User Tag List

First 7891011 Last

MBTI
    ENTP
    Enneagram
    Socionics
    ILE None

Quote Originally Posted by digesthisickness View Post
    so very true. people just don't understand.

and, frankly, i like it that way. let 'em wonder.
    Well, I find that I can explain my views and actions in details but people generaly don't understand the full meaning of my mentality.
    My anger is colder than ice, for all means and purposes, I wouldn't mind or care if my 'enemies' died, it's not emotional, it's cold and rational.
    My happiness isn't emotional either. It simply is, like a stream of water doesn't need to be cold or warm to exist.

I don't exploit people and situation, that would imply a moral judgement, a choice to be dishonnest. I geniunely seek and see what my interest are and don't see the point of using some meaningless external reference as a model, a reason to act. but in my interactions I probably often bring more than any person who think they are being generous when they really are just paying in whatever currency for people's love and attention.

My behavior is a constant test of others' capacity to adapt and surprise, I give and share with the gifted and tend to take more than I give from the weak, unable to adapt; from the unjust and the philosophically cowardly - hiding behind religions, concepts they don't grasp, other people. Getting control over their lives by letting themselves be controlled.

I'm never aggressive. Aggression is violence, violence is the way of the weak. Langage and mind is on the other hand the basis of the human social structure. Every social structure in the end give people positions, creates leaders and followers.
    What I get I win fairly, it's up to the loser to realise that if they expect to get love, attention and social status they must accept to face people for whom this is all a funny game. This isn't cruelty, it's just how the game is played. We all want the prize, therefore we all have to accept the rules. And what's done by the rules can in no way be considered as violence.

We're all the results of millions of years of biological evolution and thousands of years of social evolution. What survived is what works. What works is ultimately, what is right.
    Wether it's what we call types, differences between male and female behaviors, the will to power or social inequalities.
    Expression of the post modern paradox : "For the love of god, religions are so full of shit"

Theory is always superseded by Fact...
    ... In theory.

“I’d hate to die twice. It’s so boring.”
    Richard Feynman's last recorded words

"Great is the human who has not lost his childlike heart."
    Mencius (Meng-Tse), 4th century BCE

MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    548 sp/sx
    Socionics
    INTj

ENTP is a "San-Chlor". Both expressive and pragmatic, they seem to have a rambunctiousness about them, from what I have read in the descriptions, but they still have a "people-focused" Interaction Style, so are not as directive as "In Charge" types.
    APS Profile: Inclusion: e/w=1/6 (Supine) |Control: e/w=7/3 (Choleric) |Affection: e/w=1/9 (Supine)
    Ti 54.3 | Ne 47.3 | Si 37.8 | Fe 17.7 | Te 22.5 | Ni 13.4 | Se 18.9 | Fi 27.9

Temperament (APS) from scratch -- MBTI Type from scratch
    Type Ideas

no clinkz 'til brooklyn Nocapszy's Avatar
    MBTI
    ENTP

Quote Originally Posted by whatever View Post
    Not agressive- tricky!

Really, sneakiness and such get you a lot farther than pure aggression- and you still have people's goodwill towards you so that you can work with them in the future to get your way again!

Aggression just isn't the smart approach- if you're going to steal someone's money you'll get a lot more by conning them than mugging them :rolli:
    This is what I'm saying.

ENTP fights smarter.
    Not just more than ENTJ -- all types.

And I'm not just stroking myself.
    we fukin won boys

no clinkz 'til brooklyn Nocapszy's Avatar
    MBTI
    ENTP

Quote Originally Posted by Uberfuhrer View Post
    And I would class Jack Sparrow as an ESFP. He's probably the most earthy character Depp has ever played.
    Earthy maybe by today's standards.
    Sparrow is ENTP.

And by the way, he has moments of aggression.

It's a farce to say aggression is a non-ENTP trait.
    But it's not an identifier either...

Edit: wow this is an old fucking thread.
    we fukin won boys

MBTI
    ENTP
    Enneagram
    Socionics
    ILE None

Quote Originally Posted by Nocapszy View Post
    Earthy maybe by today's standards.
    Sparrow is ENTP.

