User Tag List

First 1234 Last

MBTI
    INTP

Quote Originally Posted by Firelie View Post
    I try to watch my mouth most of the time, cuz people usually take things I say the wrong way.

There has only been one time where I was deliberately mean...or rather, I wasn't trying to be mean, exactly, but I felt like telling the person exactly what I thought of her. I was in this guild on an MMORPG I used to play and the guild leader and I were kinda friends, but she was one of those extremely negative people and she would go on about how everyone hated her in the game. Everyone in the guild would comfort her and tell her she was likable and that she was just imagining that everyone hated her. I usually said nothing, because I knew exactly why people treated her that way. One day I just got tired of her whining and told her all of my observations about her behavior. She blocked me after that.
    Oh, well, now I have done stuff like that. When there's someone totally annoying and oblivious, and they've made everyone's lives completely miserable, I will finally get to the point where I feel like they really do need to know the truth. I won't say things designed to hurt them, per se ("Could it be that no one likes you because you're an insufferable hag?)--but I will enlighten them as to how their behavior pushes people away, and at that point, I'm not sugarcoating it.
    Something Witty

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram

I was having a heated discussion with my mom last weekend about a problem she's having with my little sister, who is 15. She was considering taking her out of school which I do not think would be a good idea. I suggested that she do some activities outside of school and my mom said "we've tried that! she was in two church youth groups last year!" I responded with "Well, maybe the lesson here is that you only meet douchebags in church youth groups." She cried. I kind of regret it maybe a little.
    The one who buggers a fire burns his penis
    -anonymous graffiti in the basilica at Pompeii

MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram

Quote Originally Posted by Ivy View Post
    I responded with "Well, maybe the lesson here is that you only meet douchebags in church youth groups." She cried. I kind of regret it maybe a little.
    Is it mean that I lol'd at that?

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    6w7 sx/so
    Socionics
    IEI

Quote Originally Posted by Firelie View Post
    Is it mean that I lol'd at that?
    It's not nice to say those things about people, but I've been part of youth groups and you do get a few of those in there. Accuracy isn't always nice...
    Dreams are best served manifest and tangible.

INFP, 6w7, IEI

I accept no responsibility, what so ever, for the fact that I exist; I do, however, accept full responsibility for what I do while I exist.

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

MBTI
    ESTP
    Enneagram
    6w5
    Socionics
    SLE

The last mean thing I did happened last year in my internship seminar at the university. This 'class' was only scheduled to meet about six times the entire semester, and attendance was required at each session if we wanted full credit. Anyway, on the day of the third seminar, we were informed that the class was going to be lead by one of the administrators (a really annoying ESFJ woman) because the professor had had an emergency and they didn't want to cancel the session.

After doing all of the required stuff (attendance, signing up for presentations, etc...), this woman started to try and lecture about the reading...and she was just god-awful. All she wanted to do was talk about what she thought about the book, and she would talk down anyone who presented a different opinion. Since I didn't even read the book the whole way through and had already taken care of what I needed to for the class, I decided that I should probably just leave and save myself the general annoyance. I got up and was heading for the door when she spotted me and asked why I was leaving and if I was coming back (she knew us all by name since she was the admin. for the program). I told her I had somewhere else to be (which she knew was a lie because it was almost 10:00 at night) and that I didn't plan on coming back. The look on her face after I answered was enough to indicate that I'd offended her deeply. She's not been friendly since (not that she was ever all that friendly towards me in the first place).

I felt kind of bad at the time, but not enough to make me return to my seat .
    Artes, Scientia, Veritasiness

Scream down the boulevard LadyJaye's Avatar
    MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    7w6 so/sx

Quote Originally Posted by murkrow View Post
    It's amazing how off the mark that story is .

I've said many terribly mean things to people but I think the one I said at the start of this thread is the only one I feel bad about.

It isn't even the meanest thing I've said, maybe it's because in retrospect I realize she was just doing her job.

Some of the harshest things I've said have been to my mother.

Actually now that I think about it they've almost all been to women.
    I don't particularly understand why you've asked other people if they've ever had a regret for something they've said, because you don't behave as if being offensive is really that big of a deal. Maybe it isn't to you, but then why bother asking if anyone else has ever felt that way.

MBTI
    INTJ

Quote Originally Posted by LadyJaye View Post
    I don't particularly understand why you've asked other people if they've ever had a regret for something they've said, because you don't behave as if being offensive is really that big of a deal. Maybe it isn't to you, but then why bother asking if anyone else has ever felt that way.
    Being offensive and being dishonest and sneaky is not the same thing.

MBTI
    INTP

I tend to hold back a lot, sometimes whomever I'm with won't say anything offensive and somehow I come up with the most sarcastic asshole thing to say-- It's not like I even think about it, it just appears instantly. Although, it is VERY fun when what they say is offensive.

MBTI
    INTJ

Funny thing, just recently I called somebody a doormat, and that person fell silent. I mean, the language was too strong and tactless for what I was trying to get across, and I let slip, which I don't normally do...Felt awful.
    Still using a needle to break apart a grain of sand.

MBTI
    INTJ

Quote Originally Posted by FallsPioneer View Post
    I called somebody a doormat, and that person fell silent.
    Touche.
    wails from the crypt.