User Tag List

12 Last

MBTI
    ENTP
    Enneagram
    7w6

Default Your attitude on personal attacks

When a person attacks me in a personal way, I have no problem. What I have problem with is: First when people try to label me and put me in a certain category and second when they praise you in one moment and calls you a "winner" and later label you a "loser". Usually it takes me a couple of hours to forget that insult and move on. What about you?
    The best thing about human beings is that they stack so neatly.

MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    8w9

If someone called me a winner one minute then a loser the next, that's not even an insult. It's ridiculous. And that would be the extent of my thoughts on the matter.
    I like to rock n' roll all night and *part* of every day. I usually have errands... I can only rock from like 1-3.

MBTI
    ENFJ
    Enneagram
    1w2 sp/so
    Socionics
    EIE Fe

It depends. Personal attacks that are out of context I'll laugh off and rationalize why they did it in the first place. Most of the time the reasons they are done is because the individual is hurt in some way. Rarely, they can get under my skin, but it's only if what they call me is actually correct.

It seldom ever happens to me though, thankfully.
    MBTI: ExxJ tetramer
    Functions: Fe > Te > Ni > Se > Si > Ti > Fi > Ne
    Enneagram: 1w2 - 3w4 - 6w5 (The Taskmaster) | sp/so
    Socionics: β-E dimer | -
    Big 5: slOaI
    Temperament: Choleric/Melancholic
    Alignment: Lawful Neutral
    External Perception: Nohari and Johari

MBTI
    INTJ

I have a hard time being offended by someone who can't even form a consistent attack. Unless of course, there's a real, negative outcome.

MBTI
    FREE
    Enneagram
    594 sx/sp
    Socionics
    LII Ne

It depends on context.

I don't actually mind being called something if it's true. (e.g., if I acted like a bitch and someone calls me one, then that's fine. Or if I lied about something and I'm called a liar, then again, well, it's true, so...why should I be mad?)

I think I mostly get pissed when someone purposefully picks the most negative interpretation of my behavior and promotes that publicly to misrepresent me. It's even worse when I give them information to explain why my motivation was something else and they persist in the lie. The lack of fairness with cruel intent really can get to me.

But in general, since most people who know me would recognize it's not true, I'll still try not to get too caught up in it.
    "Hey Capa -- We're only stardust." ~ "Sunshine"

“Pleasure to me is wonder—the unexplored, the unexpected, the thing that is hidden and the changeless thing that lurks behind superficial mutability. To trace the remote in the immediate; the eternal in the ephemeral; the past in the present; the infinite in the finite; these are to me the springs of delight and beauty.” ~ H.P. Lovecraft

MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    514 sp
    Socionics
    ILI

I'm really bad face making personal attacks. I get angry about it. Whenever someone attacks me ignore everything they say and do as me if not affect me. But it is not. Not that it affects me so much, but I often think for a while about whether what they have said is true or not.

Unapologetic being Evolving Transparency's Avatar
    MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    1w9 sp/sx
    Socionics
    ESI Fi

I'm extremely slow to process emotions. My own, or others. (It's like I have a disconnect )

I'm realizing this more and more.

And if I don't sit alone and write about how a situation went down, or work through those stupid emotions...then it subconsciously rolls on into the next interaction with that particular person.

If I don't take account and work through those emotions though, even though I should, I feel fine. Not threatened or anything. And I don't usually fixate on it for long. I don't let on that easily.

And then if I continue to do this (ignoring mine and others emotions)...I eventually explode.

If the insult is true, I most definately don't get angry right away. In that situation I'm much more proned to be shocked and accept it in a matter of seconds. I'm a 6 though, and it depends on if I'm feeling more phobic or cp in the situation.

If I don't think it's true, then it can stay with me longer. I will ignore it til I have time to rationalize what happened, and it takes me about 5 mins to ignore it.

I'm a 6...I'm unfortunately looking for support. So when someone insults me, true or false, I have to deal with it at some point, cause I'm seeking their guidance (even if I'm not consciously doing that.)

The person that insults me, will never know that though.

Unless we are very close. Then I just shut down completely.

This all depends on context.

Who is the person insulting me??
    "Once the game is over, the Pawn and the King go back into the same box"

Freedom isn't free.
    "Freedom is the right to tell people what they do not want to hear." ~ Orwell
    I'm that person that embodies pretty much everything that you hate. Might as well get used to it.
    Unapologetically bonding in an uninhibited, propelled manner
    10w12

MBTI
    intp
    Enneagram
    5w4 sx

I lick them with my razor sharp tongue, ignore them or just laugh at their pitiful attempts on trying to get on my nerves, depending which pisses them off the most.
    "Where wisdom reigns, there is no conflict between thinking and feeling."
    — C.G. Jung

Read

If it pisses me off I just give them a sarcastic answer.

If not, I just laugh or ignore it.

The funny thing is that every INTP I know does the same.

MBTI
    ESTJ
    Enneagram
    1w9

People can utter whatever insults they please & it's rare that I'd waste the keystrokes to bother retorting.
    Last edited by OrderOfTheCaelifera; 03-24-2014 at 04:09 PM.