• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

[MBTI General] Could a relationship between an ENTP girl and ENFJ guy work out?

pop

MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram
7w8
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
Hi, this is my first post on any forum so sorry if I'm posting on the wrong one.
The situation is pretty self explanatory.
I'm just feeling a bit confused about this guy because sometimes I find him really annoying and pathetic but I can't help thinking his personality is endearing in some way. Sometimes I really hate him and I'm not sure if I like that he likes me or if I'm just trying to figure him out, but other times I find myself truly thinking of how cute and sweet he is. I feel like I once I think I've figured him out I'll really get bored and crush him and I'm not sure if I want that to happen. I also feel like I'm completely in control of the relationship and its sometimes more like a queen-servant type of thing instead of mutual affection etc.
Thank you for taking the time to read this.

W

WhoCares

Well theoretically any relationship can work out. Its a bit worrying there is not a lot of respect coming to the table though. As nice as it may seem to hold the balance of power in a relationship that doesn't satisfy for long. There comes a point at which you want your partner to be a partner, your equal. I guess thats what you have to figure out.

violet_crown

MBTI Type
ENTJ
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Hi, this is my first post on any forum so sorry if I'm posting on the wrong one.
The situation is pretty self explanatory.
I'm just feeling a bit confused about this guy because sometimes I find him really annoying and pathetic but I can't help thinking his personality is endearing in some way. Sometimes I really hate him and I'm not sure if I like that he likes me or if I'm just trying to figure him out, but other times I find myself truly thinking of how cute and sweet he is. I feel like I once I think I've figured him out I'll really get bored and crush him and I'm not sure if I want that to happen. I also feel like I'm completely in control of the relationship and its sometimes more like a queen-servant type of thing instead of mutual affection etc.
Thank you for taking the time to read this.

Nope. You're doomed. Sorry.

skylights

i love
MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
so/sx
Regarding theory, any pair can work out, and NTP-NFJ is actually a fairly common relationship combination. It tends to have enough difference and enough overlap to be interesting but remain doable. The overlap in ENFJ-ENTP would be shared extraversion, desire to improve, interest in new theoretical information, and good feel on interrelations. The conflict would be, as I think you have already gotten a taste of, ENFJ's heavy focus on empathy and people versus ENTP's heavy focus on impersonal logic and ideas.

Regarding reality... maybe you can add what would be best for him in the long run into the mixing pot of your decision-making. I think it's positive you're pausing and being careful, knowing yourself to get bored easily and move on quickly. Can you see him keeping you interested enough to stick with him? Can you see yourself being willing to rein your exploratory drive in for the sake of not hurting him? If you choose to move on with him, you'll have to come to terms with him as an equal, like WhoCares pointed out. The relationship can't last with the power dynamics as they are.

Nicodemus

Relationships between men and women usually do not work. You clearly chose the wrong lifestyle.