User Tag List

First 567

Results 61 to 70 of 70

  1. #61
    Member INTPatricia's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    MBTI
    intj
    Posts
    65

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Angry Ayrab View Post
    Well the INFJ's can answer this too, but how often do you get hit on? I am not talking about the drunk frat boy saying you look cute, but some seriously cool guys that can look into you and tell how cool you really are inside.

    I personally ditch the crazy ESFP, because I can tell they have been around the block more than once and go after the more low key intuitive girls. No offense ESFPs... you guys are smoking hot but I hate Extroverts and I can't talk with sensors for more than an hour before my brain starts to hurt.

    I don't go out in public often because of this. I sneak out to a bookstore and hang in the physics section. Other than work, the gas pump, and the grocery check-out line...that's it for me. When I do get hit on I blush deeply and look for an escape.

  2. #62
    Senior Member Shimmy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    MBTI
    SEXY
    Posts
    1,868

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by INTPatricia View Post
    I don't go out in public often because of this. I sneak out to a bookstore and hang in the physics section. Other than work, the gas pump, and the grocery check-out line...that's it for me. When I do get hit on I blush deeply and look for an escape.
    I love to see girls blush when I'm talking to them. It means I'm doing something right. The biggest problem with INTP's is definitely the avoidance.

  3. #63
    Senior Member groovejet02's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    5
    Posts
    199

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Shimmy View Post
    I love to see girls blush when I'm talking to them. It means I'm doing something right. The biggest problem with INTP's is definitely the avoidance.
    Hate to break it to you honey, but you're doing it all wrong.

  4. #64
    Senior Member ceecee's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    8w9
    Posts
    9,741

    Default

    Almost never.
    I like to rock n' roll all night and *part* of every day. I usually have errands... I can only rock from like 1-3.

  5. #65
    meh Salomé's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    5w4 sx/sp
    Posts
    10,540

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Trinity View Post
    I tend to give off the "I'm-not-a-blond-bimbo-who's-gonna-fall-for-a-cheap-line-vibe" which can be intimidating, ironically the womenz hit on me for the same reason
    Aha! That's why it happens. Women seem to be much more resistant to the Medusa stare of death than most men (apart from the really stupid ones).
    Quote Originally Posted by Uytuun View Post
    We're also still rational beings, though, so I would be very surprised if we really kept holding on to it in destructive ways when the other person's words and actions indicated otherwise.
    Heh. Ask seeker.
    Speaking of NFs, their love style appeals to me in a way because it seems to be more accepting.
    Also, more unselfish?
    Quote Originally Posted by Ivy View Post
    Gosh, the world looks so small from up here on my high horse of menstruation.

  6. #66
    Senior Member Shimmy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    MBTI
    SEXY
    Posts
    1,868

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by groovejet02 View Post
    Hate to break it to you honey, but you're doing it all wrong.
    Why? When I'm talking with a girl I just met I always love to throw in a little spike by saying something like, "I love how you *insert unusual observation about girl here*." For instance if I notice a girl is always looking up a bit when she's thinking of an answer I'd tell her that I like it that she does that, and that it shows she really thinks about the answer before she talks. Or when a girl yawns, I jokingly say. If I'm boring you it's okay, you're boring the hell out of me as well. As long as I say it with a big smile on my face nobody ever gets offended at that. If that's wrong, what should I do?

  7. #67
    にゃん runvardh's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    6w7 sx/so
    Socionics
    IEI
    Posts
    8,559

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by bluemonday View Post
    Also, more unselfish?
    I suppose that depends on how you look at it...
    Dreams are best served manifest and tangible.

    INFP, 6w7, IEI

    I accept no responsibility, what so ever, for the fact that I exist; I do, however, accept full responsibility for what I do while I exist.

