User Tag List

First 123412 Last

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    5w4 sp/sx
    Socionics
    EII Fi

I wasn't aware of this, but it sounds sickeningly adorable. The big mean INTJs protecting their soft Fi cousins or something.

Actually, I've noticed a similar camaraderie between INTPs and INFJs.
    INFP 5w4, 9w8, 3w4

Fi > Ti > Ne > Ni > Si > Te > Se > Fe

MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    5w6 sp/sx

Quote Originally Posted by prplchknz View Post
    conclusion i've gotten from this thread, because *we* INFPs are fucking adorable to INTJs
    Running across an INFP is like finding a crocus in the snow.

Quote Originally Posted by Amargith View Post
    The only time I have trouble handling my INTJ is when he goes into Se-mode, as it triggers my Si-mode. Since they're both inferior functions, it tends to make him feel restrained and nagged at by me,while I feel like I have to be the damned adult and don't know how to respond in any way but with cynical remarks to snap him out of it already and return back to normal. It's weird being the cynical one, and it's not pretty on me. I'm..working on that
    What causes him to do this, and how does he behave in this mode?
    I've been called a criminal, a terrorist, and a threat to the known universe. But everything you were told is a lie. The truth is, they've taken our freedom, our home, and our future. The time has come for all humanity to take a stand...
    Likes oneandonly, Ivy liked this post

MBTI
    yupp

Quote Originally Posted by Coriolis View Post
    I don't know what that is, I'm gonna assume it's a good thing. I'll edit after google if not
    *yodelling* AAAaaaaAAaaiiiiiiayyyyyyyy

by @agentwashington

MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    593 sp/so

Who would want to hurt an INFP?

Also, easy targets.
    5w6 - 9w8 - 3w2

Words are wind.
    Likes oneandonly, ~MS*ANGEL~, Hetaira liked this post

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    5w4 sp/sx
    Socionics
    EII Fi

Quote Originally Posted by kquirk View Post
    Who would want to hurt an INFP?

Also, easy targets.
    because if it bleeds, we can kill it
    INFP 5w4, 9w8, 3w4

Fi > Ti > Ne > Ni > Si > Te > Se > Fe

A snowstorm is coming... Amargith's Avatar
    MBTI
    Bast
    Enneagram
    Nix
    Socionics
    HSP None

What causes him to do this, and how does he behave in this mode?
    Too much stress, mostly. He very occasionally does flip his silly switch and it comes out Se. Alcohol helps - though I'm unclear on whether the se causes the alcohol intake and then makes things even worse or if alcohol actually triggers it
    Usually it'll be a day where he has nothing else to do, and its like the first day in weeks he has like that - he'll go completely childish on me and basically act out

He'll become loud and belligerent, piss off every waiter we get, and want to do the craziest things without a plan - so not used to that from him. They often turn into long dragged out physical activities with no end in sight and no goal which makes it...well, torturous for me and I have no way of knowing when it'll end. Suddenly he just *has* to see the city park. NO, it does not matter that it is cold and windy outside and that we've been wandering around forever, or lived here for 10 years and never have shown interest in the park before. Or, let's go explore the ugliest part of the city- the back alleys, and get completely lost. Yeah! And I'm like...so where is the fun in that? It's ugly, it is cold and raining, it is basically ugly houses on more ugly houses with shady looking characters and we have no clue where we're going or how long it'll take us to get back to my happy little nook in the wall where i'm safe from the world. Yeah - count me in.

It is kind of adorable to see him that way though and I wish I could relax more into it. I would - if he didn't include me in those crazy schemes and drag me along every time as well. No wait - that's a lie, my si would still worry all over the place since he really does go off the reservation when he gets that way

More restrained forms of it are when he has had a loooong day and goes on a idiotic youtube vids bender, or sings meme songs over and over again. It's sooooo not my type of humour and I cannot help but roll my eyes at it, which makes him go even nuttier.
    ★ڿڰۣ✿ℒoѵℯ✿ڿڰۣ★

"Be careful what you believe, because that is the world you'll create - Cassie Nightingale

