Socionics
    INT_

Fuckin' Js.

MBTI
    type

Quote Originally Posted by MacGuffin View Post
    Fuckin' Js.
    Meh. You're jealous.
    Who rises in the morning, looks in the mirror and says, "I think I will do something stupid today?" -- James Hollis
    If people never did silly things nothing intelligent would ever get done. -- Ludwig Wittgenstein
    Whaling is illegal in Oklahoma.

MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    1w9

Quote Originally Posted by rivercrow View Post
    You're jealous.
    He'd wanted to post that for a week, but kept procrastinating.

MBTI
    type

Quote Originally Posted by htb View Post
    He'd wanted to post that for a week, but kept procrastinating.
    Bingo!

now... no more derailments from me.
    Who rises in the morning, looks in the mirror and says, "I think I will do something stupid today?" -- James Hollis
    If people never did silly things nothing intelligent would ever get done. -- Ludwig Wittgenstein
    Whaling is illegal in Oklahoma.

Quote Originally Posted by Ivy View Post
    I've known FMWarner for longer than I've known any of you people, so I can greet him in your thread if I wish.
    Nice Fe.

Permabanned
    MBTI
    xkcd
    Enneagram
    9w1 sx/sp
    Socionics
    INT_

Fe Fi Fo Fum

I smell the blood of some fuckin' Js.

MBTI
    INTJ

Quote Originally Posted by nottaprettygal View Post
    I probably am more numb than neutral. I feel quite unresponsive to the daily events that are going on around me. Things that evoke feeling in others, leave me feeling nothing. Not happy or sad. . . just nothing.
    I was thinking as I read this, that I feel insulated from things going on around me. As though very little gets through to make a profound impact. That would be more like numb, because when it does affect me then I am rarely neutral.

Does that make sense?

This signature left intentionally blank.

Really.

MBTI
    INTj

Quote Originally Posted by Natrushka View Post
    I was thinking as I read this, that I feel insulated from things going on around me. As though very little gets through to make a profound impact. That would be more like numb, because when it does affect me then I am rarely neutral.

Does that make sense?
    Yes, I would say that I'm the same way, but I always like to think that I maintain my objectivity despite how profoundly affected I am by something. Whether that's true or not, I'm not sure.

MBTI
    isfp
    Enneagram
    4w5 sp/sx

Quote Originally Posted by nottaprettygal View Post
    Yes, I would say that I'm the same way, but I always like to think that I maintain my objectivity despite how profoundly affected I am by something. Whether that's true or not, I'm not sure.
    That's an ideal I developed as an adolescent when facing some extreme emotional scenarios. It felt like I learned to think in two concurrent streams, one that experienced the pain, and one that observed it. I always had this second, observing self that would analyze my experiencing self. It has allowed me to have a very high emotional tolerance. I can experience rather extreme states of emotion and still function rationally and as needed. There are many scenarios that get to other people that do not phase me at all when I'm thinking primarily as an observer. It's why I rarely get offended or angry.

(It's actually a trait rather unlike the rest of my INF family. From what I can tell they don't have a concurrent observing self. Mine first developed clearly when I was away from home for the first time at school at age 16. When I try to help people who are depressed, it usually involves helping them hook into that objective self. Some, like my brother, can't do it.)
    Step into my metaphysical room of mirrors.
    Fear of reality creates myopic morality
    So I guess it means there is trouble until the robins come
    (from Blue Velvet)

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram

Quote Originally Posted by toonia View Post
    That's an ideal I developed as an adolescent when facing some extreme emotional scenarios. It felt like I learned to think in two concurrent streams, one that experienced the pain, and one that observed it. I always had this second, observing self that would analyze my experiencing self. It has allowed me to have a very high emotional tolerance. I can experience rather extreme states of emotion and still function rationally and as needed. There are many scenarios that get to other people that do not phase me at all when I'm thinking primarily as an observer. It's why I rarely get offended or angry.

(It's actually a trait rather unlike the rest of my INF family. From what I can tell they don't have a concurrent observing self. Mine first developed clearly when I was away from home for the first time at school at age 16. When I try to help people who are depressed, it usually involves helping them hook into that objective self. Some, like my brother, can't do it.)
    Oh, I so identify with this. Sometimes I worry that it's a form of dissociation and if I engage in it too much I'll split in two.
    The one who buggers a fire burns his penis
    -anonymous graffiti in the basilica at Pompeii