• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

[Other] My Resignation, Effective Immediately.

BlackDog

MBTI Type
NiTe
Enneagram
9w8
Instinctual Variant
so/sx
I don't know that it is necessary for me to be an ex-member...

I think everybody has a secret desire to be cast out from among their peers, friends, and family, and left to wander alone and destitute. For most people, this desire is too weak to be acted on; other desires contradict it. However, I propose that in order for people to scratch this inner itch, they seek a virtual solution: to be expelled and cast out and forgotten by a virtual community, leaving their other communities intact. In this way, we can enjoy the best of both worlds: to complain of our martyrdom and rejection by the unjust world, and at the same time to have still someone who we can complain too.

BlackDog

MBTI Type
NiTe
Enneagram
9w8
Instinctual Variant
so/sx
So the idea isn't original to me?

BlackDog

MBTI Type
NiTe
Enneagram
9w8
Instinctual Variant
so/sx
Since other people have done this, you probably could give me some pointers on what works and what doesn't. I'm really taking a shot at getting banned tonight, before I log off, but I am starting to feel it won't happen without help.

Totenkindly

@.~*virinaĉo*~.@
MBTI Type
BELF
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
If you really want to get banned, it's not too hard.

you just don't have the commitment!

BlackDog

MBTI Type
NiTe
Enneagram
9w8
Instinctual Variant
so/sx
aww i'm sorry, no. it's relatively common here.

Then I'm incredibly disappointed. I have failed to portray myself as either a martyr sacrificing myself on the altar of free speech because of the 'censoring' mods, or as a transcendent genius; therefore I guess I might have to stay unless you could propose to me an alternative course that would truly be original. As a mod, hasn't it ever occurred to you "All these people who want to get banned and think they are being clever or original, if they only did this one thing they really would be original and clever"?

If you could tell me the thing which would fit into that slot, I would be very grateful. If you decline, I might consider staying, which at this point should truly be an unpleasant prospect for you. Just look at it from your point of view. How much trouble and annoyance might I potentially cause, when you could put a stop to it all by just clicking several buttons?

BlackDog

MBTI Type
NiTe
Enneagram
9w8
Instinctual Variant
so/sx
If you really want to get banned, it's not too hard.

you just don't have the commitment!

Getting banned plain and simple isn't too hard; you're right there. Getting banned for no good reason is, however, rather difficult. That is my goal. Remember, I have to be able to consider myself a martyr; it's fundamental to the psychology of the kind of person who complains about censorship.

greenfairy

philosopher wood nymph
MBTI Type
iNfj
Enneagram
6w5
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
[MENTION=19765]Lion 4.5[/MENTION]: If it's your wish to be expelled from a group, rejected, and ostracized, we can help with that. Say the word and we can gratuitously insult you many times, calling for your expulsion and ostracism. Would that fulfill your inner desire?

;) :)

HongDou

navigating
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
so/sx
Wait...so the reason you want to get banned is because you want to do something original?

:doh:

greenfairy

philosopher wood nymph
MBTI Type
iNfj
Enneagram
6w5
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Are you trying to be the Typology Central version of the Joker?

BlackDog

MBTI Type
NiTe
Enneagram
9w8
Instinctual Variant
so/sx
[MENTION=19765]Lion 4.5[/MENTION]: If it's your wish to be expelled from a group, rejected, and ostracized, we can help with that. Say the word and we can gratuitously insult you many times, calling for your expulsion and ostracism. Would that fulfill your inner desire?

;) :)

Depends. It must result in my being formally banned; you guys are all right, but I can't whine about censorship unless I am prevented from responding to your gibes. So I would wait before starting the insults; I need a personal guarantee from LadyX that she will uphold her end of the deal and expel me.

BlackDog

MBTI Type
NiTe
Enneagram
9w8
Instinctual Variant
so/sx
Wait...so the reason you want to get banned is because you want to do something original?

:doh:

Frankly, I'm unsure of my motivation. Partly, as I said in another thread, it's altrusim of a particularly pure and disinterested kind; I genuinely want to help the other members have a good evening, and I don't think my efforts are detracting from that endeavor of theirs.

Lady_X

MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Then I'm incredibly disappointed. I have failed to portray myself as either a martyr sacrificing myself on the altar of free speech because of the 'censoring' mods, or as a transcendent genius; therefore I guess I might have to stay unless you could propose to me an alternative course that would truly be original. As a mod, hasn't it ever occurred to you "All these people who want to get banned and think they are being clever or original, if they only did this one thing they really would be original and clever"?

If you could tell me the thing which would fit into that slot, I would be very grateful. If you decline, I might consider staying, which at this point should truly be an unpleasant prospect for you. Just look at it from your point of view. How much trouble and annoyance might I potentially cause, when you could put a stop to it all by just clicking several buttons?

oh it's usually entertaining enough but i'd rather people stay and contribute more long term. and you don't seem terribly annoying yet :cheese:

BlackDog

MBTI Type
NiTe
Enneagram
9w8
Instinctual Variant
so/sx
Since you are remorseless in your commitment to keeping me here, I confess that I have been worn down to such an extent that I don't think I can keep up my efforts any longer. I've lost nearly 60 pounds over the last six months; the diet here is very poor, and the cook skimps on the butter.

Coriolis

Si vis pacem, para bellum
Staff member
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
@OP: You wanted a mod to take action, so I did. Specifically, I combined your resignation threads.

Merry meet, merry part, and merry meet again!