MBTI
    ENFJ
    Enneagram
    1w2 sp/so
    Socionics
    EIE Fe

Problem is they contain the deadly alkaloid colchicine .
    MBTI: ExxJ tetramer
    Functions: Fe > Te > Ni > Se > Si > Ti > Fi > Ne
    Enneagram: 1w2 - 3w4 - 6w5 (The Taskmaster) | sp/so
    Socionics: β-E dimer | -
    Big 5: slOaI
    Temperament: Choleric/Melancholic
    Alignment: Lawful Neutral
    External Perception: Nohari and Johari

MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    5w6 sp/sx

Quote Originally Posted by Hard View Post
    Problem is they contain the deadly alkaloid colchicine .
    That is only a problem if you are planning to eat one.
    I've been called a criminal, a terrorist, and a threat to the known universe. But everything you were told is a lie. The truth is, they've taken our freedom, our home, and our future. The time has come for all humanity to take a stand...

MBTI
    yupp

That is only a problem if you are planning to eat one.
    um what? please don't eat infps, we generally don't like being eaten, you know the whole dying part of being consumed orally
    *yodelling* AAAaaaaAAaaiiiiiiayyyyyyyy

by @agentwashington
    Likes oneandonly liked this post

MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    5w4 sx/sp

Quote Originally Posted by IDreamtIWasABee View Post
    This is more accurately titled "Three Questions About INTJs and INFPs," but if it's stylish, it's forgiven, amirite? (I know. "No.")
    It's not forgiven because it is stylish. It is decreed to be forgiven because you are an INFP.

So. First. Why are the INFP's frequent lapses in logic and extreme over-tenderness given a pass (or even found endearing) when most other types aren't given that compliment (those poor ESFJs-oh, you're merciless to them!)? Is it the ease with which we change our minds while thinking out loud? Because your feuds with INTPs are legendary, and INFJs don't usually talk about deep subjects until they've already formed firm opinions.
    It's twofold. No, three.
    1) The INFP mind and the INTJ mind are completely different, but complementary: not opposite. The INTJ sees the world as fixed, and intuits their way through it, constantly *ping*ing with their radar and re-evaluating their actions and presentation for best fit. The INFP sees the world as endlessly branching possibilities, and is constantly trying each of these possibilities to see how they fit the fixed internal values of the INFP. The constant matching of possibilites against actualities is instinctive for each type, and we recognize a kindred spirit, even though "they're pronouncing it all wrong." This simultaneously leads to
    AND
    2) Similarly, the INFP and the INTJ work best in the realm of abstract metaphor for communication. More
    3) The INFP fluffiness, has the same effect on the INTJ, as a laser pointer does for a cat. It will chase it FOREVER and not grow tired of it: it is because (I have come to believe) that the INTJ Ni loves to see the big picture or sparse-based connections between seemingly disjointed items, and so we intuitively grok the connection which to the INFP is instinctive and second-nature (for the INFP it is part of an integrated whole, as each note in a chord, each chord on an instrument, each instrument of a symphony), and the INTJ reaches the same point by music theory.

Second, do you find our shameless sharing of shy-person-feelings to be tranquilizing when you're stressed? I know that an INTJ's calm, succinct stating of facts has calmed me immediately when I've been seriously worked up over stuff (you certainly calm things down over on the NF board).
    INFP's cotton candy outsides are a safe place for the entombed, frozen-in-Carbonite INTJ Fi to come out and play. INTJ's relentless, planet-crushing focus and logic are a safe harbor for the INFP among storms of emotion which buffet them relentlessly.
    And each instinctively recognizes that the tough impenetrable outer shell of the INTJ is composed of the same material as the triply-reinforced rebar of the INFP inner values.

And third, has it been your experience that INTJs and INFPs share an intelligent but offensive sense of humor?
    (winces, breaks down sobbing). I've never been allowed close enough to an INFP to experience their sense of humor.

Oh! Fourth and final. Has an INFP ever come to your defense? Usually it's you guys protecting us (and I know the INTJs in my life sometimes find it trying), but when my INTJ friends are off balance and attacked, I go into a Gohan rage that I'd otherwise be waaay too shy and inhibited to express.
    Haven't experienced it: the most I've gotten is to have been allowed / vouchsafed some very *precious* INFP shards of comfort (expressed at one remove, but still world-bendingly powerful for all that).
    "Love never needs time. But friendship always needs time. More and more and more time, up to long past midnight." -- The Crime of Captain Gahagan

Please comment on my johari / nohari pages.
    Likes lulabelle liked this post