User Tag List

First 12

MBTI
    INTJ

Quote Originally Posted by Lion 4.5 View Post
    Do you think that religion might be a point of concern for her? If she's a pretty devout catholic, it might be. Don't know what your own religious position is, but some people really care about their religion. On the other hand, maybe she wouldn't have gone as far as she has if that was an issue... Ignore me.
    I know, right? I was surprised that it didn't seem to be issue with her, at first. But despite the fact that I'm not personally religious, I was raised in a christian household, and I've held on to most of the moral principles I was taught as a child because I think they're good principles to live by, regardless of personal belief. I guess that's enough for her.

Quote Originally Posted by YWIR
    You are so cute. <Squishs you >!!!
    Aww, thanks. I love flattery.

So because I feel like it might be rude not to give an update of the situation, I'll try (but I'm somewhat reluctant to go into detail, so bear with me). Essentially, I tried Wind Up Rex's advice first. I ended up getting some sort of conversation with her about something insignificant the next time we were talking, so I interrupted her with some of that reassurance stuff. She immediately began reciprocating.

figsfiggyfigs

Quote Originally Posted by Old Cheney View Post

Aww, thanks. I love flattery.

What INTJ doesn't!

MBTI
    INTJ

Probably the kind that are better developed socially. :p

MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    5w6 sp/sx

Quote Originally Posted by YWIR View Post
    What INTJ doesn't!
    What INTJ does? From what I read (and my own experience), flattery makes most of us suspicious and wary.
    I've been called a criminal, a terrorist, and a threat to the known universe. But everything you were told is a lie. The truth is, they've taken our freedom, our home, and our future. The time has come for all humanity to take a stand...

MBTI
    INTJ

Quote Originally Posted by Coriolis View Post
    What INTJ does? From what I read (and my own experience), flattery makes most of us suspicious and wary.
    I used to be like this - especially when being called cute, more than anything else. But after explaining myself to a couple of different people I trust, they finally helped me grasp that the source of that feeling was just my habit of over-analyzing, which made me assume that very often, there was some hidden meaning or purpose behind it. In reality though, it seems like the vast majority of people (barring circumstances in which they have a clear reason in wanting to gain my favor or affection) really just say it at face value.

It makes sense, too. If I compliment someone on having nice hair, for example, I typically wouldn't mean anything other than 'nice hair.' Why would they mean anything different if the roles were switched, and I was the one receiving the compliment?

MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    5w6 sp/sx

It makes sense, too. If I compliment someone on having nice hair, for example, I typically wouldn't mean anything other than 'nice hair.' Why would they mean anything different if the roles were switched, and I was the one receiving the compliment?
    The discussion, and my observation, concerned flattery rather than a simple compliment like "your hair looks nice".
    I've been called a criminal, a terrorist, and a threat to the known universe. But everything you were told is a lie. The truth is, they've taken our freedom, our home, and our future. The time has come for all humanity to take a stand...

MBTI
    NiTe
    Enneagram
    9w8 so/sx

I used to be like this - especially when being called cute, more than anything else. But after explaining myself to a couple of different people I trust, they finally helped me grasp that the source of that feeling was just my habit of over-analyzing, which made me assume that very often, there was some hidden meaning or purpose behind it. In reality though, it seems like the vast majority of people (barring circumstances in which they have a clear reason in wanting to gain my favor or affection) really just say it at face value.

I went through that exact same experience. Or almost. I guess we're not as unique as we think... "No man is an island"...