User Tag List

123 Last

MBTI
    INTP

Default As an NT, do you care about logic?

It may seem strange, but does logic matter?

NTs are supposed to be the rational MBTI, but IMHO logic is a spent force, and seldom existent in humans. I think only dopes "act logically".

✿ڿڰۣஇღ♥ wut ♥ღஇڿڰۣ✿ digesthisickness's Avatar
    MBTI
    ENTP

Yes.
    ✻ღϠ₡ღ✻
    (¯`✻´¯)
    `*.¸.*'ღϠ₡ღஇڿڰۣ
    •.¸¸. Ƹ̵̡Ӝ̵̨̄Ʒჱܓ. இڿڰۣ.¸¸.இڿڰۣ´¯`·.─♥

Cerebral Artery
    http://www.facebook.com/CerebralArtery

In arguments, yes.

MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    5w6 sp/sx

Yes, but one must keep in mind that quite often:

a) the premises you begin with are processed through a lot of subjective filters

b) your limited knowledge won't let you know all the variables involved
    Likes Stanton Moore liked this post

MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    5w6 sp/sx

As a human I care about logic. Logic is a useful tool. What it produces will be only as sound as the starting materials (inputs), though, and the skill with which it is employed.
    I've been called a criminal, a terrorist, and a threat to the known universe. But everything you were told is a lie. The truth is, they've taken our freedom, our home, and our future. The time has come for all humanity to take a stand...

MBTI
    INTJ

Yes. I value logic. I value critical thinking even more.

Only emotions matter.

Banned
    MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    5w6 sx/so
    Socionics
    Will

I suck terribly at logic, but I believe very powerfully in using reasoning to come up with novel solutions to various contexts. "Schematics Philosophy of the Solution Master"

In my Schematics Philosophy of the Solution Master, I'm always asking the “what-if” questions. I wonder about how considered phenomena functions and why, seeking out all of the possibilities everywhere - even for problems which don't exist as of now, or for projects yet to be initiated. The answers I generate are then expressed and subjected to further refinements as needed. They all have varying levels of truth and completion; that's why we should each critically evaluate what we actually integrate into our own ideologies. Sometimes we may even find that fantasy can transcend truth and make things more meaningful. Always have faith in your life promise. True mastery comes from the power of “I Am”. Learn to command thyself, and then the whole world will revolve within your hands. Realize that this ultimate control is over your own destiny. The horizons ahead can be laid bare to your gaze and shaped into whatever you wish them to become - that is, if your force of will is sufficiently powerful for the specific feats it's directed towards. The desired results may take much time to manifest, and even then in ambiguous ways, but with the right amount of mental preparation, anything can happen. Challenges can be conquered mentally, by going from conceptual simulations (thought experiments) to superholographic cybernetics (projected effects). The mind can break our chains and free us from all restrictions. Will we make it through victory road? If so, then our last task towards freedom would be to checkmate the dark-sided King at the Game's highest stage for the win! Happiness isn't perfect until it's shared, so let love lay the foundation and point the way!

MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    5w4 sx/sp
    Socionics
    ILI Te

I do, but I don't think strict, pure logic can always answer anything. Assuming its fed proper, complete data, it will provide truth, however some things it cannot process, and people who claim to be logical often aren't.
    You lose.

_______

RCOEI
    Melancholic-Choleric
    Respectful Leader

Johari Window|Nohari Window

MBTI
    intp
    Socionics
    INTp Ni

They are connected. Thinking brings feelings which influence thoughts.