User Tag List

First 34567 Last

MBTI
    ENTP

Quote Originally Posted by cafe View Post
    substitute, do you adjust your communication style according to the person you are communicating with?
    Yes, I try to as much as possible, but a lot of the time I'm communicating with many people at once, of different types but predominantly NT's and ST's.

When one-on-one I do my best to come over to the other person's level (though I find it tiring and don't tend to see many people making any effort to meet me half way), and in groups I tend to adjust to whatever's the predominant mentality.

When communicating with NF's one on one, I tend to just feel scared the whole time, which is funny, cos they say they're intimidated by me when in fact if they only knew that I'm mentally virtually in the fetal position, so terrified of upsetting them and anxious because I just totally don't understand how I do, and because I also know that if I do, odds are they won't tell me until it's too late to make amends...

This thread is actually helping me quite a bit to see the various different takes on ENTPs... Fellow NT's seem to see us as playful, loopy and harmless; NF's seem to see us as egotistical and insensitive; J's see us as unreliable and fickle... be interesting to get some Sensors' POV's.

MBTI
    FREE
    Enneagram
    594 sx/sp
    Socionics
    LII Ne

Quote Originally Posted by substitute View Post
    This thread is actually helping me quite a bit to see the various different takes on ENTPs... Fellow NT's seem to see us as playful, loopy and harmless; NF's seem to see us as egotistical and insensitive; J's see us as unreliable and fickle... be interesting to get some Sensors' POV's.
    Oh, are you really sure you want to go there?

Actually, depending on the Sensor, you might fit in very well. The ENTP I'm friends with not only has esoteric knowledge, but he loves to tinker with things. He grows peppers, fixes landmowers, spent a summer digging post holes for telephone poles, can fix car engines, and just knows a great deal much areas of knowledge that a typical ST might find very interesting. (He also loves guns and hunting. That's a favorite S subject around here.)

So I'd say, if you get into practical, tangible fields of knowledge and how-to stuff when you go a little "nutty," an ST could probably deal very well with you.

And if you've developed your Fe in tangible ways, that really helps with the SF types. (But SFJs often see an ENTP show of affection as so over the top as to be suspicious of it, so you need to be a little wary. )
    "Hey Capa -- We're only stardust." ~ "Sunshine"

“Pleasure to me is wonder—the unexplored, the unexpected, the thing that is hidden and the changeless thing that lurks behind superficial mutability. To trace the remote in the immediate; the eternal in the ephemeral; the past in the present; the infinite in the finite; these are to me the springs of delight and beauty.” ~ H.P. Lovecraft

RDF

[...] When communicating with NF's one on one, I tend to just feel scared the whole time [...]
    BOO!

By the way, that's a scary "boo!", not a disapproving "boo!"
    Patent pending. Do NOT steal this idea.

FL

MBTI
    isfp
    Enneagram
    4w5 sp/sx

...When communicating with NF's one on one, I tend to just feel scared the whole time, which is funny, cos they say they're intimidated by me when in fact if they only knew that I'm mentally virtually in the fetal position, so terrified of upsetting them and anxious because I just totally don't understand how I do, and because I also know that if I do, odds are they won't tell me until it's too late to make amends...
    Walking on eggshells is icky. Really though not all NFs will do that I suspect. It sounds like some of your NFs just need counseling. It is considered 'healthy' communication to say what you mean, to speak up when you have a need, etc. What you are describing is an unhealthy communication style. Hang out with some NFs around here and other places and you'll see some more variety. I promise you would have a very, very, very hard time offending me. You welcomed to try.
    Step into my metaphysical room of mirrors.
    Fear of reality creates myopic morality
    So I guess it means there is trouble until the robins come
    (from Blue Velvet)

I want to be just like my mother, even if she is bat-shit crazy.

Permabanned
    MBTI
    (y)
    Enneagram
    7w8
    Socionics
    ENTP

ENTP are friendly and I do not find them intimidating.

However I might second guess myself when approaching them or being friendly with them. Never know what kind of response you will get from an ENTP.

Generally we get along fine. I like ENTPs.

Permabanned
    MBTI
    (y)
    Enneagram
    7w8
    Socionics
    ENTP

ENTP are aggressive in going after what they want.

Example: Marc Cuban.

Very very aggressive in trying to get what he wants. But highly sociable and friendly. Wouldnt hurt a fly.

MBTI
    infp

Maybe not agressive, but definitely assertive. Is it bad? Not really, no, you just need to hold up your end of the conversation. It seems like they make a strong comment, and they are just standing there, on the edge of their seat so to speak, waiting for you to deliver a response for them to jump at and responde to again, like a game, like a duel of sorts

MBTI
    ENTP

Quote Originally Posted by GZA View Post
    Maybe not agressive, but definitely assertive. Is it bad? Not really, no, you just need to hold up your end of the conversation. It seems like they make a strong comment, and they are just standing there, on the edge of their seat so to speak, waiting for you to deliver a response for them to jump at and responde to again, like a game, like a duel of sorts
    Most of the time it's not actually a strong comment from my POV. Or at least, I'm not aware if it is. It's just something that's just come to me, and I've got to put it out to the panel and see if together we can whittle out what truth there might be in it. If I seem to say it 'strongly', then it's not out of desire to be provocative - it's more out of being too impatient to get it out there, to be bothered to sit and think about how to put it in a way that can't offend anyone.
    Ils se d�merdent, les mecs: trop bon, trop con..................................MY BLOG!

"When it all comes down to dust
    I will kill you if I must
    I will help you if I can" - Leonard Cohen

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    6w7 sx/so
    Socionics
    IEI

Sub, I have been strangely finding that I do something similar and it only happens with types that are either Fe dominant or auxiliary. It's kind of funny, with this one group I'm in they sent the ENFP who I thought knew me the least (apparently the ESFJ thought he knew me the best) to pry me out of my shell. Talking to him and the things that have been said to him and the questions he asked really made me shake my head. Anyway, he seems to at least understand I'm not going to shut people down if they want to talk to me, now I just need to convince the others. This I'm thinking of actually making an informal presentation on it and field questions. Hopefully I can tell them that I don't feel the need to fill dead air, but there is hardly a question to me that is off limits.
    Dreams are best served manifest and tangible.

INFP, 6w7, IEI

I accept no responsibility, what so ever, for the fact that I exist; I do, however, accept full responsibility for what I do while I exist.

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

I can be slightly aggressive when I'm trying to fix a problem and the only thing standing between me and the solution is an uncooperative person. I'm not very patient and I like to move as quick as my mind works. Other than that, I've been accused of being aggressive in debates and stuff like that. What I consider to be a fun consversation other people consider to be a personal attack or a fight.