User Tag List

First 12345 Last

Results 21 to 30 of 46

  1. #21
    Senior Member Kora's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    MBTI
    ENTP
    Posts
    477

    Default

    Uh, the last one happened with my mother, who is a ESFJ. Her brother is 60 years old, has been seeing another woman spending her wife's money, has threaten her daughters with a knife... and so on. But now he says 'oh nobody loves me and I'll kill myself'. Then my mother was crying in the kitchen about that, and when she told me the news, I just said 'Well, it would be better if he really kills himself, we all could get some rest then'. And she stopped crying, looked me jaw-dropped and yelled 'He's my brother, don't you dare to say that!'. She was angry at me for the rest of the day :\

    Or that time with a very religious history teacher, who was telling us that in the middle ages nobody could explain anything via science because it would be against what 'god' says. And then I chuckled and said (too loud) 'well, if you can't understand science, you can always try with faith'. She looked at me, and I'm not sure if she caught my drift... at least my ENTP classmate aided me saying 'I think she's talking about how they felt in that age'.
    I don't know if she got really angry at me, but I think she treated me with some coldness for the rest of the year.

  2. #22
    Branded with Satan murkrow's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    MBTI
    INTJ
    Posts
    1,635

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Kora View Post
    Uh, the last one happened with my mother, who is a ESFJ. Her brother is 60 years old, has been seeing another woman spending her wife's money, has threaten her daughters with a knife... and so on. But now he says 'oh nobody loves me and I'll kill myself'. Then my mother was crying in the kitchen about that, and when she told me the news, I just said 'Well, it would be better if he really kills himself, we all could get some rest then'. And she stopped crying, looked me jaw-dropped and yelled 'He's my brother, don't you dare to say that!'. She was angry at me for the rest of the day :\
    Do you mean that?
    wails from the crypt.

  3. #23
    Senior Member Kora's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    MBTI
    ENTP
    Posts
    477

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by murkrow View Post
    Do you mean that?
    Actually... yes. I think he's causing too much trouble, but not because he's insane or he doesn't know what he's doing. He's totally aware of what he does (I mean, he's using his wife's money for buying gifts to another woman), and he doesn't want to mend his mistakes. I don't want him to die, of course, but if he even says that he wants to die... well, better, he can do that. Less trouble. Anyway, he won't do it. He's just trying to make them feel bad for blaming him for what he did.

  4. #24
    Oberon
    Guest

    Default

    I called Jen a moron earlier today.

  5. #25
    にゃん runvardh's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    6w7 sx/so
    Socionics
    IEI
    Posts
    8,559

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Kora View Post
    Actually... yes. I think he's causing too much trouble, but not because he's insane or he doesn't know what he's doing. He's totally aware of what he does (I mean, he's using his wife's money for buying gifts to another woman), and he doesn't want to mend his mistakes. I don't want him to die, of course, but if he even says that he wants to die... well, better, he can do that. Less trouble. Anyway, he won't do it. He's just trying to make them feel bad for blaming him for what he did.
    I hope you don't feel too bad; as en NF I even say he's out of line and the only thing the family should kick themselves about is letting him get away with the BS. But that's enough Te from me ^_^
    Dreams are best served manifest and tangible.

    INFP, 6w7, IEI

    I accept no responsibility, what so ever, for the fact that I exist; I do, however, accept full responsibility for what I do while I exist.

    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

  6. #26
    Scream down the boulevard LadyJaye's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    7w6 so/sx
    Posts
    2,077

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by murkrow View Post
    Being offensive and being dishonest and sneaky is not the same thing.
    So if you're not sorry for being offensive, why do you have regrets about the way you spoke to the woman in your first post? You should only be sorry for being sneaky and dishonest? Your explanations are vague.

  7. #27
    Senior Member Kora's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    MBTI
    ENTP
    Posts
    477

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by runvardh View Post
    I hope you don't feel too bad; as en NF I even say he's out of line and the only thing the family should kick themselves about is letting him get away with the BS. But that's enough Te from me ^_^
    I see, somehow that makes me feel better. I know that with F people I should be less blunt... but sometimes I just forget.

  8. #28
    Branded with Satan murkrow's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    MBTI
    INTJ
    Posts
    1,635

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by LadyJaye View Post
    So if you're not sorry for being offensive, why do you have regrets about the way you spoke to the woman in your first post? You should only be sorry for being sneaky and dishonest? Your explanations are vague.
    Because my honesty was used as a tool for hurt and not as a tool for aid.

    I obviously had no constructive reason for saying what I said, and I could have easily given her some input on her work.
    wails from the crypt.

  9. #29
    にゃん runvardh's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    6w7 sx/so
    Socionics
    IEI
    Posts
    8,559

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Kora View Post
    I see, somehow that makes me feel better. I know that with F people I should be less blunt... but sometimes I just forget.
    Eh, only enough to get through a few defenses; mince your words too much and your meaning vaporizes in the politiking. I like to be comforted and held when my emotions are raging, other times I just need a walk then a hug. After that, there usually is still a problem to be solved and I'd like to think I'm not too weak to take suggestion on how to solve it.
    Dreams are best served manifest and tangible.

    INFP, 6w7, IEI

    I accept no responsibility, what so ever, for the fact that I exist; I do, however, accept full responsibility for what I do while I exist.

    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

  10. #30
    Permabanned
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    MBTI
    xkcd
    Enneagram
    9w1 sx/sp
    Socionics
    INT_
    Posts
    10,733

    Default

    I think this is the second time in a week I've quoted this phrase:

    "Honesty without compassion is brutality."

Similar Threads

  1. What is the first thing you think of when you think of a certain MBTI type
    By Elfboy in forum Myers-Briggs and Jungian Cognitive Functions
    Replies: 108
    Last Post: 04-22-2017, 12:45 PM
  2. That thing you've always wanted to do
    By Haven in forum The Bonfire
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 12-23-2013, 07:25 PM
  3. Things you've never done that most people you know have
    By Such Irony in forum The Bonfire
    Replies: 130
    Last Post: 09-21-2011, 10:11 PM
  4. Replies: 54
    Last Post: 09-14-2011, 06:13 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
Single Sign On provided by vBSSO