• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

[NT] NTs and their interests

Lexlike

MBTI Type
InTP
Enneagram
4w5
My question for all nt s ( especially for the Intp or j types) what are you doing in the freetime ? what are your hobbies, interests etc.?? (what is your relationship to sport and music??)
Myself is really into sports and music. I m kind of working out and training karate( i ´m not really good at it though).
I always listen to music when i m tired, feeled stressed, or in any situaition i "feel" from the inner... hard to describe
When I was a teenager I was really into trying to find out the "truth" like is there life after death for example... it took long and sleeples nights and today i do not believe (really) in god. I was also really into " human anthrophology" which is kind of weird stuff, but i can really seperate types of people by facial features . I also find mbti interesting but i m kind of newstarter here....

so people now its your turn

Simplexity

MBTI Type
INTP
Basically im really into the analysis part of everything, even sports Im usually the first person to really focus on how to expend the least amount of energy when participating in open ended team sports. I also pretty much enjoy just seeing different perspectives in general like how people went about achieving success, the different tactics they used and how they played out in a professional sense.

Im also an avid you tube watcher of sports clips in general mostly soccer I think its really interesting seeing a particular players skill set and maybe compare and contrast the way they move about and see the game and how I would. plus I just enjoy sports in general.

In general though my interests come and go and I'm usually intensely focused on them till I feel like Ive achieved an acceptable level of competence to begin to see things in a new light. for example at first I really started getting into fitness so I initially focused on just general exercises and as I read more and more I got into nutrition, then physiology, then Bio-chemistry and that evolved into me being really interested in the nervous system and more importantly how the brain works and the possible connections that has with psychology.

JAVO

MBTI Type
eNTP
Interests I'm active in
computer programming (current career)
medical and psychology research (current career)
digital image analysis (medical) (current career)
MBTI, especially related to technical team effectiveness
wilderness survival/bushcraft
hiking/backpacking/exploring/hammocks/DIY and minimalist gear
weight training
running
friends and social life (ha! about time! :doh::D)
Edit: 35 mm and large format landscape photography (film with digital processing and printing, semi-pro)

Interests I'm seriously considering becoming active in if I can find the time
martial arts (jiu-jitsu, took some taekwondo and Hawaiian kempo in past)
kayaking
mountain biking
woodworking (making furniture--taking a break for now)

Last edited:

Ghost of the dead horse

filling some space
MBTI Type
ENTJ
Running
Cycling
surfing
Watching movies
Watching tv series
reading news
Learning something (personality, computer tech, political events, engineering, etc)
online chatting, participating in forums.. like in here
Drinking
seeing friends
dancing
going to some night clubs
meeting some new people.. friends of friends .. anywhere .. in whatever they might do. Swimming? Party at someone's house? kayaking? Whatever they do, I'm in. (I've been trying to arrange an occasion for my first time kayaking btw, as I saw some of my friends do it, someone who've moved out of town now;) )
I've also seriously considered rock climbing.
I do some weight lifting about 5 months a year.
Planning some ground-breaking computer software
Fixing things in the apartment
House decoration
just good time with gf.. going to picnics, chatting, doing whatever we do individually, too.. and some other stuff..
Getting tired, that's about 70% of it all. I guess I'm close to I/E border, with quite a lot I things going on.
My question for all nt s ( especially for the Intp or j types)
esp. not ENTP :D Glad to be useless ;)

Uytuun

MBTI Type
nnnn
What I do in my free time:

I love doing nothing productive at all, lazing about
sleeping
dancing
fora/Internet
books/magazines
shopping
riding the train
watching films/good TV, though I'll watch the bad programmes too :p
learning about obscure things
speaking of these obscure things with like-minded people
fantasising/imagining
using sarcasm
thinking and getting insights
eating well
hanging out with friends
playing with animals
enjoying nature, but not in a forceful now you have to enjoy nature because it's really beautiful up here way
laughing and acting silly with my brother and father/friends

I don't care for music that much even though I like to sing. I prefer silence. I play football (soccer) during the academic year.

I'm interested in practically everything that is at least a little bit conceptual.

Firelie

Magical
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
I do everything I can to get out of my own head in my free time.

Most of the time it's just fantasy books and television. I used to play WoW, but it's too time-consuming.

I don't care at all about sports, though I can be momentarily swayed into watching if the sport involves men in tight clothing.

Lexlike

MBTI Type
InTP
Enneagram
4w5
Running

esp. not ENTP :D Glad to be useless ;)

No , you misunderstood me. Its actually great to compare!

Btw: Me as an intp loves to party, going to clubs too, i just have some problems with flirting , because of the introvert thinking think...haha
But i could survive without partying , thats a difference between an i- and an e- person...

bluebell

MBTI Type
INTP
My interests come and go - I get obsessed by something for a while then move on to something else.

At the moment I spend a lot of time online - forums, random surfing (<3 stumbleupon), playing games, reading etc.

I spend a lot of time inside my head. I'm currently interested in psychology/human evolution, governance (international and national), how the world economy works (in a big picture systms kind of way, not the details).

