User Tag List

First 12345 Last

MBTI
    ENFJ
    Enneagram
    1w2 sp/so
    Socionics
    EIE Fe

Not NT, but honestly, who wouldn't care about logic?
    MBTI: ExxJ tetramer
    Functions: Fe > Te > Ni > Se > Si > Ti > Fi > Ne
    Enneagram: 1w2 - 3w4 - 6w5 (The Taskmaster) | sp/so
    Socionics: β-E dimer | -
    Big 5: slOaI
    Temperament: Choleric/Melancholic
    Alignment: Lawful Neutral
    External Perception: Nohari and Johari

Likes Passacaglia liked this post

MBTI
    INTP

In my very humble opinion, there are times logic does not and cannot apply. Comprehending and actually trying to visualize what space and time "are" leads most hyper-logical minds scratching their heads.

I don't believe in a good or bad "God" other than the captains of our own boats, however with the world in its current state could anyone be sane and logical simultaneously?

MBTI
    INTP

It's reaching a point where I almost feel as if terms like "logic" should be done away with just for being plain crappy. Reality, and thus its lack or total acquisition of rationality, is the ultimate subjective state. How do you judge your neighbor's logic when you aren't quite sure your own makes sense?

MBTI
    intp
    Enneagram
    5w4 sx

Quote Originally Posted by skgarcia View Post
    In my very humble opinion, there are times logic does not and cannot apply.
    Agreed(at least partially), but that doesent mean that one couldnt care a lot about logic or being mostly logic oriented person. Imo logic can be induced in anything, the problem is that with some cases there isnt enough info to figure out the logic and if you try to do that, you just end up hitting your head on the wall..
    "Where wisdom reigns, there is no conflict between thinking and feeling."
    — C.G. Jung

Read

MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    5w6 sp/sx

In my very humble opinion, there are times logic does not and cannot apply. Comprehending and actually trying to visualize what space and time "are" leads most hyper-logical minds scratching their heads?
    Logic is always applicable, but often insufficient.
    I've been called a criminal, a terrorist, and a threat to the known universe. But everything you were told is a lie. The truth is, they've taken our freedom, our home, and our future. The time has come for all humanity to take a stand...
    Likes grey_beard liked this post

MBTI
    INTP

Quote Originally Posted by INTP View Post
    Agreed(at least partially), but that doesent mean that one couldnt care a lot about logic or being mostly logic oriented person. Imo logic can be induced in anything, the problem is that with some cases there isnt enough info to figure out the logic and if you try to do that, you just end up hitting your head on the wall..
    That is when you realize what I posted above you--there are times when it cannot apply logically (hehe). If we waited for all our questions to be answered only by science and logic, we'd be waiting (and frankly already have been) forever.

An example would be pointillism artwork. In this type of art, the artist makes thousands of tiny, separate dots, that from far away make a legitimate picture. Physics is the same way. The closer you inspect the tiny details, less and less makes sense. The further away you look at things, the image becomes more orderly and able to be interpreted, edited, added onto, etc. Likewise, if you continued to inspect any single dot in a pointillism piece searching for the deeper meaning behind its existential make up, you'd hit a proverbial brick wall. It's just a bunch of circles, orchestrated into perfection by a creator looking at the image from a much further-away view. The creator lacks logic, creating and manipulating objects as he sees fit; the interpreter seeks how and why based on principles their own minds have constructed, logic.

MBTI
    ENTP

I value the use of logic in decision making, execution and persuasion, but often find it insufficient for understanding others' meanings and motivations.
    Likes Glint liked this post

MBTI
    INTP

^ What you had said.

MBTI
    intp
    Enneagram
    5w4 sx

That is when you realize what I posted above you--there are times when it cannot apply logically (hehe). If we waited for all our questions to be answered only by science and logic, we'd be waiting (and frankly already have been) forever.

An example would be pointillism artwork. In this type of art, the artist makes thousands of tiny, separate dots, that from far away make a legitimate picture. Physics is the same way. The closer you inspect the tiny details, less and less makes sense. The further away you look at things, the image becomes more orderly and able to be interpreted, edited, added onto, etc. Likewise, if you continued to inspect any single dot in a pointillism piece searching for the deeper meaning behind its existential make up, you'd hit a proverbial brick wall. It's just a bunch of circles, orchestrated into perfection by a creator looking at the image from a much further-away view. The creator lacks logic, creating and manipulating objects as he sees fit; the interpreter seeks how and why based on principles their own minds have constructed, logic.
    Yea, but its logical to not try to analyze things with logic past a certain point.

Just an example of how art what seems to be irrational by nature can be done rationally via logic. What comes to art in general, well there is a logic in circles orchestrated into perfection(i have done enough photography and graffiti to figure out what makes a good composition and the rules of composition also apply between the dots in pointillism). There is also logic when you are making some art work to send a message to receiver(which i cant be arsed to list). When art strikes people especially strongly it usually evokes some complex with most likely quite strong archetypal origins. When making art and putting your heart and soul into it, it is most likely that you are projecting complexes and/or archetypes onto it. Now when you are making the art piece and you recognize what you are doing and what you want viewers to see on the work, you can point to certain details and areas by using shadings and such and you can boost the overall theme of the work by using proper colors and shapes. Often great artists do this sort of things without putting any conscious effort in it just by looking at what fits according to some unconscious principles, but one can do the same thing(and maybe figure out how to put even more to the art) consciously.
    "Where wisdom reigns, there is no conflict between thinking and feeling."
    — C.G. Jung

Read

MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    5w6 so/sx
    Socionics
    LII Ti

Yes, it is a very valuable tool.
    Yeah, well, that's just, like, your opinion man.