User Tag List

12 Last

Results 1 to 10 of 17

  1. #1
    Senior Member The Great One's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    MBTI
    ENTP
    Enneagram
    6w7
    Posts
    3,461

    Default Sx dom ENTP's: How many of you have mis-typed as an ENFP?

    I have mistyped as an ENFP for sure and I am an SX dom. The descriptions try to make it sound like all ENTP's are SX last, so I think that this is what could be confusing to many ENTP's. How many of you have mis-typed as an ENFP because of this?

    @Mane

    You might want to check this out.

  2. #2
    Chaser of Light Dr Mobius's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    MBTI
    ENTP
    Enneagram
    7w8 sp/sx
    Posts
    820

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by The Great One View Post
    I have mistyped as an ENFP for sure and I am an SX dom. The descriptions try to make it sound like all ENTP's are SX last, so I think that this is what could be confusing to many ENTP's. How many of you have mis-typed as an ENFP because of this?

    You might want to check this out.
    What ENTP descriptions have you been reading that go into such personal detail as to suggest instinctual variants? Or are you referring to the detached and analytical nature applied to NTs in general? Because by that measure only the NFs would be Sx doms.
    “Brighter, now brighter, pay no mind to those who squint, burn with all your heat.”

  3. #3
    Society
    Guest

    Default

    i've never tested as ENFP on MBTI, but i have on the keirsey test, and if we are going by F vs. T meaning emotional reasoning vs. rational reasoning rather than by jungian functions, there have certainly being periods in my life where i was closer to the F side, i'd go as far as saying i have largely spent most of my last decade around the middle of the scale, and it's only in the last year or two that i sort of reverted away from trusting Fe (in myself and others), which happens to be where my F goes to F...

    i am not sure what do you mean regarding the ENTP descriptions. if anything one of the biggest blind spots for sx doms - the inability to easily distinguish between what is important to yourself and what is objectively important to everyone else - goes hand in hand with the emotional exclusion aspect of the ENTP stereotype that comes with young tertiary Fe (which was apparently inspired by high school kids).

    p.s.
    to answer your question, based on the similar threads thing:

    ENFP? ENTP? Something else?
    By CourtneyJD in forum What's my MBTI Type?
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 12-11-2013, 04:14 AM
    Am I an ENTP or an ENFP?
    By ALL-HAIL-ME in forum What's my MBTI Type?
    Replies: 19
    Last Post: 09-25-2013, 10:08 PM
    ENTP or ENFP?
    By Lord Guess in forum What's my MBTI Type?
    Replies: 36
    Last Post: 09-05-2011, 10:41 PM
    Am I ENTP or ENFP?
    By DJAcclaim in forum What's my MBTI Type?
    Replies: 9
    Last Post: 08-23-2011, 10:04 PM
    Am I an ENTP or ENFP?
    By HeraldofHope in forum The NT Rationale
    Replies: 14
    Last Post: 06-19-2008, 04:08 AM

    ^i'd say it's common enough.

    edit #2: interestingly, 3/5 of the above are SX doms (the other two aren't IS-typed)...

  4. #4
    Senior Member The Great One's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    MBTI
    ENTP
    Enneagram
    6w7
    Posts
    3,461

    Default

    I am referring to most of the ENTP descriptions that you read online. Most of them act like all ENTP's are detached and unemotional. They act ENTP's are these analytical, unemotional robots that are practically incapable of love.

  5. #5
    Certified Sausage Smoker Elfboy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    5w4 sx/sp
    Socionics
    SLI None
    Posts
    9,635

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by The Great One View Post
    I have mistyped as an ENFP for sure and I am an SX dom. The descriptions try to make it sound like all ENTP's are SX last, so I think that this is what could be confusing to many ENTP's. How many of you have mis-typed as an ENFP because of this?
    @Mane
    You might want to check this out.
    pretty much every ENTP Sx dom I've known has mistyped as a Feeler at some point
    @Dr Mobius
    he's referring to the "noob" pages like personality page which people generally look at first when learning about their type.
    ENFP: We put the Fi in Fire
    ENFP
    5w4>1w9>2w1 Sx/Sp
    SEE-Fi
    Papa Bear
    Motivation: Dark Worker
    Alignment: Chaotic Neutral
    Chibi Seme
    MTG Color: black/red
    Male Archtype: King/Lover
    Sunburst!
    "You are a gay version of Gambit" Speed Gavroche
    "I wish that I could be affected by any hate, but I can't, cuz I just get affected by the bank" Chamillionaire

  6. #6
    Senior Member The Great One's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    MBTI
    ENTP
    Enneagram
    6w7
    Posts
    3,461

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Elfboy View Post
    pretty much every ENTP Sx dom I've known has mistyped as a Feeler at some point
    @Dr Mobius
    he's referring to the "noob" pages like personality page which people generally look at first when learning about their type.
    Yes, this is exactly what I was referring to. Also even more so, I was referring to the Kiersey description of ENTP's. He makes all ENTP's look like sexual last, robots.