And by the way, he has moments of aggression.
    If you define aggression as an attack against one's social status, yes, we are naturaly aggressive.
    If you define aggression as a form of violence, I'd have to say no. Violence is breaking social codes and communication to show dominance.
    Your everyday ENTP is exactly the opposite, we smoothly follow the rules when interacting with others. Let me rephrase, if entps did constantly lose arguments, would they be considered as aggressive. I can bet the answer is no.
    This is all slave morality (read nietzsche), it's about making the strong guilty so they accept to relinquish power or fear some sort of punishement and show more humility than they should.
    Expression of the post modern paradox : "For the love of god, religions are so full of shit"

... In theory.

MBTI
    ISFJ

Quote Originally Posted by EcK View Post

I don't exploit people and situation, that would imply a moral judgement, a choice to be dishonnest.
    You mean you don't make moral judgements of any kind?

I geniunely seek and see what my interest are and don't see the point of using some meaningless external reference as a model, a reason to act. but in my interactions I probably often bring more than any person who think they are being generous when they really are just paying in whatever currency for people's love and attention.
    You don't think other people are driven to action by their interests? What makes your need for action different from other people? Your interests still are based on stuff like reciprocity etc nay? Why else would you feel compelled to talk with people...for example?

Oh, and why do you choose to bring something to table if not to be generous and profit from that?

MBTI
    ENTP
    Enneagram
    Socionics
    ILE None

Quote Originally Posted by Sytpg View Post
    You mean you don't make moral judgements of any kind?
    Yes

You don't think other people are driven to action by their interests? What makes your need for action different from other people? Your interests still are based on stuff like reciprocity etc nay? Why else would you feel compelled to talk with people...for example?

Oh, and why do you choose to bring some to table if not to be generous and profit from that?
    What I mean by 'geniunely' is that it's a direct effect-consequence relation. Most people I know either outsource this (the use of external values rather than their own) or\and get through so many different unconscious influences that they don't fully realise what their own intention are.
    If humanity is so proud of its conscience why would a higher role of conscious control over one's action be 'bad'\immoral(not to confuse with amoral)\whatever

... In theory.

MBTI
    ISFJ

Yes
    Why do you call someone an asshole then? I've seen you do it :P

What I mean by 'geniunely' is that it's a direct effect-consequence relation. Most people I know either outsource this (the use of external values rather than their own) or\and get through so many different unconscious influences that they don't fully realise what their own intention are.
    If humanity is so proud of its conscience why would a higher role of conscious control over one's action be 'bad'\immoral(not to confuse with amoral)\whatever
    Now I don't want to sound all mystical here (because quite frankly I'm skeptical ) but the subconscious does plays a huge role in human interaction. I'm generally an empathic character and I can't quite explain why.

In the end every single reason, for every single action, is selfish. When a person does an apparently selfless deed, it's to find some peace of mind - ultimately it's still for personal gain. That doesn't make that person a hypocrite or a follower of social codes or outside models. It's how that person is wired, what makes him/her tick. The way to that person's goal might be more or less conscious but it almost always retains a degree of reflex-ness.

Consciousness isn't immoral. But instinct and subconsciousness isn't either. Every human being is bound to both sides. You can have a little bit more than one or the other but that won't make you necessarily better in the end.

MBTI
    ENTP
    Enneagram
    Socionics
    ILE None

In the end every single reason, for every single action, is selfish. When a person does an apparently selfless deed, it's to find some peace of mind - ultimately it's still for personal gain. That doesn't make that person a hypocrite or a follower of social codes or outside models. It's how that person is wired, what makes him/her tick. The way to that person's goal might be more or less conscious but it almost always retains a degree of reflex-ness.

Consciousness isn't immoral. But instinct and subconsciousness isn't either. Every human being is bound to both sides. You can have a little bit more than one or the other but that won't make you necessarily better in the end.
    Ur repeating what i said. The details such as the fact that we're evolutionary wired to seek our own interest and that most of the brain's output is unsconscious were implied.

... In theory.

MBTI
    ISFJ

Ur repeating what i said. The details such as the fact that we're evolutionary wired to seek our own interest and that most of the brain's output is unsconscious were implied.

Well, you asked "If humanity is so proud of its conscience why would a higher role of conscious control over one's action be 'bad'\immoral?" which might have been a rhetorical question but my answer would be "It wouldn't be". I wasn't trying to imply it would, so I tried to clarify.

EDIT:Oh and edited my previous post. Dunno if you saw it or not.