User Tag List

Page 12 of 14 FirstFirst ... 21011121314 LastLast

Thread: Why do INTJs spare INFPs their wrath?

MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    4w5 sp/sx

Quote Originally Posted by Chanaynay View Post
    The famous ENFP crucifix that piques the brooding INTJ's curiosity? I have one of those too!

I was thinking more along the lines of the exact replica of the jewel encrusted Cross of Coronado from Indiana Jones and the Last Crusade (1989), while wearing a brown fedora and playing it completely straight (heh). Gotta use the right bait for the right fish.

But.... yeah.
    Likes Chanaynay liked this post

MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    8w9

Quote Originally Posted by lulabelle View Post
    well, it's as close to 'wrath' as i've seen on these forums. perhaps i should have left it at 'negative' because i've rarely heard positive thoughts about romances with INFPs by INTJs. i think they get very frustrated at how extremely sensitive we can be and how we commonly withdraw from conflict. A lot of us are off in our own worlds a lot of the time + understandably this can frustrate partners.
    I think this is the problem. In a friendship or other casual relationship, I could let it slide. In an intimate relationship - no. But I can certainly see an INTJ or ENTJ really loving it in a partner, if they wanted someone who isn't confrontational and won't challenge them.
    I like to rock n' roll all night and *part* of every day. I usually have errands... I can only rock from like 1-3.

Alchemist of life Array Coriolis's Avatar
    MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    5w6 sp/sx

Quote Originally Posted by Qlip View Post
    I was thinking more along the lines of the exact replica of the jewel encrusted Cross of Coronado from Indiana Jones and the Last Crusade (1989), while wearing a brown fedora and playing it completely straight (heh). Gotta use the right bait for the right fish.

But.... yeah.
    You're both wrong if you think foolish superstition will stand between an INTJ and his/her goals.

Try again.

*This might be part of the explanation of the OP: we "spare INFPs our wrath" because unleashing it on them would be counterproductive.
    In science, when human behavior enters the equation, things go nonlinear. That's why Physics is easy and Sociology is hard. -- Neil deGrasse Tyson

MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    4w5 sp/sx

Quote Originally Posted by Coriolis View Post
    You're both wrong if you think foolish superstition will stand between an INTJ and his/her goals.

Try again.

*This might be part of the explanation of the OP: we "spare INFPs our wrath" because unleashing it on them would be counterproductive.
    It was in reading this response that I finally understand the attraction of the INTJ, and in that knowledge I feel so much more ENFP. I need a shower now, not sure if it should be cold or boiling.

MBTI
    yupp

It was in reading this response that I finally understand the attraction of the INTJ, and in that knowledge I feel so much more ENFP. I need a shower now, not sure if it should be cold or boiling.
    both at the same time

MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    4w5 sp/sx

Quote Originally Posted by prplchknz View Post
    both at the same time
    You always have the answers, prplz.

MBTI
    yupp

You always have the answers, prplz.
    thats why they sale chocolate and vanilla swirled ice cream at costco
    by @magpie
    Likes Qlip liked this post

The Typing Tabby Array grey_beard's Avatar
    MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    5w4 sx/sp

Quote Originally Posted by Chanaynay View Post
    Is this like the new INTJ/ENFP fetishist thread?
    Hope so (looks around for popcorn).
    "Love never needs time. But friendship always needs time. More and more and more time, up to long past midnight." -- The Crime of Captain Gahagan

Please comment on my johari / nohari pages.

The Typing Tabby Array grey_beard's Avatar
    MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    5w4 sx/sp

Quote Originally Posted by xenaprincess View Post
    I agree with this.
    I don't think an immature INFP and immature INTJ could get along so well. And the INFP will definitely develop a thicker skin.

There may be issues though because INTJs are not particularly affectionate or romantic.
    I'm feeling ornery tonight for personal reasons (OK, I biked 34 miles round trip to work and it was too freaking hot on the way home...)
    so I hope you won't mind if I use you as the target for my personal carpet-bombing campaign...

Tell me, if you please, how well you think the following series of cartoons fits the INTJ - INFP dynamic (tongue in cheek, that is; I don't really think it does except for the mutual curiosity...)

Go to the links at the bottom of the address below (the tool didn't let me embed it, sorry!) and follow through the whole chain.

374: Journal - explain xkcd
    "Love never needs time. But friendship always needs time. More and more and more time, up to long past midnight." -- The Crime of Captain Gahagan

Please comment on my johari / nohari pages.
    Likes xenaprincess liked this post

MBTI
    infp
    Enneagram
    6w5

Quote Originally Posted by Jade Heart View Post
    INFPs are cute little fluffy snuggy plushies. Even INTJs are powerless to lift a finger against them.

Okay, so that might not be it. I guess that INTJs have soft spots for them? The INFPs I know hold the "smart" types (i.e. most NTS) in reverence, so maybe INTJs recognize that and withhold their wrath because they like having the INFPs look up to them. Also, I really do think that just maybe, INFPs can melt INTJs' hearts with their Fi-dom. They're so...personal and deep at the same time. (From what I've seen.)
    INTJs may seem cold, but most of them have a gentle side. INFPs could be one of the types that get to see that side. Even though I'm an INTP, I can see how an INTJ would be reluctant to smash an INFP's hopeful idealism to bits.
    Please note, I'm not at all cute or fluffy or snuggy. That's the INFP cliche.
    On the outside, my INTP female friend and I are very similar. She and I both tend to be quiet, and seem a little cerebral.

Page 12 of 14 FirstFirst ... 21011121314 LastLast