  7. #7
    Senior Member The Great One's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    MBTI
    ENTP
    Enneagram
    6w7
    Posts
    3,461

    Default

    @digesthisickness

    Aren't you also typed as ENTP Sx dom?

  8. #8
    Society
    Guest

    Default

    so @The Great One:

    between 0 and 10...


    if 8 is: this is just another excuse to shoutout for other ENTPs in your continues and episodic displays of frustration at the lack of ENTP tribalism/comradery/whatnot and how your not-so subtle grunting at how lonely you feel as an ENTP with all the other ENTPs just doing their own thing, trying to bring the cretiures under a single thread where we'd presumably be allowed to Ne around to our hearts content and Ti's each other's metaphorical genitals...

    and -2 is: you are secretly an ENFP on a quest for revenge against the Ti that has wronged you by killing your mother['s promise that santa will come this year] and thinking you'd get a troll-the-trollz win because your impression of playful psyching is just an emotional impression of your own irritation and thus you think it can be avenged by simply summoning semi-random ENTPs into under stimulating yes/no discussions...

    where would you say you stand?

  9. #9
    ✿ڿڰۣஇღ♥ wut ♥ღஇڿڰۣ✿ digesthisickness's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    MBTI
    ENTP
    Posts
    3,262

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by The Great One View Post
    @digesthisickness

    Aren't you also typed as ENTP Sx dom?
    Indeed, I am, but I haven't posted here because I don't see what you see to the extent you apparently do. I know how NTs in general are described, and that fits the bill of what you're saying, but I'd need links to things that describe ENTPs as so un-sx that they're robotic.

    Also, I've never taken a test and gotten anywhere close to ENFP. I have been told I can come off that way at least twice on forums such as these, but it's momentary and passes quickly, so my type hasn't come into question.

    Truth is, I perhaps do come off as robotic (when it comes to love emotions) to those who aren't targets of my love. I don't often share just how deeply I feel with just anyone and to those who aren't in my crosshairs, I'd look like an almost completely different person to those who are. Whereas they DO see the sx appear in my more worldly obsessions and passions (knowledge seeking and current projects) which can make me seem cold and detached where people are concerned.

    I'm pure sx, but when it comes to love, only a few know/see just how deep (and god is it deep) and extremely intense I am.
    ✻ღϠ₡ღ✻
    (¯`✻´¯)
    `*.¸.*'ღϠ₡ღஇڿڰۣ
    •.¸¸. Ƹ̵̡Ӝ̵̨̄Ʒჱܓ. இڿڰۣ.¸¸.இڿڰۣ´¯`·.─♥


    Cerebral Artery
    http://www.facebook.com/CerebralArtery

  10. #10
    Senior Member The Great One's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    MBTI
    ENTP
    Enneagram
    6w7
    Posts
    3,461

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by digesthisickness View Post
    Indeed, I am, but I haven't posted here because I don't see what you see to the extent you apparently do. I know how NTs in general are described, and that fits the bill of what you're saying, but I'd need links to things that describe ENTPs as so un-sx that they're robotic.

    Also, I've never taken a test and gotten anywhere close to ENFP. I have been told I can come off that way at least twice on forums such as these, but it's momentary and passes quickly, so my type hasn't come into question.

    Truth is, I perhaps do come off as robotic (when it comes to love emotions) to those who aren't targets of my love. I don't often share just how deeply I feel with just anyone and to those who aren't in my crosshairs, I'd look like an almost completely different person to those who are. Whereas they DO see the sx appear in my more worldly obsessions and passions (knowledge seeking and current projects) which can make me seem cold and detached where people are concerned.

    I'm pure sx, but when it comes to love, only a few know/see just how deep (and god is it deep) and extremely intense I am.
    Interesting you are unemotional you say? Well I am actually quite emotional. It's very interesting though, because I tend to mix emotion with a good bit of logic.

Similar Threads

  1. [E6] Type 6's: How many of you have OCD?
    By The Great One in forum Enneatypes
    Replies: 12
    Last Post: 09-07-2013, 03:46 PM
  2. How many of you have made the move to purchasing music digitally?
    By swordpath in forum Arts & Entertainment
    Replies: 23
    Last Post: 07-07-2011, 03:14 PM
  3. How many of you don't have problems with nightmares?
    By Virtual ghost in forum General Psychology
    Replies: 86
    Last Post: 04-28-2009, 10:37 PM
  4. [SJ] SJs : how many of you are Okay with factory-job?
    By niki in forum The SJ Guardhouse (ESFJ, ISFJ, ESTJ, ISTJ)
    Replies: 22
    Last Post: 09-13-2008, 12:32 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
Single Sign On provided by vBSSO