User Tag List

MBTI
    ENTP
    Enneagram
    7w6

Default Home and harmony

I have this question that's bugging my mind. Some times, I engage in a debate with my father (an ESTJ) about politics, theories on philosophy, movies, art and human relationships, which always end in a conflict which I enjoy really as it gives me the opportunity to use logic, rational argument and empirical data to win the day. Other times, whenever their is a conflict between my parents,I will try to diffuse it and ensure that harmony is created. But when I am out, with friends, at college, a a coffee shop, anywhere really, when there is a conflict I always engage in it with verbal sparring. Winning the debate and been proved right is very important to me. So my question really is this: Is it common between ENTPs to love debate but at the same time, when there is a conflict or a fight between your very loved ones you try to ensure that harmony is created and the the problem gets sorted?
    The best thing about human beings is that they stack so neatly.

✿ڿڰۣஇღ♥ wut ♥ღஇڿڰۣ✿ digesthisickness's Avatar
    MBTI
    ENTP

Quote Originally Posted by ALL-HAIL-ME View Post
    I have this question that's bugging my mind. Some times, I engage in a debate with my father (an ESTJ) about politics, theories on philosophy, movies, art and human relationships, which always end in a conflict which I enjoy really as it gives me the opportunity to use logic, rational argument and empirical data to win the day. Other times, whenever their is a conflict between my parents,I will try to diffuse it and ensure that harmony is created. But when I am out, with friends, at college, a a coffee shop, anywhere really, when there is a conflict I always engage in it with verbal sparring. Winning the debate and been proved right is very important to me. So my question really is this: Is it common between ENTPs to love debate but at the same time, when there is a conflict or a fight between your very loved ones you try to ensure that harmony is created and the the problem gets sorted?
    As an ENTP, my answer is YES. I've noticed this with myself as well. It's when it gets personal that I suddenly give a shit how the people involved feel, and I want them to all be treated fairly and equally. The only other time this happens with me is when I see someone TRULY defenseless being attacked. Someone who genuinely can not defend themselves, like a very young child, and even then it only happens sometimes. Family life and relationships though, I seek harmony with those very seriously. And, even then, it has to be close family. I mean family (or a person) that I love, not just happen to have DNA in common with.
    ✻ღϠ₡ღ✻
    (¯`✻´¯)
    `*.¸.*'ღϠ₡ღஇڿڰۣ
    •.¸¸. Ƹ̵̡Ӝ̵̨̄Ʒჱܓ. இڿڰۣ.¸¸.இڿڰۣ´¯`·.─♥

Cerebral Artery
    http://www.facebook.com/CerebralArtery

Society

yes - and i find that a good solution is to explain to them both exactly where they are wrong in their arguments against the other and why they should pull their heads out of their asses. nothing helps a conflict like providing a common target.

failed poetry slam career chubber's Avatar
    MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    5w4 sp/sx
    Socionics
    ILI Te

Quote Originally Posted by digesthisickness View Post
    As an ENTP, my answer is YES. I've noticed this with myself as well. It's when it gets personal that I suddenly give a shit how the people involved feel, and I want them to all be treated fairly and equally. The only other time this happens with me is when I see someone TRULY defenseless being attacked. Someone who genuinely can not defend themselves, like a very young child, and even then it only happens sometimes. Family life and relationships though, I seek harmony with those very seriously. And, even then, it has to be close family. I mean family (or a person) that I love, not just happen to have DNA in common with.
    Do you identify with this woman?

Here is the full article: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/arti...mpathizer.html

✿ڿڰۣஇღ♥ wut ♥ღஇڿڰۣ✿ digesthisickness's Avatar
    MBTI
    ENTP

Quote Originally Posted by chubber View Post
    Do you identify with this woman?

Here is the full article: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/arti...mpathizer.html
    Yeah, actually, somewhat. He was asking for trouble, and no doubt hated her more for doing it, but it was cowardice and unfair for a crowd to attack one guy. If anything would have stopped me, it would be that he should have known better (thus not completely defenseless). I doubt I could sit back and watch it happen though without doing something. I've done such things before just not to that degree.
    ✻ღϠ₡ღ✻
    (¯`✻´¯)
    `*.¸.*'ღϠ₡ღஇڿڰۣ
    •.¸¸. Ƹ̵̡Ӝ̵̨̄Ʒჱܓ. இڿڰۣ.¸¸.இڿڰۣ´¯`·.─♥

Cerebral Artery
    http://www.facebook.com/CerebralArtery

I am not a fan of family arguments and discussion in general. Too many view points and too many close minded people. I prefer one on one or smaller groups where it is easier to bounce off ideas. I actually avoid my family when we're all together because I don't like arguing or any drama. But there are times where I actually enjoy the fighting and arguments because it is entertaining. I suppose it depends on the day.