User Tag List

First 12345 Last

Results 21 to 30 of 51

  1. #21
    WALMART
    Guest

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by PimpinMcBoltage View Post
    I wonder how you get to that conclusion? Not that I disagree with you or anything, it actually is rather logically sound to say that.
    "I call the two preceding types irrational for reasons already referred to; namely, because their commissions and omissions are based not upon reasoned judgment but upon the absolute intensity of perception. Their perception is concerned with simple happenings, where no selection has been exercised by the judgment. In this respect both the latter types have a considerable superiority over the two judging types. The objective occurrence is both law-determined and accidental. In so far as it is law-determined, it is accessible to reason; in so far as it is accidental, it is not. One might reverse it and say that we apply the term law-determined to the occurrence appearing so to our reason, and where its regularity escapes us we call it accidental. The postulate of a universal lawfulness remains a postulate of reason only; in no sense is it a postulate of our functions of perception. Since these are in no way grounded upon the principle of reason and its postulates, they are, of their very nature, irrational. Hence my term 'irrational' corresponds with the nature of the perception-types. But merely because they subordinate judgment to perception, it would be quite incorrect to regard these types as unreasonable. They are merely in a high degree empirical; they are grounded exclusively upon experience, so exclusively, in fact, that as a rule, their judgment cannot keep pace with their experience."

    Here is the excerpt in which he speaks of irrationality, as a term. Compare it to the original post.

    This does not get into the introverted irrational type, however.

    @WhoCares - it has nothing to do with the traditional notions of rationality and irrationality.

  2. #22
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Posts
    795

    Default

    Conspiracy theories aren't crazy, some of them are closer to the truth than is evident at first glance. Some conspiracy theorists, however, blow things way out of proportion and go completely out of control, some to the point that they lose all touch with reality and go completely insane. But if it wasn't to the tune of a conspiracy theory, then it would be to something else. Some people are just always looking for something to go extreme about. Also, personalities that tend to end up mentally ill tend to have a natural inclination toward believing conspiracy theories, or, more importantly, some people, after experiencing insanity, don't see it as that unlikely for these conspiracy theories to be true, and sometimes it explains or reflects their insanity perfectly. I can't blame them and in a way it can be therapeutic for them, as long as they don't become extreme with it.

    As for people who believe in conspiracy theories, they aren't always insane, and there's nothing really wrong with keeping your mind open to different alternatives. It sounds like a perceiver thing in this case. Like, I don't know who shot JFK, or if it was a conspiracy, but something obviously seemed off, and I also support the notion that you can't always believe what's fed to you through the media. I've also been on the "inside" for many corporations, and have seen first hand what they really do, then the BS they feed their customers after, and, more importantly, I saw afterwards how expertly the customers cut through the shit they were being fed and figured out exactly what the company was doing. I also saw how tirelessly the companies worked to shut them up, and just this tangential experience alone (I didn't even know the company was doing these things, it's after I was tipped off by reading what the customers had to say that I was tipped off, checked, then found out) was enough to make me begin questioning things even more, and to make me listen to that offbeat voice or the voice of the people even more, because they have a habit, as a group, of figuring it all out. Sometimes it's amazing how they do it, because I'd never see the connection myself.

  3. #23
    Permabanned
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    MBTI
    ESTP
    Enneagram
    8w7
    Posts
    2,319

    Default

    read conspiracy of the rich, by robert kiyosaki.

    There are definitely groups of people with a lot of money who influence the direction our country takes.

    However I don't think there is any formal or organized super secret "illuminati" or "knights templar" that has a tradition of trying to take over the world and gas the christians to pave way for the Draconians. lol.

    I view the "Illuminati" as more of a force of nature. Human greed is such that there will always be groups of people who want to dominate and direct the course of history, and their utter selfishness directs the course of humanity. When evil is naturally a part of man and holiness is seemingly "unnatural" and takes effort to achieve, its easy to see why humanity is naturally headed toward a state of evil, so long as good men continue to do nothing.

    Satan more or less rules the world, and I don't think it is unreasonable to assume that this "evil" side of humanity, is common among ALL humans, and not just per individual. Imagine for a minute, that everyone in the world has the lowest possible enneagram health level. Living on earth, would truly be a hell of its own.

    I believe hell is real, just not a specific lake of fire orbiting alpha centauri somewhere. Aside from the fact that many people on earth naturally believe in reincarnation, including primitive mongolian nomads... typology even goes into this HERE. Scroll to the very bottom to see what I mean.

    I think it was jung himself who said that what we like about ourselves, is how we subjectively PERCEIVE ourselves, and thus, how we perceive the universe. When taking this into account, its not unreasonable to believe that hell is a part of our universe that we come to perceive naturally, or we learn to perceive heaven unnaturally.

    Still figuring this out.

  4. #24
    Senior Member prplchknz's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    MBTI
    yupp
    Posts
    29,783

    Default

    I don't know if conspiracy theories are real. But sometimes I believe them and get really really scared because sometimes they're about me. but I'm powerless over the outcome and if theh want to harm me there's nothing I can really do.

  5. #25
    Permabanned
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    MBTI
    ESTP
    Enneagram
    8w7
    Posts
    2,319

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by prplchknz View Post
    I don't know if conspiracy theories are real. But sometimes I believe them and get really really scared because sometimes they're about me. but I'm powerless over the outcome and if theh want to harm me there's nothing I can really do.
    lol. You CAN protect yourself. But being practical about it is different than donning a tinfoil hat and living in your basement 24/7.

  6. #26
    Senior Member prplchknz's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    MBTI
    yupp
    Posts
    29,783

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by DJ Arendee View Post
    lol. You CAN protect yourself. But being practical about it is different than donning a tinfoil hat and living in your basement 24/7.
    how? no one ever believes me.

