User Tag List

123 Last

MBTI
    ENTP
    Enneagram
    7w6

Default Indication of inferior Si

I am generally messy, although I can be organised when I want it but I prefer the beautiful chaos that exists when I am messy. But when it comes in cleaning my glasses, I become super meticulous and detail-focused. That thing that I have with wanting my glasses to be super clean first occured when I was 15. Before that age, they were the most dirty glasses that you could see. I am still very bored to clean them daily, so I clean them every two weeks. But when I do it, I transform into this OCDed creature that is focused only in cleaning its glasses. Is this indicative of inferior Si or does it indicate that I am obsessed with the one thing that helps me see (I'm in the 5.00 diopter range by the way)?
    The best thing about human beings is that they stack so neatly.

Enneagram

Quote Originally Posted by ALL-HAIL-ME View Post
    I am generally messy, although I can be organised when I want it but I prefer the beautiful chaos that exists when I am messy. But when it comes in cleaning my glasses, I become super meticulous and detail-focused. That thing that I have with wanting my glasses to be super clean first occured when I was 15. Before that age, they were the most dirty glasses that you could see. I am still very bored to clean them daily, so I clean them every two weeks. But when I do it, I transform into this OCDed creature that is focused only in cleaning its glasses. Is this indicative of inferior Si or does it indicate that I am obsessed with the one thing that helps me see (I'm in the 5.00 diopter range by the way)?
    It's not inconsistent with inferior Si, but it's hard (for me at least) to attribute such minutia to a larger psychological pattern. You've got the right idea of how inferior Si might manifest itself, though.

MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    7w6 sx/so

@Sanjuro you and I need to have words about this thread haha!
    7w6 - 2w3 - 8w7 sx/so

Entertaining Cracker five sounds's Avatar
    MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    729 sx/sp
    Socionics
    IEE Ne

Lol so funny. Cleaning glass or hard surfaces (counters and stuff) is the one thing I get super into when I clean it. I still don't do it a lot, but when I do, I want it to be *perfect*. It's just so satisfying to get it shiny and perfectly clear. Organizing? Forget about it. I almost always go bare minimum, or try to establish a system to save myself from my ways and end up abandoning it.

I've heard inferior Si described as taking comfort in sensory things. Like listening to an old favorite song, eating a nostalgic meal your mom used to make, going to a familiar place, etc.
    You hem me in -- behind and before;
    you have laid your hand upon me.
    Such knowledge is too wonderful for me,
    too lofty for me to attain.

MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    7w6 sx/so

Quote Originally Posted by five sounds View Post
    Lol so funny. Cleaning glass or hard surfaces (counters and stuff) is the one thing I get super into when I clean it. I still don't do it a lot, but when I do, I want it to be *perfect*. It's just so satisfying to get it shiny and perfectly clear. Organizing? Forget about it. I almost always go bare minimum, or try to establish a system to save myself from my ways and end up abandoning it.
    Haha same here. Or when I do organize, I want it to be as perfectly organized as possible. That's probably why I just don't really organize much in the first place, because then if I get into it then it has to be exactly the way I want it to be. My ENFJ mom always resented how I always went for the bare minimum in basically...anything. Schoolwork, cleaning (both myself and my surroundings), chores, etc. And then if I got really into something like Pokemon, Kelly Clarkson, Typology, etc I did my research. I put a lot of time and dedication into it. And then my mom would be like what the hell Chandler, why don't you do this with things that would be more beneficial to your life?

I've heard inferior Si described as taking comfort in sensory things. Like listening to an old favorite song, eating a nostalgic meal your mom used to make, going to a familiar place, etc.
    Well I guess most people enjoy going to familiar places huh? But I guess if we're stressed, that's usually my go-to coping mechanism. Paper due in 1 hour stressing you out? Nope, don't work on it - play Pokemon instead and then later try to figure out the best lie you can pull out of your ass to fool the teacher into not marking you down. I've noticed recently in college that when I get unhappy with my surroundings here I've started to go to either my family friends' place or back to my own home. I guess it's just nice not having to shower with flip flops on. Nostalgic meals for sure too. When I go back home I make sure that my mom makes all my old favorites. I treasure it so much.
    7w6 - 2w3 - 8w7 sx/so

MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    729 sx/sp
    Socionics
    IEE Ne

Quote Originally Posted by Chanaynay View Post
    Haha same here. Or when I do organize, I want it to be as perfectly organized as possible. That's probably why I just don't really organize much in the first place, because then if I get into it then it has to be exactly the way I want it to be. My ENFJ mom always resented how I always went for the bare minimum in basically...anything. Schoolwork, cleaning (both myself and my surroundings), chores, etc. And then if I got really into something like Pokemon, Kelly Clarkson, Typology, etc I did my research. I put a lot of time and dedication into it. And then my mom would be like what the hell Chandler, why don't you do this with things that would be more beneficial to your life?
    oh, yes. my ESFJ mom resented it hard. i think she kinda thought she was failing as a mother because of it actually i relate to all of this so much.

