User Tag List

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: NTs and their interests

Default NTs and their interests

My question for all nt s ( especially for the Intp or j types) what are you doing in the freetime ? what are your hobbies, interests etc.?? (what is your relationship to sport and music??)
    Myself is really into sports and music. I m kind of working out and training karate( i ´m not really good at it though).
    I always listen to music when i m tired, feeled stressed, or in any situaition i "feel" from the inner... hard to describe
    When I was a teenager I was really into trying to find out the "truth" like is there life after death for example... it took long and sleeples nights and today i do not believe (really) in god. I was also really into " human anthrophology" which is kind of weird stuff, but i can really seperate types of people by facial features . I also find mbti interesting but i m kind of newstarter here....

so people now its your turn

I watch films when I'm not here.

Criticker - paulofilmo's Profile

Paths of Glory is on tonight

Ti Ne Fi Ni

-How beautiful, this pale Endymion hour.
    -What are you talking about?
    -Endymion, my dear. A beautiful youth possessed by the moon.
    -Well, forget about him and get to bed.
    -Yes, my dear.

Basically im really into the analysis part of everything, even sports Im usually the first person to really focus on how to expend the least amount of energy when participating in open ended team sports. I also pretty much enjoy just seeing different perspectives in general like how people went about achieving success, the different tactics they used and how they played out in a professional sense.

Im also an avid you tube watcher of sports clips in general mostly soccer I think its really interesting seeing a particular players skill set and maybe compare and contrast the way they move about and see the game and how I would. plus I just enjoy sports in general.

In general though my interests come and go and I'm usually intensely focused on them till I feel like Ive achieved an acceptable level of competence to begin to see things in a new light. for example at first I really started getting into fitness so I initially focused on just general exercises and as I read more and more I got into nutrition, then physiology, then Bio-chemistry and that evolved into me being really interested in the nervous system and more importantly how the brain works and the possible connections that has with psychology.

Interests I'm active in
    computer programming (current career)
    medical and psychology research (current career)
    digital image analysis (medical) (current career)
    MBTI, especially related to technical team effectiveness
    wilderness survival/bushcraft
    hiking/backpacking/exploring/hammocks/DIY and minimalist gear
    weight training
    friends and social life (ha! about time! )
    Edit: 35 mm and large format landscape photography (film with digital processing and printing, semi-pro)

Interests I'm seriously considering becoming active in if I can find the time
    martial arts (jiu-jitsu, took some taekwondo and Hawaiian kempo in past)
    mountain biking
    woodworking (making furniture--taking a break for now)
    Last edited by JAVO; 07-17-2008 at 11:41 PM. Reason: added photography

filling some space Array UnitOfPopulation's Avatar

Watching movies
    Watching tv series
    reading news
    Learning something (personality, computer tech, political events, engineering, etc)
    online chatting, participating in forums.. like in here
    seeing friends
    going to some night clubs
    meeting some new people.. friends of friends .. anywhere .. in whatever they might do. Swimming? Party at someone's house? kayaking? Whatever they do, I'm in. (I've been trying to arrange an occasion for my first time kayaking btw, as I saw some of my friends do it, someone who've moved out of town now )
    I've also seriously considered rock climbing.
    I do some weight lifting about 5 months a year.
    Planning some ground-breaking computer software
    Fixing things in the apartment
    House decoration
    just good time with gf.. going to picnics, chatting, doing whatever we do individually, too.. and some other stuff..
    Getting tired, that's about 70% of it all. I guess I'm close to I/E border, with quite a lot I things going on.
    Quote Originally Posted by Lexlike View Post
    My question for all nt s ( especially for the Intp or j types)
    esp. not ENTP Glad to be useless

What I do in my free time:

I love doing nothing productive at all, lazing about
    riding the train
    watching films/good TV, though I'll watch the bad programmes too :p
    learning about obscure things
    speaking of these obscure things with like-minded people
    using sarcasm
    thinking and getting insights
    eating well
    hanging out with friends
    playing with animals
    enjoying nature, but not in a forceful now you have to enjoy nature because it's really beautiful up here way
    laughing and acting silly with my brother and father/friends

I don't care for music that much even though I like to sing. I prefer silence. I play football (soccer) during the academic year.

I'm interested in practically everything that is at least a little bit conceptual.

I do everything I can to get out of my own head in my free time.

Most of the time it's just fantasy books and television. I used to play WoW, but it's too time-consuming.

I don't care at all about sports, though I can be momentarily swayed into watching if the sport involves men in tight clothing.

Quote Originally Posted by Santtu View Post

esp. not ENTP Glad to be useless
    No , you misunderstood me. Its actually great to compare!

Btw: Me as an intp loves to party, going to clubs too, i just have some problems with flirting , because of the introvert thinking think...haha
    But i could survive without partying , thats a difference between an i- and an e- person...
    F... 62%
    P... 72%
    Ti- Ne- Si- Fe
    Te- Ni-Fi- Se
    Ennegramm: 4w5
    Intrapersonal with Logical- Mathemathical I.
    Cassification: brunette East- baltid^^

Senior Member Array

I like to eat ice cream and I really enjoy a nice pair of slacks.

My interests come and go - I get obsessed by something for a while then move on to something else.

At the moment I spend a lot of time online - forums, random surfing (<3 stumbleupon), playing games, reading etc.

I spend a lot of time inside my head. I'm currently interested in psychology/human evolution, governance (international and national), how the world economy works (in a big picture systms kind of way, not the details).

I dip into art now and then, both reading about it and occasionally doing it.

I go through phases of being social.

A few years ago one of my obsessions was cooking and I experimented a lot, then I got bored of cooking. I'm starting to get back into it a little now.

That's all I can think of at the moment. Oh, and I'm an INTP. much smoke pouring out of each chromosome.