User Tag List

First 123 Last

Thread: Alienation

MBTI
    INFP

It makes me feel stronger, in a nutshell.. but it is more.. It is a gift.. The gift of resistance.. The gift of struggle..

I appreciate it.

MBTI
    ENTP

Quote Originally Posted by Xander View Post
    George Bush... President....hello...How accomodating does someone have to be?
    Haha, I did think actually after I wrote that, that the phrase "Only in America" over this side of the Atlantic generally refers to crazy/fucked up/ridiculous stuff and the kooks that produce it over there... which is kinda weird isn't it? I mean it's like on the one hand you have the America in the media, which increasingly as people spend less time out in the real world and more time being told what the real world is like through the media, becomes the America people think is real and/or want to imitate and be part of - which is conservative, with a high regard for normality and respectability, conformity, looking and sounding right, that general 'everyone looks the fucking same' ness that you get when looking at the celebrities in Hello! magazine and the rigid classification of kids in schools (freaks, jocks, nerds, ne'er shall they mix)... resulting in a paradoxical increase in intolerance for and denial of the unbelievable amount of diversity that actually exists all around them in their own towns.

It's like, as the horizons of each individual become smaller and smaller until eventually they live in a world of house-car-office-mall-car-house, people become invested in denying or contesting anything that threatens to expose the shallowness of that existence. Like nobody wants to face the idea that there's more to life than being told what you want to be and what you need to buy to be it, earning the money to buy it and buying it.

But I don't know why I'm saying all of this is America, when it's all over the world - particularly in English speaking countries where there's no language barrier to stem the flow of third-rate product-placement-rich media...

/rant
    Ils se d�merdent, les mecs: trop bon, trop con..................................MY BLOG!

"When it all comes down to dust
    I will kill you if I must
    I will help you if I can" - Leonard Cohen

MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    9w8
    Socionics
    INTj

Quote Originally Posted by substitute View Post
    :steam:
    OH NO IT ISN'T

I'm worldly. I've been to birmingham and everything. I've travelled!!!

Isn't it time for a colourful metaphor?

MBTI
    INTJ

Quote Originally Posted by Xander View Post
    George Bush... President....hello...How accomodating does someone have to be?
    Yes, but Americans make fun of him a lot, and not just for his political choices.

Ilah

MBTI
    nnnn

Yes, but Americans make fun of him a lot, and not just for his political choices.
    He does kind of look like a monkey.

MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    9w8
    Socionics
    INTj

Quote Originally Posted by Ilah View Post

Ilah
    Sorry, you voted him in first. Either you guys are REALLY tolerant, or you've got a masochistic sense of humour.

MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    9w8
    Socionics
    INTj

Quote Originally Posted by Uytuun View Post
    He does kind of look like a monkey.
    You know monkey's will throw poo if you annoy them. Don't push your luck!

MBTI
    ENTJ

Innocent or not, we are all witness of the corporative world. "They say jump and you say how high".

MBTI
    ENTP

Quote Originally Posted by schism View Post
    Innocent or not, we are all witness of the corporative world. "They say jump and you say how high".
    Bollocks to that. I've raked in $40k a year from the government for the last 10 years for bringing up two kids and teaching them anti-establishment ideals and skills that will enable them to prosper outside of the corporate world, and I've obtained everything I possibly could direct from local sources and cottage industry, or made it myself from commandeered resources. What clothes I haven't woven and stitched myself have been second hand. I give as little as possible to the government or the corporate world. I give as much as possible to the people I see in need every day. That's the way I channel resources to where they should be, since I'm in a golden position to obtain large amounts of government money without any obligation to give anything back.

Fuck the man, maaan.
    Ils se d�merdent, les mecs: trop bon, trop con..................................MY BLOG!

"When it all comes down to dust
    I will kill you if I must
    I will help you if I can" - Leonard Cohen

MBTI
    INTp

Quote Originally Posted by schism View Post
    How you deal with other people that perceive you as weirder? Because you are open mind and express your ideas free.
    If I detect people thinking I'm weird, I often subtly segue into the following question:

"Imagine", I say, "if there was a class of people that was in some way superior to everybody else. I'm not saying there are such people, but just imagine there is. In your opinion, would those people be identical to everybody else, or different somehow?" Then I smile knowingly.

Unfortunately, 98% of the people I say this to miss the point.