Well I guess most people enjoy going to familiar places huh? But I guess if we're stressed, that's usually my go-to coping mechanism. Paper due in 1 hour stressing you out? Nope, don't work on it - play Pokemon instead and then later try to figure out the best lie you can pull out of your ass to fool the teacher into not marking you down. I've noticed recently in college that when I get unhappy with my surroundings here I've started to go to either my family friends' place or back to my own home. I guess it's just nice not having to shower with flip flops on. Nostalgic meals for sure too. When I go back home I make sure that my mom makes all my old favorites. I treasure it so much.
    yep! the thing is, for me, i crave variety and novelty in most cases, but when i'm stressed out, that's when i go back to my old tried and trues. it's comforting to have something familiar when i am in Ne-overload and feel like i don't know where i am or what's going on.

✿ڿڰۣஇღ♥ wut ♥ღஇڿڰۣ✿ digesthisickness's Avatar
    MBTI
    ENTP

I've often wondered what my Si was supposed to do. Just what its deal was. You mean THIS IS IT? Apparently, mine only works when I'm depressed. Then it's on hyperdrive.
    ✻ღϠ₡ღ✻
    (¯`✻´¯)
    `*.¸.*'ღϠ₡ღஇڿڰۣ
    •.¸¸. Ƹ̵̡Ӝ̵̨̄Ʒჱܓ. இڿڰۣ.¸¸.இڿڰۣ´¯`·.─♥

Cerebral Artery
    http://www.facebook.com/CerebralArtery

MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    7w6 sx/so

yep! the thing is, for me, i crave variety and novelty in most cases, but when i'm stressed out, that's when i go back to my old tried and trues. it's comforting to have something familiar when i am in Ne-overload and feel like i don't know where i am or what's going on.
    I can relate. I love trying new things and gaining new experiences, but at the end of the day in the back of my mind I miss all those things back in the day that I loved.

I also wonder if having Si in the inferior position can create for a harder time learning from your past mistakes. Like with the homework example, sometimes I would fuck up and end up with like a C- in Geometry but I still would just keep on doing what I wanted to do rather than actually trying to take something from that class and use it to do better in my future classes.
    7w6 - 2w3 - 8w7 sx/so

MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    729 sx/sp
    Socionics
    IEE Ne

Quote Originally Posted by Chanaynay View Post
    I also wonder if having Si in the inferior position can create for a harder time learning from your past mistakes. Like with the homework example, sometimes I would fuck up and end up with like a C- in Geometry but I still would just keep on doing what I wanted to do rather than actually trying to take something from that class and use it to do better in my future classes.
    A lot. It's something that I have gotten better at blancing as I've gotten older, but I much more naturally see the future as being unwritten and dependent on all if the circumstances that will be *then* and the past as a product of a different set of circumstances that were *then*.

Where I have grown is in honoring patterns as predictive, and knowing that the future probably won't be different if circumstances haven't changed. Took me some burns to get there though.

MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    7w6 sx/so

A lot. It's something that I have gotten better at blancing as I've gotten older, but I much more naturally see the future as being unwritten and dependent on all if the circumstances that will be *then* and the past as a product of a different set of circumstances that were *then*.
    This is my outlook as well. There are so many factors that could change how things play out in the future that I'd much rather just roll with the punches instead of trying to make what I want to happen happen. I'm very much a P in that sense!

Where I have grown is in honoring patterns as predictive, and knowing that the future probably won't be different if circumstances haven't changed.
    Yeah, the whole "you won't get a different result if you keep doing the same thing" thing. I always respond to it like "yeah, this makes sense" and I even pull it out on other people when giving them advice when they're being indecisive about something, but I rarely follow that myself. It's funny how we crave new experiences and variety because when it comes to our decision making, Fi is usually pretty consistent about what we want to do. Quite a conundrum huh?
    7w6 - 2w3 - 8w7 sx/so