    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

  8. #68
    Senior Member INTPness's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    5w4
    Posts
    2,158

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by INTPatricia View Post
    I don't go out in public often because of this. I sneak out to a bookstore and hang in the physics section. Other than work, the gas pump, and the grocery check-out line...that's it for me. When I do get hit on I blush deeply and look for an escape.
    I didn't read the whole thread, so maybe you already answered this, but...

    is there a part of you that wants a boyfriend? I'm just wondering how INTP women may differ from INTP men. I also get in modes where I only go out of my apartment to do necessary things or to the bookstore. And when I'm single, I usually desire a girlfriend, but still shy away from opportunities because (a) I don't want to have to put in the work required to get to know some random person from scratch, and (b) I might feel socially awkward hitting on her or making it known I'm interested, so I just go back home to spend more time alone.

    The only INTP woman I've known was my aunt and she was married, but her and my uncle lived in separate residences for the better part of 20 years. For the most part, she found him insufferable for long periods of time, so they would kind of "hang out" once or twice during the week (meaning he would come over and stay the night at her place). Looking back, it really seemed to me that she didn't really need him.

    So, I'm just wondering...you say you blush and look for an escape. But, once you've escaped and are on your way to your car or driving back home, does part of you ever wish you hadn't escaped? What's the thought process?

  9. #69
    meh Salomé's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    5w4 sx/sp
    Posts
    10,540

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by INTPness View Post
    The only INTP woman I've known was my aunt and she was married, but her and my uncle lived in separate residences for the better part of 20 years. For the most part, she found him insufferable for long periods of time, so they would kind of "hang out" once or twice during the week (meaning he would come over and stay the night at her place). Looking back, it really seemed to me that she didn't really need him.

    So, I'm just wondering...you say you blush and look for an escape. But, once you've escaped and are on your way to your car or driving back home, does part of you ever wish you hadn't escaped? What's the thought process?
    I think INTP women are the least needy/ most self-sufficient of all the types. More so than the men, from what I've seen. The separate houses thing? Sounds ideal to me.

    However, not wanting to be hit on by strange men at a gas station, and not wanting to be in a relationship are not the same thing.

    I think as someone else has said, we're more inclined to do the choosing/make the approach ourselves as most interest others have in us is unlikely to be reciprocated.

    And guys who think that making a woman blush means they have a chance are seriously deluded.
    Quote Originally Posted by Ivy View Post
    Gosh, the world looks so small from up here on my high horse of menstruation.

  10. #70
    Iron Maiden fidelia's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2009
    MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram
    1w2 so/sx
    Posts
    11,131

    Default

    Shimmy, I guess it depends on the girl. However, I would interpret some of that as coming off as "canned". I don't respond well to pushiness which "I love the way you..." upon recent meeting would be construed. Kind of like a car salesman trying to close the deal while I am still checking on whether it is a standard or an automatic and what kind of mileage it gets. Too much play by play commentary of what I'm doing also makes me feel self-conscious (in a bad way). I feel observed in an uncomfortable way and will soon excuse myself. That might just be me, but that is my initial reaction.

Similar Threads

  1. Question for all the introverts
    By RedAmazoneFriendZone in forum The Fluff Zone
    Replies: 18
    Last Post: 04-29-2016, 08:58 PM
  2. [MBTItm] hello guys ! :) I have a question for all of u ISTPs and people who know ISTPs :)
    By nataliecarmen in forum The NF Idyllic (ENFP, INFP, ENFJ, INFJ)
    Replies: 6
    Last Post: 01-29-2011, 01:06 AM
  3. For all the ISTJ's you know in your life...
    By swordpath in forum The Bonfire
    Replies: 30
    Last Post: 12-10-2008, 09:55 AM
  4. [NT] A Question for All the INTx gentlemen
    By Uytuun in forum The NT Rationale (ENTP, INTP, ENTJ, INTJ)
    Replies: 12
    Last Post: 07-17-2008, 09:42 PM
  5. A question for all
    By disregard in forum The Bonfire
    Replies: 22
    Last Post: 06-03-2007, 08:21 AM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
Single Sign On provided by vBSSO