User Tag List

First 1234 Last

Senior Thread Terminator Aerithria's Avatar
    MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    5w4

I tend to read a lot. The subjects differ, but I always have about fifty books started. At this moment I'm delving into archaeology and history, but I have plenty of science, philosophy and fantasy books waiting to be read as well. I also occasionally read a humour book to balance everything out.

I also watch things. By this I'm referring to television, movies, etc. I don't actually turn on the TV and just see what's there or anything, but I do occasionally re-watch TV DVDs that I find interesting. My movies are usually of the epic/fantasy variety, my television shows are usually medical or science fiction that don't mind delving into philosophy occasionally (think House or Buffy - yes, I am a dork). I'm also an avid anime fan - the more artistic, the better. Mushi-shi I think is best representative of that.

I also enjoy keeping active. I practice martial arts (tae kwon-do), staff fighting and I occasionally climb rocks. Swimming and hiking are also fun, but I tend to do those less.

Oh, and video games. When I have time.
    [insert funny quote/saying/etc.]

MBTI
    ENTP

Predictably, I'm interested in pretty much everything and anything. I mean literally. I'm as happy trying to get to grips with a gear box on a car, reading Old French poetry, knitting a sock, cooking a frittata, hiking up a mountain, getting my ass whipped at archery by my ISTP friend, taking photos in a cathedral, playing guitar, doing voluntary work, playing with kids, creating chemistry experiments, going to parties, sitting around in pubs and chatting with people, meeting people (literally ANY kind of people)... really anything.
    Ils se d�merdent, les mecs: trop bon, trop con..................................MY BLOG!

"When it all comes down to dust
    I will kill you if I must
    I will help you if I can" - Leonard Cohen

MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram

Everything.

CURRENT (i.e. I do every other day or so):
    *road cycling
    *acoustic guitar
    *learning about politics (politicsforum.org is helpful)
    *learning how to build bikes (building my first--a fixed-gear Bianchi)
    *learning basic linguistic study
    *I'm trying to fill a sketchbook with charcoal sketches; not so much for the gain in artistic skill (I have none; it was either Band or Art in jr. high and I was a band geek) but instead to expand my brain. I'm switching from a chem major to get a BA and think it'll help

PAST:
    *rowing
    *piano (still current, I just don't play regularly now)
    *volleyball
    *fastpitch
    *You don't have a soul. You are a Soul. You have a body.
    *Faith is the art of holding on to things your reason once accepted, despite your changing moods.
    C.S. Lewis

MBTI
    INTJ

I've spent the entirety of my summer up till now trying to break apart a grain of sand with a needle.
    Still using a needle to break apart a grain of sand.

MBTI
    INxJ

Quote Originally Posted by FallsPioneer View Post
    I've spent the entirety of my summer up till now trying to break apart a grain of sand with a needle.
    This is, well I have no words.

MBTI
    INTJ

Not sure if I have any interests...

MBTI
    ENTP

I can get interested in almost anything that comes my way. I'm like an excited puppy when you show me new things, if I haven't already decided they're uselss in the first place, that is. (like fashion... ugh...) My interests, as a whole are -

Reading. I read anything and everything that passes by.
    Writing
    Martial arts. I don't know what I'd do without it.
    Debating
    Pretending to be someone else
    Politics
    Feminism
    Swimming
    Adventure sports - trekking, rafting, etc.
    I attempt to put my latent talents of singing and drawing into use from time to time.

MBTI
    ENTP
    Enneagram
    567?
    Socionics
    ILE

Hmm...
    Anthropology
    Linguistics and language learning (Studying Spanish, German and Polish currently)
    Painting
    Guitar
    "Fashion"
    Feminist theories
    X-Files!
    Foreign movies
    Genealogy
    Reading news from "alternative" sources
    Singin'
    Jewelry makin' (or basically making anything I can think of with the assload of beads I've got laying around)
    Personality theories...duh.
    Cycling (avid Tour de France watcher for last 4 yrs, doping scandals and all)
    Figure Skating (men's and ice dance, esp.)
    Art History
    Photography
    Running
    In the past, ballet, meteorology

Pretty much anything that strikes my fancy...
    ALL AROUND THE WORLD PEOPLE EATIN' GUMBO

Anything competitive. From basketball to poker to chess. Reading, researching, writing, discussing, debating, teaching, learning, ect... Building things and fixing things. Performing experiments, especially ones that involve human subjects. Playing guitar or other instruments, listening to music, jamming with people, performing, rapping. Being as goofy as I possibly can. Searching for anything profound or just extremely twisted. Thinking!
    "When a resolute young fellow steps up the great bully, the world, and takes him boldly by the beard, he is often surprised to find that it comes off in his hand, and that it was only tied on to scare away the timid adventurers." - Ralph Waldo Emerson

MBTI
    INTP

Completely depends on what phase I'm in. Interests come on strong and leave in an instant. I just decide it's not interesting anymore and move on.

Current/ recurring interests:
    neurobiology
    physiology
    psychology
    laughing (puns, sarcasm, cleverness)
    puzzles (jigsaw, word, visual, any type really)
    oh, music definitely (specific moods demand specific types)
    reading, though not so much lately
    drawing, sporadically
    cooking and baking (especially for my friends)
    talking about insightful concepts and ideas with certain ppl
    exploring what the mind can conjure (oh the false realities I've created... trouble those)

anytime my mind isn't REALLY occupied, I'm thinking... about everything and anything, and my thoughts wander and ppl I know receive alternate personalities and motives are questioned and I dig myself into holes (oi) and I dream big (even if I don't act on those ideas) and I imagine what COULD be and get depressed that it isn't and probably won't be just because of the way I am and the way things are. I hope that makes sense.

I love hanging out with E's too. They make me happy