• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

[ENTP] Psych - ENTPs, can you relate to Shawn Spencer?

HiddenAutumn

MBTI Type
INFJ
I've read many threads about how "intoxicating" ENTPs and INFJs find each other. I don't think I've ever been close to an ENTP, so it's definitely made me curious.

Anyway, recently I started watching the show Psych, and I became rather intrigued by the main character (Shawn Spencer) because he's so random, off the wall, fun, can talk his way in and out of anything and is completely unaffected (or undetered) by other people's reaction to him. Even if someone if mad at him, it doesn't even phase him(I 'm envious of that ability, 'cause as an INFJ I can feel other people's emotion as if they were my own and sometimes it gives me anxiety). He just always finds a way to turn it into a joke, rather than getting mad in return.

I realize he's just a fictional character, but if I didn't know any better I would say he's an ENTP -or at least he fits the descriptions I've read of ENTPs. I was just curious if my assessment is accurate and (for those of you ENTPs who have seen the show) if you can relate to Shawn Spencer's personality traits - minus the whole fake psychic thing.

SiriuslyLakin

MBTI Type
ENTp
I love Shawn! I relate to him because he cares more about getting the job done and reaching his goals than pleasing those around him.

S

Society

I was just curious if my assessment is accurate
yes, from what i remember i'd say he is. and also an enneagram 7w6 - wasn't he doing the whole thing as a sort of making the best out of the paranoia's his dad set in him and turning it into fantasy fulfillment?

(for those of you ENTPs who have seen the show) if you can relate to Shawn Spencer's personality traits - minus the whole fake psychic thing.
...i want to say no, but i found out about the show because my CEO at the time thought my sales methodology reminded him of shawn, so... nope, not at all.

I've read many threads about how "intoxicating" ENTPs and INFJs find each other. I don't think I've ever been close to an ENTP, so it's definitely made me curious.
and the show didn't teach you to not believe about what you hear of ENTPs?

R

Riva

Shawn spencer (7w6), elim garak (6w7) and king shultz (7w6 i think) are the most obvious entp characters there are.

Joker included. But he is a psychopath and it's hard to psychopaths.

R

Riva

Shawn spencer (7w6), elim garak (6w7) and king shultz (7w6 i think) are the most obvious entp characters there are.

Joker included. But he is a psychopath and it's hard to psychopaths.