User Tag List

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Question for INTPs

Banned Array

My dogs.

I don't have a best friend. Like someone said above (too lazy to quote), I either avoid using the term, or use it to describe about ten people and then talk about how much I dislike using the word.

Are we expected to have a best friend?

I tend to give all my attention to one person. Like the more I have a best friend, the better the chance of other friends becoming acquaintances. Maybe it's all relative. It's likely because I'm quite jealous and possessive, so am instinctively not hypocritical. Although, my best friend has a partner, which I'm absolutely fine with ('though there's no women involved).

Ti Ne Fi Ni

-How beautiful, this pale Endymion hour.
    -What are you talking about?
    -Endymion, my dear. A beautiful youth possessed by the moon.
    -Well, forget about him and get to bed.
    -Yes, my dear.

Junior Member Array Fishfighter's Avatar

My best friend happens to be an ESFJ (I know that's her MBTI type, because I asked her to take the test).

MacGuffin - What am I?
    alcea rosea - Santa Claus

Junior Member Array

Quote Originally Posted by Sunshine View Post
    Who's your best friend and why?
    I have two best friends! That is, I have two friends. Anyway...

INTJ who I've known since I was a little kid. He probably doesn't know it, but he's something of a role model for me. He's kind, honest, and talented in many areas I am interested in. Plus he likes video games. We really just have a very similar way of approaching things, although sometimes I don't work hard enough and sometimes he gets stuck in doing things the same way, so we can complement each other to an extent.

ISFP who I've known for about 3 years now. I find her whole way of approaching things interesting, and the sincerity and straightforwardness of interacting with her is refreshing. She's also "fun," I think, although to a large extent I just like being around her. We've had a lot of conflict, although things have been going well for most of this last year. In the past, she's actually complained that I seem too mechanical towards her, that I'm too consistently "nice," even when I choose to voice a complaint. I think she's come to appreciate it somewhat though, and just goes to her esfp friend when she wants someone more exciting.

Senior Member Array ThatsWhatHeSaid's Avatar

This dude named Daniel, XXFP. Why? He's really low maintenance, doesn't mind if we just talk or hang out or whatever, and I can talk to him about relationships, philosophy, or spirituality. Also, he provides ample material for jokes and doesn't get sensitive about it.