

MBTI
    yupp

Quote Originally Posted by grey_beard View Post
    Off-color joke omitted in the interests of...

...wait for it

..."good taste"

(runs for exit, ducking for cover)
    I can handle off color jokes, I even make them sometimes.

MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    5w4 sx/sp

I can handle off color jokes, I even make them sometimes.
    Do the off-colors include prpl?

MBTI
    yupp

Quote Originally Posted by grey_beard View Post
    Do the off-colors include prpl?
    sometimes, but usually not.

Paragon Gone Wrong Array OrangeAppled's Avatar
    MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    4w5 sp/sx
    Socionics
    IEI Ni

Ugh...more talk of INFPs being balls of emotion who need someone else to think logically for them.

Quote Originally Posted by Lyedecker View Post
    because if it bleeds, we can kill it
    And then you will drown in the depths of our heart's blood. INFP wins!

Quote Originally Posted by Hard View Post
    Problem is they contain the deadly alkaloid colchicine .
    See, INFP still wins.
    "Charlotte sometimes dreams a wall around herself. But it's always with love - So much love it looks like everything else. Charlotte Sometimes - So far away, glass sealed and pretty." - The Cure

INFP | 4w5 sp/sx - 451| RLUEI - Primary Inquisitive
    Likes Ivy liked this post

MBTI
    NeFi
    Enneagram
    4w3

conclusion i've gotten from this thread, because *we* INFPs are fucking adorable to INTJs
    Too bad you aren't one (according to yourself!).

Chimera of Filth

A gruesome beast with dripping flesh
    Clings to me as a sick fixture
    My throbbing heart it gnawed apart
    It stalks and hunts me through mirrors

Crude & outdated Array Anaximander's Avatar
    Enneagram
    9w8 sp

Quote Originally Posted by OrangeAppled View Post
    INFP blood can cure cancer.
    Quote Originally Posted by typh0n
    Usually it's the far left or the far right criticizing the establishment, but I don't see why I couldn't be an "an anti-establishment centrist"

MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    5w4 sx/sp

Quote Originally Posted by OrangeAppled View Post
    Ugh...more talk of INFPs being balls of emotion who need someone else to think logically for them.
    Quote Originally Posted by Lyedecker View Post
    because if it bleeds, we can kill it

Quote Originally Posted by Hard View Post
    Problem is they contain the deadly alkaloid colchicine .
    See, INFP still wins.
    A few sage editorial comments from my velveted paws (claws sheathed, thank you very much).

1) INFPs aren't JUST balls of emotion, and they don't need the INTJ to do the thinking for them; there's a subtle but IMPORTANT difference.

This is that the INFP is "liable to" (subject to, not "must" or "always will") get temporarily drowned in the flood of their own emotion, or to be so awed in contemplation of the beauty, horror, or quintessence of life (or some aspect of it which they're emotionally riveted to for the moment), or to be so caught up in the whirlwind chain of Ne free-association; or hammering out the last link in their gossamer internal-values chain-mail (hidden like mithril under their external facing fairy wings) to the point that they cannot effectively WIELD their Te for some particular period of time. The immovable intellect of the INTJ outer shell provides them something to grasp onto, to pull out of the raging current, catch their waterlogged breath, and start up their *own* Te motor, and join the real world -- whether in quest of goals, exuding vast quantities of magical healing rays to those in need, manifesting the rarely glimpsed but often hoped for "sunshine-n-silliness" (still mythical, in my own experience, but I haven't *quite* given up hope), or even (horror of horrors!) paying the bills or catching up on the dishes.

Until the INFP gets drained, and deliberately plunges into the torrent again to recharge...

As I wrote on another forum about INFPs,

And then, just when you think an INFP is a big fluffy ball of cotton candy, you discover that lurking underneath, is a mind of tempered steel, just as sharp, just as fast, and *almost* as relentless as your own.

No higher praise can be given.

2) INTJs don't drown. You might exsanguinate them, or force them to autocauterize, but they don't drown like mere mortals do. /exaggerated smug for theatrical effect>

3) Is the colchicine a by-product of chrysalis mode, or a necessary ingredient (poison to others but a feedstock to the "beauty from pain"?)

Likes oneandonly liked this post

MBTI
    yupp

Quote Originally Posted by animenagai View Post
    Too bad you aren't one (according to yourself!).

i never said that.

Page 3 of 14 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast