First 412131415 Last

MBTI
    ENTP
    Enneagram
    7w6 sx/so
    Socionics
    ILE

Quote Originally Posted by Dark Razor View Post
    ENTPs might think they are agressive and forceful, but in reality they are just being fluffy-cute .
    Tell that to the 9843543 non-NTs I know who are convinced I'm the biggest asshole this side of Richard Dawkins.
    If you could be anything you want, I bet you'd be disappointed--am I right?

MBTI
    ENTP
    Enneagram
    7w6 sx/so
    Socionics
    ILE

Quote Originally Posted by Synarch View Post
    I like to dart in and cut someone then dance off again and watch their mouths drop open when they realize that not all smiling people are nice and that their blood looks funny when it pools at their feet.
    Now that we've dismissed ENFP, this one pretty much dismisses ESTP, too. Show me an ESTP who speaks in that kind of figurative metaphor routinely, and I'll show you an ENTP who respects tradition unquestioningly. Not happening
    If you could be anything you want, I bet you'd be disappointed--am I right?

MBTI
    ENTP
    Socionics
    ILE

Quote Originally Posted by EcK View Post
    So?
    Entps have tiertary Fe (combined with primary Ne) ya know ?

just saying
    I know that but why are you pointing that out?
    "I'd never die for my beliefs, I might be wrong"

"Is it not enough to see that a garden is beautiful without having to believe there are fairys at the bottom of it too"

"Intelligence is being able to hold too opposing views in the mind at the one time without going crazy" - Now all I need to figure out is if I'm intelligent or crazy!

MBTI
    ENTP
    Enneagram
    Socionics
    ILE None

Quote Originally Posted by CJ99 View Post
    I know that but why are you pointing that out?
    That an extroverted intp isn't and doesn't act think like an entp. That an introverted entp isn't an intp. They're just limit states on a single function bell curve or something.
    The fact u act 'E' doesn't suddently change ur functions. That's like saying that if I develop my J I'll become Te Ni Se Fi.

And yes I'm over simplifying but I'm a bit exhausted at the moment.
    Expression of the post modern paradox : "For the love of god, religions are so full of shit"

Theory is always superseded by Fact...
    ... In theory.

“I’d hate to die twice. It’s so boring.”
    Richard Feynman's last recorded words

"Great is the human who has not lost his childlike heart."
    Mencius (Meng-Tse), 4th century BCE

MBTI
    ISFJ

Quote Originally Posted by jenocyde View Post
    So honesty=evil?
    sorry, not logical to me.
    No, I'm saying that if you have a black heart, being honest or dishonest isn't going to change that. And I'm also saying dishonesty (sugercoating) is evil.

MBTI
    EN?P
    Enneagram

ENTPs just got that Fe in there! They're not being aggressive. They're going for passionate.

You rock, ENTPs. Keep being awesome.

MBTI
    ENTP
    Socionics
    ILE

Quote Originally Posted by EcK View Post
    That an extroverted intp isn't and doesn't act think like an entp. That an introverted entp isn't an intp. They're just limit states on a single function bell curve or something.
    The fact u act 'E' doesn't suddently change ur functions. That's like saying that if I develop my J I'll become Te Ni Se Fi.

And yes I'm over simplifying but I'm a bit exhausted at the moment.
    Yeah but I/E is only swapping function order so an extravated INTP is just using Ne alot more and Ti a bit less which is the same as an ENTP or atleast a more introverted one.
    "I'd never die for my beliefs, I might be wrong"

"Is it not enough to see that a garden is beautiful without having to believe there are fairys at the bottom of it too"

"Intelligence is being able to hold too opposing views in the mind at the one time without going crazy" - Now all I need to figure out is if I'm intelligent or crazy!

