User Tag List

First 1234 Last

Quote Originally Posted by Chanaynay View Post
    I also wonder if having Si in the inferior position can create for a harder time learning from your past mistakes. Like with the homework example, sometimes I would fuck up and end up with like a C- in Geometry but I still would just keep on doing what I wanted to do rather than actually trying to take something from that class and use it to do better in my future classes.
    I am relating so massively to this. I honestly feel Ne first Si last makes us incapable of learning unless we formulate a relationship with it.

^^And wow...I'll make sure to have some more coffee before responding to another post (did that even make sense? it's like we are all experience until we engage feeling... excuse me haha edit does anyone feel guilty about Keurig machines beside me? Anyway, it is like Ne/Si in this order...nothing is old and anything is possible...so you could in fact get an A in Geometry without studying. It could happen.)

Entertaining Cracker five sounds's Avatar
    MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    729 sx/sp
    Socionics
    IEE Ne

Quote Originally Posted by Starry View Post
    I am relating so massively to this. I honestly feel Ne first Si last makes us incapable of learning unless we formulate a relationship with it.

^^And wow...I'll make sure to have some more coffee before responding to another post (did that even make sense? it's like we are all experience until we engage feeling... excuse me haha edit does anyone feel guilty about Keurig machines beside me? Anyway, it is like Ne/Si in this order...nothing is old and anything is possible...so you could in fact get an A in Geometry without studying. It could happen.)
    lmao. yes.
    You hem me in -- behind and before;
    you have laid your hand upon me.
    Such knowledge is too wonderful for me,
    too lofty for me to attain.

Quote Originally Posted by five sounds View Post
    lmao. yes.
    omg thank you. This was basically the only thing I wanted for Christmas...and I have been struggling with my conflicted feelings of love and shame ever since. There should probably be product counseling or something.

MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    7w6 sx/so

Anyway, it is like Ne/Si in this order...nothing is old and anything is possible...so you could in fact get an A in Geometry without studying. It could happen.
    It's highly unlikely, but it could. And I might as well take a chance on those odds that it could happen. That's my thought process. At least I can proudly say despite the feedback I get from the world it can't shatter my worldview?
    7w6 - 2w3 - 8w7 sx/so

MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    729 sx/sp
    Socionics
    IEE Ne

This is my outlook as well. There are so many factors that could change how things play out in the future that I'd much rather just roll with the punches instead of trying to make what I want to happen happen. I'm very much a P in that sense!
    hm, this is interesting. i definitely try to roll with the punches, and am a really strong perceiver in that i like to respond to things that happen rather than arranging things. but when it comes to something i want (e7) and see as a possibility (Ne), i can become very pro-active in making things happen for myself. the thing is, i never have a fully formed plan. i just move toward it. and trust myself to respond to whatever comes up along the way, making modifications as things happen.

Yeah, the whole "you won't get a different result if you keep doing the same thing" thing. I always respond to it like "yeah, this makes sense" and I even pull it out on other people when giving them advice when they're being indecisive about something, but I rarely follow that myself. It's funny how we crave new experiences and variety because when it comes to our decision making, Fi is usually pretty consistent about what we want to do. Quite a conundrum huh?
    totally! it's actually comforting to me to look at that consistency that seems to come naturally to me. makes me think Fi might act as a substitute for Si as far as directing our Ne and keeping it from running amok. (edit: substitute is probably the wrong word. there are things that Si can help us with, that Fi might not serve us for.) funny that @Starry jumped in here, because she's actually the first person who put that into words for me, saying ENFPs are surprisingly consistent despite being always changing and into new things. i really feel like that rings true for me.

MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    729 sx/sp
    Socionics
    IEE Ne

omg thank you. This was basically the only thing I wanted for Christmas...and I have been struggling with my conflicted feelings of love and shame ever since. There should probably be product counseling or something.
    haha, i know what you mean. those little cups make me feel stressed out. i do know one thing though, a true love of coffee, when it's deep and pure, can cover a multitude of sins.

MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    7w6 sx/so

hm, this is interesting. i definitely try to roll with the punches, and am a really strong perceiver in that i like to respond to things that happen rather than arranging things. but when it comes to something i want (e7) and see as a possibility (Ne), i can become very pro-active in making things happen for myself. the thing is, i never have a fully formed plan. i just move toward it. and trust myself to respond to whatever comes up along the way, making modifications as things happen.
    This sounds like me too. But for me, it has to be something I REALLY want. Like, it can't just be getting a good grade in school (I think I was referring to grades in my quote) because grades don't simply matter that much to me in general. But if there's something that I want to do, I'm going to make it happen. I just don't care for trying to control how most aspects of my life play out because there are a lot of parts I'd rather just let the world decide for me. I'll only start chasing something if I really, truly want it.
    7w6 - 2w3 - 8w7 sx/so

MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    729 sx/sp
    Socionics
    IEE Ne

This sounds like me too. But for me, it has to be something I REALLY want. Like, it can't just be getting a good grade in school (I think I was referring to grades in my quote) because grades don't simply matter that much to me in general. But if there's something that I want to do, I'm going to make it happen. I just don't care for trying to control how most aspects of my life play out because there are a lot of parts I'd rather just let the world decide for me. I'll only start chasing something if I really, truly want it.
    oh hell no. i've never worked hard for a grade. except when i was in stress out Si crazy mode in grad school. but that was unhealthy and weird. knowledge that i want though? i'll stay up all night learning about something that fascinates me. i always had the mindset in school that i was there for experiences and knowledge i could gain, and that grades were bullshit. i worked accordingly.

haha, i know what you mean. those little cups make me feel stressed out. i do know one thing though, a true love of coffee, when it's deep and pure, can cover a multitude of sins.
    My Mom said that there are reusable pods (?) which I will get if this is true. It's just that.... I wanted this machine because I'm incapable of making coffee in the morning without making a gigantuan mess...the kind were it might look to a law enforcement official like a struggle had taken place when really it was just *me*…making coffee. But if I can grind and put coffee into a pod why...?

The good thing is though... when I go to clean my counters...it's done perfectly.

MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    7w6 sx/so

oh hell no. i've never worked hard for a grade. except when i was in stress out Si crazy mode in grad school. but that was unhealthy and weird. knowledge that i want though? i'll stay up all night learning about something that fascinates me. i always had the mindset in school that i was there for experiences and knowledge i could gain, and that grades were bullshit. i worked accordingly.
    Exactly! I think how my grades worked out demonstrate that exactly too. Psychology, sociology, and humanities? A. Chemistry, geometry, and world history? Don't ask.
    7w6 - 2w3 - 8w7 sx/so