• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

[NT] NTs and their interests

Bear Warp

MBTI Type
epyT
Reading: Cyberpunk, Speculative, and Near Future novels. Science and Technology news. Accounts of the paranormal.

Watching: The X-Files, Home Movies, Death Note, and Metalocalypse.

Hearing: Kraftwerk, Rapeman, Oasis, the soundtrack to A Clockwork Orange, and Bach's Inventions.

Doing: Sudoku puzzles, online intelligence tests (for fun only), sitting around with my cousin and his girlfriend, anticipating Warhammer Online, combating boredom, waiting for college.

I sleep a lot too. Not because I have to, but I like dreaming.

Kasper

Diabolical
MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram
9w8
Instinctual Variant
so/sx
Give me someone's mind to delve into and I'm set :happy2:

I also dig on gyming, giging, reading, dreaming, riding and drinking.

what is your relationship to sport and music
Almost incestuous.

MBTI Type
INTJ
Watching/reading/writing comedy
Film & TV production
Reading travel books and magazines
Going to rock concerts
Obsessively following football and ice hockey
Playing with Photoshop/trying to learn graphic design
Trivia games
Cooking and baking
Singing in my car
Space travel and astronomy
Thinking about unsolvable and probably ridiculous conspiracy theories (JFK assassination, ancient astronauts, 9/11 crackpots, etc.)

Jughead

MBTI Type
INTP
I read a lot, I like to watch TV shows occasionally, I surf the interwebz a lot, I listen to a lot of music, I like to argue, I'm a bit of an activist, I like playing board games, I love analysing people.

sandbeige

MBTI Type
ENTP
art, drawing, photography, architecture, generally visual arts...
psychology, HR management, cognitive science,
economics, theory and practice of investments, theory of money, monetary policy, interests rates -yes yes yes :)))
movies (comedies and dramas)
soundtracks, instrumental music, jazz (dave & don grusin, herbie hancock, phillip glass, thomas newman, john williams, zbigniew preisner, michal lorenc, david holmes, mark isham)
planes (watching, hearing, being inside, i'll buy one someday :) )
travelling, taking a bus/car/train/bike with no particular purpose, just for the sake of riding, I like the state of constantly changing window view
dreaming, thinking, analysing...
reading, but it needs to be wit and funny
:)

nanashi

MBTI Type
INTJ
What DO I do? ... I bicycle :headphne: about 30 miles a week. I like weightlifting and modern dancing. If I wasn't so ectomorphic, I'd probably have an awesome time with breakdancing...wait I'd probably also have to trade in my gender for the upper body mass of a guy and get personality-type re-assignment to be an XSXP. :violin:

I drive my poor roommate crazy with my theorizing about mbti. I just start generating all of these lovely researchable questions, like about my supervisors being compatible with each other, or wondering how the functions are exhibited, etc.

Um, there's a violin :violin: (hello again, violin smiley) and a guitar that are lying here to be mastered, but they are only dabbled with occasionally. I like to edit papers (grammar and logical flow are systems :) ), and I like debating philosophy and doing behavioral analysis. I spend free time surfing the interwebbies, watching black&white movies, and listening to music. Radiohead, Missy Higgins, Shostakovich, and Regina Spektor are some of my favorite bands. I'm attracted to cyberpunk and indie culture, but I was pretty hermetic my whole youth, so I'm just barely knowledgeable about them. I also like to sing and draw. But it's hard for me to please myself or my imaginary Greek Chorus when I'm drawing, so it's rather arduous.

Despite my introversion I've discovered one of my favorite things to do is be around my close friends (people I admire, glean enjoyment of life from, and enjoy being around). :huh:Perhaps this is the result of having been so depressed after my ex divorced me? I was so depressed I just curled up and watched Star Trek for weeks and didn't really eat:cry:--which is a bad sign since I'm the type that's always chewing on or guzzling something (I have several course meals if I have to sit through a 2-hour class). I'd kind of retreated from life. I got sick of being in my own head, probably because the most frequently utilized neurons weren't the components of happy-hormone-releasing paths. My friends were welcome, interesting distractions :party2:from my inner monologue of nihilism or self-analysis :coffee: and persecution :steam: .They still make me feel better after a long day. Of course, they've probably been carefully selected if they're in my inner circle, so I guess it's understandable I like to be in their presence.

BetaSwimmer

MBTI Type
ENTP
See now despite being an E type I tend to desire, but never really get around to actually doing a whole lot of extracurricular activities. More often then not I spend most of my free time when not at work, online RPing.
I'm not a reader, though not because I don't like reading, but sitting down and reading a book in silence literally puts me to sleep.
I used to play soccer and swim in high school among various other activities, but since high school ended, and some other unfortunate issues brought about no thanks to myself, I've stopped most of my activities...

However on the topic of music
Happy Hardcore, Goa-Psy Trance...all the sh*t people in America seems to fear

THOUGH...I do eventually have plans for my interest in the future, of which include...
Eventually purchasing a set of turn tables, (Most likely the new CD based ones, but I'll go searching around for ideas before making a final choice) and start teaching myself to beat match and what not with all my favorite electronic music.
Also, Martial arts....NEED to at some point get into some program for my own sake of physical fitness as well as just my general desire to learn a balanced martial arts of some kind.
And outside of that my schooling will eventually take me into the atmospheric studies which I hope will one day get me in with the crazy storm chasers of the world.

Owl

desert pelican
MBTI Type
INTP
I love poetry, and a glass of scotch, and, of course, my friend Didums here.

DarkMatterTheorist

MBTI Type
INTJ
Neurology, particle physics, psychiatry, theoretical physics, psychopharmacology, psychedelic psychotherapy, evolutionary psychology, meditation.

Silence over music.

I don't drive, but I do between five and twelve miles on my bicycle each day... plus one day a week of doing 25-50 miles. I guess that means I like cycling. I also enjoy hiking and camping.

Maabus1999

MBTI Type
INTJ
Any skill that I see as a potential increase the synergy among mind, body, and metaphysical. Lately I've been involved in Cross Fit (body), Mountain Biking (body), MBTI theory (mind and meta), and poker (mind). My hobbies keep evolving as I feel I've attained a satisfactory mastery for each at a personal level, then I look for a new one. Oh, and I'm constantly looking for problems to analyze and solve. Luckily my job is based around that so I'm quite content.

Sling

MBTI Type
N358
Design/Fabrication
Leaving a wake of carnage and chaos
Shooting guns and killing poor defenseless little animals
Being Charles Manson(or so I've been said to act)
Psychedelics
Exercise
Studying and Learning
Lockpicking/Security(Not a thief ;))
Computers and software
Neuro Linguistic Programming
Singing, rocking out on guitar and harmonica
Humour through Harassment
Harassment through Humour
Exploring
Fixing things
Writing
Inventing things
Cooking
The Internet

Type - ANTj

Nonsensical

MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
two of my best friends are NTP's and are both very interesting is sci-fi stuff (which I find cool, myself), computers, and other technical stuff...they are both very wise, philosophical, and over-all, very great guys