User Tag List

123 Last

MBTI
    ENTP
    Enneagram
    6w7

Default Explain to me how INTJ's can do this

So I've noticed that the way INTJ's learn is so strange. It seems that when most people learn a new concept, they will learn one aspect of a concept, then another, and then another, until they finally grasp everything fully. This seems to be the normal way to learn. However, it seems that INTJ's have a very different way of learning. INTJ's tend to grasp nothing or absolutely everything about a concept, with very little room in-between. In other words, INTJ's will understand absolutely nothing about a concept for a while, and then they have this big, "EUREKA!" moment. When this happens, suddenly they're level of understanding goes from about 0 to 10 in what seems like only a matter of seconds. How on earth does this work?

@Nicodemus @Wind-Up Rex
    @Zarathustra

You folks might find this thread interesting.

Banned
    MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    5w6 sx/so
    Socionics
    Will

"INTJs do not deal with things in a logical way, going into the intellectual process of elucidation. They just catch an intuition, going round and round amplifying it, so that in the end we get a complete picture, but by intuitive means, not by logical means." - C.G. Jung, 1937

MBTI
    ENTP
    Enneagram
    6w7

Quote Originally Posted by RaptorWizard View Post
    "INTJs do not deal with things in a logical way, going into the intellectual process of elucidation. They just catch an intuition, going round and round amplifying it, so that in the end we get a complete picture, but by intuitive means, not by logical means." - C.G. Jung, 1937
    Can you go into more detail there buddy?

Banned
    MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    5w6 sx/so
    Socionics
    Will

Quote Originally Posted by The Great One View Post
    Can you go into more detail there buddy?
    "But instinct is something which transcends knowledge. We have, undoubtedly, certain finer fibers that enable us to perceive truths when logical deduction, or any other willful effort of the brain, is futile. Back in the deep recesses of the brain was the solution, but I could net yet give it outward expression. As I uttered these inspiring words the idea came like a flash of lightning and in an instant the truth was revealed. A thousand secrets of nature which I might have stumbled upon accidentally, I would have given for that one which I had wrested from her against all odds and at the peril of my existence. The gift of mental power comes from God, Divine Being, and if we concentrate our minds on that truth, we become in tune with this great power." ~ Nikola Tesla (INTJ)

ndovjtjcaqidthi

Why do you think it's only INTJs who do this?

failed poetry slam career chubber's Avatar
    MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    5w4 sp/sx
    Socionics
    ILI Te

Quote Originally Posted by The Great One View Post
    So I've noticed that the way INTJ's learn is so strange. It seems that when most people learn a new concept, they will learn one aspect of a concept, then another, and then another, until they finally grasp everything fully. This seems to be the normal way to learn. However, it seems that INTJ's have a very different way of learning. INTJ's tend to grasp nothing or absolutely everything about a concept, with very little room in-between. In other words, INTJ's will understand absolutely nothing about a concept for a while, and then they have this big, "EUREKA!" moment. When this happens, suddenly they're level of understanding goes from about 0 to 10 in what seems like only a matter of seconds. How on earth does this work?

@Nicodemus @Wind-Up Rex
    @Zarathustra

You folks might find this thread interesting.
    I tend to think that INTJs are visual spatial learners instead of the normal auditory-sequential learner. It is so in my case.

If you have a look at how visual spatial learners work, you might see how they approach a subject, because we work top down, instead of bottom up... (quick way to sum it up).

Hope that helps.

MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    6w5 sx/sp
    Socionics
    ILI Ni

I don't know if we learn "concepts" very well per se. I think we take in a lot of pieces of information and there is this process that goes on inside our heads and then the concept occurs to us. People might explain a concept to us but it's just a data point - raw information - until the perception is formed which internalizes it. So it is kind of like a personal concept.

Not sure if that makes sense...

Please provide feedback on my Nohari and Johari Window by clicking here: Nohari/Johari

Tri-type 639

MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    5w6 sp/sx

I cannot understand concepts piecemeal, but only in their entirety. Books and course notes, on the other hand, are generally written in a linear fashion, showing you a series of pieces that make up the concept. What this means is that I will read or hear about all these pieces, not really understanding any one of them, until we get to the end and I can see how they all fit together. After reviewing it all, they will snap into place like the pieces of a puzzle, and I will have a top-down understanding of the topic that will never leave me.
    I've been called a criminal, a terrorist, and a threat to the known universe. But everything you were told is a lie. The truth is, they've taken our freedom, our home, and our future. The time has come for all humanity to take a stand...

Unapologetic being Evolving Transparency's Avatar
    MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    1w9 sp/sx
    Socionics
    ESI Fi

Quote Originally Posted by Saudade View Post
    Why do you think it's only INTJs who do this?
    It's not lol

INFJ's, ENFJ's, INTJ's, and ENTJ's do this...

Ni needs the whole picture to do things.

I learn very much the way Coriolis describes.

failed poetry slam career chubber's Avatar
    MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    5w4 sp/sx
    Socionics
    ILI Te

Quote Originally Posted by Urarienev View Post
    It's not lol

INFJ's, ENFJ's, INTJ's, and ENTJ's do this...

Ni needs the whole picture to do things.

I learn very much the way Coriolis describes.
    http://www.gifteddevelopment.com/Vis...earner/vsl.htm

AUDITORY-SEQUENTIAL------------------------------------VISUAL-SPATIAL
    • Thinks primarily in words ------------------------------- Thinks primarily in pictures
    • Has auditory strengths ---------------------------------Has visual strengths
    • Relates well to time ------------------------------------Relates well to space
    • Is a step-by-step learner ------------------------------ Is a whole-part learner
    • Learns by trial and error---------------------------------Learns concepts all at once
    • Progresses sequentially from easy to difficult material-----Learns complex concepts easily; struggles with easy skills
    • Is an analytical thinker--------------------------------- Is a good synthesizer
    • Attends well to details----------------------------------Sees the big picture; may miss details
    • Follows oral directions well------------------------------Reads maps well
    • Does well at arithmetic----------------------------------Is better at math reasoning than computation
    • Learns phonics easily------------------------------------Learns whole words easily
    • Can sound out spelling words----------------------------Must visualize words to spell them
    • Can write quickly and neatly ----------------------------Prefers keyboarding to writing
    • Is well-organized--------------------------------------- Creates unique methods of organization
    • Can show steps of work easily---------------------------Arrives at correct solutions intuitively
    • Excels at rote memorization----------------------------- Learns best by seeing relationships
    • Has good auditory short-term memory------------------- Has good long-term visual memory
    • May need some repetition to reinforce learning----------- Learns concepts permanently; is turned off by drill and repetition
    • Learns well from instruction----------------------------- Develops own methods of problem solving
    • Learns in spite of emotional reactions------------------- Is very sensitive to teachers’ attitudes
    • Is comfortable with one right answer--------------------Generates unusual solutions to problems
    • Develops fairly evenly---------------------------------- Develops quite asynchronously
    • Usually maintains high grades ---------------------------May have very uneven grades
    • Enjoys algebra and chemistry--------------------------- Enjoys geometry and physics
    • Learns languages in class-------------------------------Masters other languages through immersion
    • Is academically talented--------------------------------Is creatively, mechanically, emotionally, or technologically gifted
    • Is an early bloomer-------------------------------------Is a late bloomer

@Inari Love do you relate to the visual spatial learner?