User Tag List

MBTI
    ENTP
    Enneagram
    7w8 sp/sx
    Socionics
    ILE

Default Could a relationship between an ENTP girl and ENFJ guy work out?

Hi, this is my first post on any forum so sorry if I'm posting on the wrong one.
    The situation is pretty self explanatory.
    I'm just feeling a bit confused about this guy because sometimes I find him really annoying and pathetic but I can't help thinking his personality is endearing in some way. Sometimes I really hate him and I'm not sure if I like that he likes me or if I'm just trying to figure him out, but other times I find myself truly thinking of how cute and sweet he is. I feel like I once I think I've figured him out I'll really get bored and crush him and I'm not sure if I want that to happen. I also feel like I'm completely in control of the relationship and its sometimes more like a queen-servant type of thing instead of mutual affection etc.
    Thank you for taking the time to read this.

WhoCares

Well theoretically any relationship can work out. Its a bit worrying there is not a lot of respect coming to the table though. As nice as it may seem to hold the balance of power in a relationship that doesn't satisfy for long. There comes a point at which you want your partner to be a partner, your equal. I guess thats what you have to figure out.

MBTI
    ENTJ
    Enneagram
    853 sx/sp

Quote Originally Posted by pop View Post
    Hi, this is my first post on any forum so sorry if I'm posting on the wrong one.
    The situation is pretty self explanatory.
    I'm just feeling a bit confused about this guy because sometimes I find him really annoying and pathetic but I can't help thinking his personality is endearing in some way. Sometimes I really hate him and I'm not sure if I like that he likes me or if I'm just trying to figure him out, but other times I find myself truly thinking of how cute and sweet he is. I feel like I once I think I've figured him out I'll really get bored and crush him and I'm not sure if I want that to happen. I also feel like I'm completely in control of the relationship and its sometimes more like a queen-servant type of thing instead of mutual affection etc.
    Thank you for taking the time to read this.
    Nope. You're doomed. Sorry.
    And so long as you haven’t experienced this: to die and so to grow,
    you are only a troubled guest on the dark earth

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    6w7 so/sx
    Socionics
    EII Ne

Regarding theory, any pair can work out, and NTP-NFJ is actually a fairly common relationship combination. It tends to have enough difference and enough overlap to be interesting but remain doable. The overlap in ENFJ-ENTP would be shared extraversion, desire to improve, interest in new theoretical information, and good feel on interrelations. The conflict would be, as I think you have already gotten a taste of, ENFJ's heavy focus on empathy and people versus ENTP's heavy focus on impersonal logic and ideas.

Regarding reality... maybe you can add what would be best for him in the long run into the mixing pot of your decision-making. I think it's positive you're pausing and being careful, knowing yourself to get bored easily and move on quickly. Can you see him keeping you interested enough to stick with him? Can you see yourself being willing to rein your exploratory drive in for the sake of not hurting him? If you choose to move on with him, you'll have to come to terms with him as an equal, like WhoCares pointed out. The relationship can't last with the power dynamics as they are.

What she said.
    To avoid criticism, do nothing, say nothing, be nothing.
    ~ Elbert Hubbard

Music provides one of the clearest examples of a much deeper relation between mathematics and human experience.

ndovjtjcaqidthi

Quote Originally Posted by Wind Up Rex View Post

Relationships between men and women usually do not work. You clearly chose the wrong lifestyle.