User Tag List

Page 10 of 14 FirstFirst ... 89101112 ... LastLast

Thread: Why do INTJs spare INFPs their wrath?

failed poetry slam career Array chubber's Avatar
    MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    5w4 sx
    Socionics
    ILI Te

Quote Originally Posted by grey_beard View Post
    Hi chubber,

I've seen you around the forum but I don't specifically recall that we've spoken before.
    Hail and well met!

...would you be kind enough to tell me, please, the source of the most interesting quote in your post 43 this thread? --> http://www.typologycentral.com/forum...ml#post2338582
    I'd like to read its description of INTJs with other types as well.

Thanks!
    I got it from personalitypage.com : Type-to-Type Relationship Analysis

You can have a look at my blog, I've been posting other type-to-type analysis there. It's not sunshine with roses when it comes to ENFPs either. In fact it gets more brutal. Seems like ENFPs can stomach more.

Alchemist of life Array Coriolis's Avatar
    MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    5w6 sp/sx

Quote Originally Posted by chubber View Post
    I got it from personalitypage.com : Type-to-Type Relationship Analysis

You can have a look at my blog, I've been posting other type-to-type analysis there. It's not sunshine with roses when it comes to ENFPs either. In fact it gets more brutal. Seems like ENFPs can stomach more.
    This link requires payment to view the pages. The specific one you quoted can be seen here for free:

INTJ/INFP

You can use the "previous post" and "next post" links at the very bottom of the page to find a few other combinations.
    A cry of defiance, and not of fear,
    A voice in the darkness, a knock at the door, and a word that shall echo for evermore!
    For, borne on the night-wind of the Past, through all our history, to the last,
    In the hour of darkness and peril and need, the people will waken and listen to hear

-- Henry Wadsworth Longfellow

MBTI
    yupp

fyi this person made this one post (the op) and never posted again i thought this was a new thread and i was like someone already made this thread. ok carry on

failed poetry slam career Array chubber's Avatar
    MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    5w4 sx
    Socionics
    ILI Te

Quote Originally Posted by Coriolis View Post
    This link requires payment to view the pages. The specific one you quoted can be seen here for free:

INTJ/INFP

You can use the "previous post" and "next post" links at the very bottom of the page to find a few other combinations.
    The problem with that reference is, that it leaves out the "Making it Work" with INTJ and INFP sections and "The Key" paragraphs. How would you know you're not missing something?

Quote Originally Posted by prplchknz View Post
    fyi this person made this one post (the op) and never posted again i thought this was a new thread and i was like someone already made this thread. ok carry on
    It's one of those existing members making anonymous accounts

Alchemist of life Array Coriolis's Avatar
    MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    5w6 sp/sx

The problem with that reference is, that it leaves out the "Making it Work" with INTJ and INFP sections and "The Key" paragraphs. How would you know you're not missing something?
    I don't, but at least I get something. It is an alternative for those unwilling to pay for such documents. Unfortunately only a lfew type combinations are included at that link (so far).
    A cry of defiance, and not of fear,
    A voice in the darkness, a knock at the door, and a word that shall echo for evermore!
    For, borne on the night-wind of the Past, through all our history, to the last,
    In the hour of darkness and peril and need, the people will waken and listen to hear

-- Henry Wadsworth Longfellow

Senior Member Array
    MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram
    9w1
    Socionics
    INFp Ni

Oh man, all my friends are INTJs. Its great. They are described as horrible people, but I love them anyways. Horrible = interesting in my book. I like interesting people. I describe our relations as . It is funny when two 18 year old men are throwing food at each other at lunch, and otherwise being weird.

Otherwise, I don't avoid him, but I don't stalk him.

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    4w5 sp/sx

Quote Originally Posted by OrangeAppled View Post
    I haven't seen nor experienced this, in person or online.

Most of the opinions expressed about INFPs are just very reductive. I think they are based more on what they imagine the profiles to look like rather than real experience with INFPs. I think the real experiences may frustrate them because we're not as simple as they imagined us to be. They want to insist really hard how we're simplistic, sentimental pushovers, and then when that's not what they get they are annoyed that they don't know what to make of us and thus, they don't know how to deal with us.