  7. #27
    Permabanned
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    MBTI
    ESTP
    Enneagram
    8w7
    Posts
    2,319

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by prplchknz View Post
    how? no one ever believes me.
    what do you mean no one ever believes you?

    I've met several INFPs who talk a lot about aliens and secret military installations and etc. When you go online and someone says "I HAVE PROOF" it doesn't actually mean anything. It means they have a piece of paper that looks like proof. Who made the paper? What was the inspiration? You don't know.

    I will tell you my method.

    KNOW EVERYTHING.

    When you learn psychology, you realize that hatred is often caused by fear, and that there is no reason to hate others. You begin to learn why wars are started, why Jesus was terrifying to many, and thus persecuted for his lifestyle.

    Learn economics, and why the world is structured the way it is, how capitalism works, how the US economy works.

    Learn every religion as if they are all true.

    Only when you see every facet of life, will you be able to understand what it means, and predict its course.

    Everyone is a genius in their own mind. Once you come to learn why this is, you will better understand the universe.

  8. #28
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Posts
    795

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by DJ Arendee View Post
    read conspiracy of the rich, by robert kiyosaki.

    There are definitely groups of people with a lot of money who influence the direction our country takes.

    However I don't think there is any formal or organized super secret "illuminati" or "knights templar" that has a tradition of trying to take over the world and gas the christians to pave way for the Draconians. lol.

    I view the "Illuminati" as more of a force of nature. Human greed is such that there will always be groups of people who want to dominate and direct the course of history, and their utter selfishness directs the course of humanity. When evil is naturally a part of man and holiness is seemingly "unnatural" and takes effort to achieve, its easy to see why humanity is naturally headed toward a state of evil, so long as good men continue to do nothing.

    Satan more or less rules the world, and I don't think it is unreasonable to assume that this "evil" side of humanity, is common among ALL humans, and not just per individual. Imagine for a minute, that everyone in the world has the lowest possible enneagram health level. Living on earth, would truly be a hell of its own.

    I believe hell is real, just not a specific lake of fire orbiting alpha centauri somewhere. Aside from the fact that many people on earth naturally believe in reincarnation, including primitive mongolian nomads... typology even goes into this HERE. Scroll to the very bottom to see what I mean.

    I think it was jung himself who said that what we like about ourselves, is how we subjectively PERCEIVE ourselves, and thus, how we perceive the universe. When taking this into account, its not unreasonable to believe that hell is a part of our universe that we come to perceive naturally, or we learn to perceive heaven unnaturally.

    Still figuring this out.
    It doesn't really matter if the illuminati exists. There are a bunch of people that have influence over many things that happen in this world, and they happen to be rich, and they happen to talk to each other, and they happen to usually be selfish in their ambition. That's all I need to know. Just look at major corporations. They can greatly shift the direction of many things around us, and if you've ever worked for one, then you know there are a bunch of profit driven idiots at the top who talk to each other and who make/filter all the decisions. And you also know that it's damn near impossible to make a good ethical decision see the light of day. Add enough of these companies/people up (I only assume these people are in government as well), and set it up that they talk/negotiate with each other on a regular basis and you have your problem.

  9. #29
    Permabanned
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    MBTI
    ESTP
    Enneagram
    8w7
    Posts
    2,319

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by CapLawyer View Post
    It doesn't really matter if the illuminati exists. There are a bunch of people that have influence over many things that happen in this world, and they happen to be rich, and they happen to talk to each other, and they happen to usually be selfish in their ambition. That's all I need to know. Just look at major corporations. They can greatly shift the direction of many things around us, and if you've ever worked for one, then you know there are a bunch of profit driven idiots at the top who talk to each other and who make/filter all the decisions. And you also know that it's damn near impossible to make a good ethical decision see the light of day. Add enough of these companies/people up (I only assume these people are in government as well), and set it up that they talk/negotiate with each other on a regular basis and you have your problem.
    haha, yup

  10. #30
    Permabanned
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    MBTI
    ESTP
    Enneagram
    8w7
    Posts
    2,319

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by CapLawyer View Post
    It doesn't really matter if the illuminati exists. There are a bunch of people that have influence over many things that happen in this world, and they happen to be rich, and they happen to talk to each other, and they happen to usually be selfish in their ambition. That's all I need to know. Just look at major corporations. They can greatly shift the direction of many things around us, and if you've ever worked for one, then you know there are a bunch of profit driven idiots at the top who talk to each other and who make/filter all the decisions. And you also know that it's damn near impossible to make a good ethical decision see the light of day. Add enough of these companies/people up (I only assume these people are in government as well), and set it up that they talk/negotiate with each other on a regular basis and you have your problem.
    haha, yup

Similar Threads

  1. Types most likely to fall for conspiracy theories
    By brainheart in forum Myers-Briggs and Jungian Cognitive Functions
    Replies: 77
    Last Post: 08-21-2012, 12:32 AM
  2. Which modern conspiracy theory do you think is probably real?
    By ThatsWhatHeSaid in forum Politics, History, and Current Events
    Replies: 55
    Last Post: 02-25-2011, 01:37 AM
  3. Are humans basically irrational beings?
    By Such Irony in forum Philosophy and Spirituality
    Replies: 17
    Last Post: 08-02-2010, 07:15 PM
  4. What do you think of conspiracy theories?
    By darkmoon in forum Politics, History, and Current Events
    Replies: 38
    Last Post: 04-30-2009, 05:06 PM
  5. Conspiracy Theory, Abandon All Reason Ye Who Enter Here...
    By Anentropic IxTx in forum Politics, History, and Current Events
    Replies: 90
    Last Post: 01-24-2009, 11:01 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
Single Sign On provided by vBSSO