• I didn't in the past, but I do now.

1 5.56%
First 1234 Last

MBTI
    ESTJ
    Enneagram
    3w2 so

Quote Originally Posted by Lady X View Post
    i don't know if i can even believe people have issues with commitment. i might just think that they're with the wrong person if it dosn't come naturally. is that absurd? or does anyone else think so?
    i agree wholeheartedly
    RobertCalifornia: TL thinks im black
    RobertCalifornia: shes my homegurl
    Hive: arent you
    SpankyMcfly: wait... you arent?

thoughtlost: I am not really religious. I just like getting free stuff from churches.

Enneagram

i don't know if i can even believe people have issues with commitment. i might just think that they're with the wrong person if it dosn't come naturally. is that absurd? or does anyone else think so?
    I know what you're saying. I remember one girl told me I had commitment issues, but really it was just I had issues with committing to her. That being said, I do know people who never commit to people enough to even find out whether they're right for them or not.

MBTI
    intp
    Enneagram
    5w4 sx

Well i think that other problems can cause issues with committing romantically to other people. I have a friend who is a perfect example of this
    "Where wisdom reigns, there is no conflict between thinking and feeling."
    — C.G. Jung

Read

NTPs are more likely to commit if they don't feel pressured to commit, although with ENTPs one wonders what component of that is commitment phobia since they appear to love to pursue other commitment phobes.

With INTPs, there appears to be some correlation between their desire for commitment and fear of abandonment/safe haven.

✿ڿڰۣஇღ♥ wut ♥ღஇڿڰۣ✿ digesthisickness's Avatar
    MBTI
    ENTP

✻ღϠ₡ღ✻
    (¯`✻´¯)
    `*.¸.*'ღϠ₡ღஇڿڰۣ
    •.¸¸. Ƹ̵̡Ӝ̵̨̄Ʒჱܓ. இڿڰۣ.¸¸.இڿڰۣ´¯`·.─♥

Cerebral Artery
    http://www.facebook.com/CerebralArtery

MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram
    9w1
    Socionics
    INFj None

So if you are with someone that you know desires a long term commitment, but you know you do not want to commit to anything long-term with them how do you justify the ethics of that to yourself or is that even a thing? If I knew I did not want to commit to someone who wanted a commitment from me, I think I would feel obligated to break it off because I would be wasting their time, which they could be using to find someone who would want to commit to them, not to mention my own.
    Last edited by cafe; 12-21-2013 at 10:06 PM. Reason: fix typo
    “There are two novels that can change a bookish fourteen-year old’s life: The Lord of the Rings and Atlas Shrugged. One is a childish fantasy that often engenders a lifelong obsession with its unbelievable heroes, leading to an emotionally stunted, socially crippled adulthood, unable to deal with the real world. The other, of course, involves orcs.”
    ~ John Rogers

MBTI
    FREE
    Enneagram
    594 sx/sp
    Socionics
    LII Ne

Quote Originally Posted by cafe View Post
    So if you are with someone that you know desires a long term commitment, but you know you do not want to want to commit to anything long-term with them how do you justify the ethics of that to yourself or is that even a thing? If I knew I did not want to commit to someone who wanted a commitment from me, I think I would feel obligated to break it off because I would be wasting their time, which they could be using to find someone who would want to commit to them, not to mention my own.
    I agree.

Even if we step outside the realm of "being kind" to a more impersonal assessment, it's simply not fair for one person to take advantage of another like that in terms of pure autonomy. Both people should put their cards on the table honestly, so that each can assess things and do what they need to in order to take care of themselves properly.
    "Hey Capa -- We're only stardust." ~ "Sunshine"

“Pleasure to me is wonder—the unexplored, the unexpected, the thing that is hidden and the changeless thing that lurks behind superficial mutability. To trace the remote in the immediate; the eternal in the ephemeral; the past in the present; the infinite in the finite; these are to me the springs of delight and beauty.” ~ H.P. Lovecraft

MBTI
    INFJ
    Socionics
    IEI Ni

Quote Originally Posted by digesthisickness View Post
    I propose this thread change: "INTPs, do you have commitment tissues?"

Nips away your dignity Fluffywolf's Avatar
    MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    9 sp/sx

I know what you mean though. I think the main issue lies with the realization you are with someone you really want to be with.

I only ever really felt that with one other person and it didn't work out, but I do know that when I did feel like that, commitment or sacrifice both weren't an issue at all for me.

So perhaps it's just all about finding the right person at the right time.
    ~Self-depricating Megalomaniacal Superwolf

MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    9w1 sx/so

Quote Originally Posted by cafe View Post
    So if you are with someone that you know desires a long term commitment, but you know you do not want to commit to anything long-term with them how do you justify the ethics of that to yourself or is that even a thing? If I knew I did not want to commit to someone who wanted a commitment from me, I think I would feel obligated to break it off because I would be wasting their time, which they could be using to find someone who would want to commit to them, not to mention my own.
    I feel the same. I've actually broke it off with a couple people in the past after they said they were in live with me. It just felt wrong to continue when I didn't feel the same.
    There can’t be any large-scale revolution until there’s a personal revolution, on an individual level. It’s got to happen inside first.
    -Jim Morrison