That's the big problem I encounter in life - people don't know how to categorize me, and that can result in a negative dismissal early on. People aren't comfortable with stuff they cannot easily categorize, because they need to order reality so they can navigate it, and they want to do that ASAP and as easily as possible. This is most common with J types, but it's a human thing in general. xxFPs are possibly the least likely to do it, but even we fall into the very trap we may despise and find limiting.
    well, it's as close to 'wrath' as i've seen on these forums. perhaps i should have left it at 'negative' because i've rarely heard positive thoughts about romances with INFPs by INTJs. i think they get very frustrated at how extremely sensitive we can be and how we commonly withdraw from conflict. A lot of us are off in our own worlds a lot of the time + understandably this can frustrate partners.

Senior Member Array blahblahbob's Avatar
    MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    5w4

Quote Originally Posted by IDreamtIWasABee View Post
    This is more accurately titled "Three Questions About INTJs and INFPs," but if it's stylish, it's forgiven, amirite? (I know. "No.")

So. First. Why are the INFP's frequent lapses in logic and extreme over-tenderness given a pass (or even found endearing) when most other types aren't given that compliment (those poor ESFJs-oh, you're merciless to them!)? Is it the ease with which we change our minds while thinking out loud? Because your feuds with INTPs are legendary, and INFJs don't usually talk about deep subjects until they've already formed firm opinions.

Second, do you find our shameless sharing of shy-person-feelings to be tranquilizing when you're stressed? I know that an INTJ's calm, succinct stating of facts has calmed me immediately when I've been seriously worked up over stuff (you certainly calm things down over on the NF board).

And third, has it been your experience that INTJs and INFPs share an intelligent but offensive sense of humor?

Oh! Fourth and final. Has an INFP ever come to your defense? Usually it's you guys protecting us (and I know the INTJs in my life sometimes find it trying), but when my INTJ friends are off balance and attacked, I go into a Gohan rage that I'd otherwise be waaay too shy and inhibited to express.
    One of my INTJ friends several years ago loved me because I always gave him big hugs. I never really thought about it because I hugged lots of people but one day he just says to me while laughing: "You're the only person I let hug me!"

Other INTJs I've met are dicks. I can think of one in particular - but he just didn't like me - for whatever reason. His girlfriend of like four years was so INFP that she made me look like a TJ - way way way out there in hippie lalaland. He went nuts when they broke up.

Te isn't a socially ordering function and INFPs and INTJs have Fi in common. Fi also isn't a socially ordering function and neither is Ne, so the INFP isn't likely to try to order around or correct the INTJ so confrontation doesn't really crop up. Ne is an observation function and Te is an explanatory function so the INFP can listen with a kind of intrigue.

By contrast, the INFJ will get under the skin of both the INTJ and the INFP for different reasons. Namely, INFJ will try to control the INTJ for reasons the INTJ sees as irrational, and the INFJ will be infuriated at the INFPs persistent tendency to be uninterested in superfluous propriety and the INFPs tendency to try to identify with anyone which is averse to the INFJ's Fe function.
    Likes grey_beard liked this post

Junior Member Array IDreamtIWasABee's Avatar
    MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    4w5

It's one of those existing members making anonymous accounts
    No, I'm a new "member" too timid to reply honestly to the replies that interest me, so I've just been enjoying the conversation. If I responded, I'd be an aggressive OrangeAppled, and since I can't stand the heat, I stay out of the kitchen (except, in this case, to place an order).

Junior Member Array IDreamtIWasABee's Avatar
    MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    4w5

Quote Originally Posted by blahblahbob View Post

By contrast, the INFJ will get under the skin of both the INTJ and the INFP for different reasons. Namely, INFJ will try to control the INTJ for reasons the INTJ sees as irrational, and the INFJ will be infuriated at the INFPs persistent tendency to be uninterested in superfluous propriety and the INFPs tendency to try to identify with anyone which is averse to the INFJ's Fe function.
    I identify with people precisely because they challenge my values, or society's; the idea that the wretch can't be beautiful is abhorrent to me (and most INFPs? Certainly most Russians). INFJs hate that shit; they've got enough problems morphing into the people around them, let alone the aberrant ones. That's why we're cooing over serial killers in the True Crime section of the bookstore ("I can change him/That could've been me/society doesn't understand the depths of one man") while the INFJs are thumbing through the New Age selection for books assaulting Western medicine (to those who doubt our mighty Te, please appreciate our faces as we groan under the weight of unspoken mockery).

INTJs, meanwhile, find my long-term identification with "awful people" to simply be interesting, even compelling. "Why would someone think this way? Must know!"
    Last edited by IDreamtIWasABee; 01-05-2015 at 10:24 PM. Reason: Stuff
    Likes 555888 liked this post

Page 10 of 14 FirstFirst ... 89101112 ... LastLast