MBTI
    ENTP
    Enneagram
    Socionics
    ILE None

Quote Originally Posted by CJ99 View Post
    Yeah but I/E is only swapping function order so an extravated INTP is just using Ne alot more and Ti a bit less which is the same as an ENTP or atleast a more introverted one.
    Na, The 2nd function is something you can see as defining you, the first is so mingled in everything you do you probably would never call it a function. It's just a flavor mingled in everything you do.
    So Ne+Ti . Ne+Fe...
    Intps don't have the entps third function. and relate to facts more than social dynamics (Se\Fe)

Also I'm not sure you can confuse filtering\analysing things with Ti less with magically gaining extra Ne. And unleashing your Ne isn't the same thing as Having Ne as your first function.

I'm not saying that to be mean you know
    I mean, your everyday intps S and ability to focus on details, follow step by step reasoning is very probably better than an entp's. I
    basically have to tame my mind not to go in 5 direction at the same time whenever I start having a 'thinking' overflow because i Can't have a Ti overload without having an Ne overload. I don't think it works the same way with intps.

I'm interested in hearing ur own analysis anyway, or any other intp well versed in functions
    Expression of the post modern paradox : "For the love of god, religions are so full of shit"

Theory is always superseded by Fact...
    ... In theory.

“I’d hate to die twice. It’s so boring.”
    Richard Feynman's last recorded words

"Great is the human who has not lost his childlike heart."
    Mencius (Meng-Tse), 4th century BCE

MBTI
    entp
    Enneagram

well at least in the "adolf hitler thread", noone typed him as entp. See for yourself what you will get out of that
    [URL]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tEBvftJUwDw&t=0s[/URL]

Quote Originally Posted by substitute View Post
    I've been reading here and there where other types (particularly F's and S's) talk about ENTP's and saying that we're generally forceful, aggressive and assertive, implying it in a bad way.

This strikes me as odd, because I've never thought of myself as an aggressive person. Assertive, certainly - I will be outspoken about things that piss me off, and I can be persuasive and I admit, manipulative too at times.

However, the last thing that's ever on my mind is actually forcing people to do or think anything. Sometimes I do express myself perhaps more openly and assertively than some other people do, but it's not because I'm trying to force or persuade - I'm trying to be as clear as possible and I want people to push back and tell me things 'in no uncertain terms'. If they have a problem I want them to voice it, and if they voice it, I want to listen and understand and make any necessary changes to help them. When I ask 'What is your problem?' it's out of curiosity, not aggression or defensiveness.

One of the things that frustrates me most about a friendship I have with an INFJ woman, is when things go all awry because apparently, something I've been doing has been upsetting her, but I've not known because she hasn't told me, so I've kept on doing it. I ask her in exasperation why on earth she didn't just say if she had a problem, and she says she was worried that I'd get mad or annoyed at her, and yet when she finally does say what the problem was, I always concede that she has a point, and apologise, and do what I can do improve things in the future, so I really don't know where she gets this idea from that I'm so aggressive and unapproachable...

But, come to think of it, it seems the only people I can really rely on in my life to give me honest feedback in clear and unambiguous terms, without pulling punches (the way I like it) are two ENTJ's and an INTJ... and they don't exactly have great reputations for tact either...

I'd be really interested to hear about other people's experiences with ENTP's and how we come across, as I fear some of it may be lost in translation and I'd like to be able to communicate with the people I know in a way that doesn't make them afraid of me! And I'd also like to know what ways I could use to more effectively get clear and honest feedback from the gentler types... after all, if the only frank advice I'm getting is from similarly assertive types, then it won't help me in dealing with the others and just might exacerbate the problem (if there even is one).
    I reserve the right to mistype people as ENTP's when theyre really not, but... here it goes

ENTP's I know are generally nice people who are assertive but not aggressive; they dose it just right.

Be happy you're not bossy. You aren't, are you?
    bruised and battered ENTJ sx/sp/so 8w9
    Tri-fix: 8w9 sx/sp - 3w4 sp/sx - 5w6 soc/sx
    http://leonardolestat.mypersonality.info

(I'm secretly ENxP, but don't tell anyone)

"Mother, I love you, I never meant to hit you over the head with that shovel."