I dip into art now and then, both reading about it and occasionally doing it.

I go through phases of being social.

A few years ago one of my obsessions was cooking and I experimented a lot, then I got bored of cooking. I'm starting to get back into it a little now.

That's all I can think of at the moment. Oh, and I'm an INTP.

Aerithria

Senior Thread Terminator
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
5w4
I tend to read a lot. The subjects differ, but I always have about fifty books started. At this moment I'm delving into archaeology and history, but I have plenty of science, philosophy and fantasy books waiting to be read as well. I also occasionally read a humour book to balance everything out.

I also watch things. By this I'm referring to television, movies, etc. I don't actually turn on the TV and just see what's there or anything, but I do occasionally re-watch TV DVDs that I find interesting. My movies are usually of the epic/fantasy variety, my television shows are usually medical or science fiction that don't mind delving into philosophy occasionally (think House or Buffy - yes, I am a dork). I'm also an avid anime fan - the more artistic, the better. Mushi-shi I think is best representative of that.

I also enjoy keeping active. I practice martial arts (tae kwon-do), staff fighting and I occasionally climb rocks. Swimming and hiking are also fun, but I tend to do those less.

Oh, and video games. When I have time.

substitute

MBTI Type
ENTP
Predictably, I'm interested in pretty much everything and anything. I mean literally. I'm as happy trying to get to grips with a gear box on a car, reading Old French poetry, knitting a sock, cooking a frittata, hiking up a mountain, getting my ass whipped at archery by my ISTP friend, taking photos in a cathedral, playing guitar, doing voluntary work, playing with kids, creating chemistry experiments, going to parties, sitting around in pubs and chatting with people, meeting people (literally ANY kind of people)... really anything.

Usehername

On a mission
Everything.

CURRENT (i.e. I do every other day or so):
*road cycling
*acoustic guitar
*learning about politics (politicsforum.org is helpful)
*learning how to build bikes (building my first--a fixed-gear Bianchi)
*learning basic linguistic study
*I'm trying to fill a sketchbook with charcoal sketches; not so much for the gain in artistic skill (I have none; it was either Band or Art in jr. high and I was a band geek) but instead to expand my brain. I'm switching from a chem major to get a BA and think it'll help

PAST:
*rowing
*piano (still current, I just don't play regularly now)
*volleyball
*fastpitch

FallsPioneer

MBTI Type
INTJ
I've spent the entirety of my summer up till now trying to break apart a grain of sand with a needle.

edel weiss

MBTI Type
ENTP
I can get interested in almost anything that comes my way. I'm like an excited puppy when you show me new things, if I haven't already decided they're uselss in the first place, that is. (like fashion... ugh...) My interests, as a whole are -

Reading. I read anything and everything that passes by.
Writing
Martial arts. I don't know what I'd do without it.
Debating
Pretending to be someone else
Politics
Feminism
Swimming
Adventure sports - trekking, rafting, etc.
I attempt to put my latent talents of singing and drawing into use from time to time.

ZiL

MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram
567?
Hmm...
Anthropology
Linguistics and language learning (Studying Spanish, German and Polish currently)
Painting
Guitar
"Fashion"
Feminist theories
X-Files!
Foreign movies
Genealogy
Reading news from "alternative" sources
Singin'
Jewelry makin' (or basically making anything I can think of with the assload of beads I've got laying around)
Personality theories...duh.
Cycling (avid Tour de France watcher for last 4 yrs, doping scandals and all)
Figure Skating (men's and ice dance, esp.)
Art History
Photography
Running
In the past, ballet, meteorology

Pretty much anything that strikes my fancy...

LucrativeSid

Anything competitive. From basketball to poker to chess. Reading, researching, writing, discussing, debating, teaching, learning, ect... Building things and fixing things. Performing experiments, especially ones that involve human subjects. Playing guitar or other instruments, listening to music, jamming with people, performing, rapping. Being as goofy as I possibly can. Searching for anything profound or just extremely twisted. Thinking!

freebird

MBTI Type
INTP
Completely depends on what phase I'm in. Interests come on strong and leave in an instant. I just decide it's not interesting anymore and move on.

Current/ recurring interests:
neurobiology
physiology
psychology :)
laughing (puns, sarcasm, cleverness)
puzzles (jigsaw, word, visual, any type really)
oh, music definitely (specific moods demand specific types)
reading, though not so much lately
drawing, sporadically
cooking and baking (especially for my friends)
talking about insightful concepts and ideas with certain ppl
exploring what the mind can conjure (oh the false realities I've created... trouble those)

anytime my mind isn't REALLY occupied, I'm thinking... about everything and anything, and my thoughts wander and ppl I know receive alternate personalities and motives are questioned and I dig myself into holes (oi) and I dream big (even if I don't act on those ideas) and I imagine what COULD be and get depressed that it isn't and probably won't be just because of the way I am and the way things are. I hope that makes sense.

I love hanging out with E's too. They make me happy :)