User Tag List

First 910111213 Last

MBTI
    INTP

Quote Originally Posted by Salomé View Post
    How inconvenient for y̶o̶u̶ us.
    It works, doesn't it?

Quote Originally Posted by ColonelGadaafi View Post
    Since you're all Ti/Te users, debating this currently. What would you guys say is factually incorrect about racism?
    Nothing. The only factually incorrect element of racism is a tendency some human beings have of being incapable of holding two separate things in equal standing-- instead preferring to always list things in terms of their perceived merits, with one always better or worse than the other-- common among J types, but I'm not 100% certain of the psychological motivators behind this kind of thinking, or whether or not it's bad in all cases (probably not).

MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    5w4 sx/sp

Quote Originally Posted by anticlimatic View Post
    It works, doesn't it?
    Apparently not.
    Quote Originally Posted by Ivy View Post
    Gosh, the world looks so small from up here on my high horse of menstruation.

MBTI
    INTP

Apparently not.
    Take it up with Jung.

MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    5w4 sx/sp

Take it up with Jung.
    His politics were a bit... iffy, I've heard.

garbage

Tl;dr, though it seems you've mistaken Fi for Ti in typing yourself. It's fairly common, but not topic specific.
    Wait. You're claiming that PC is a Te/Fi deal, and then claim that a person who advocates at least a little bit of "PC" is mistyped must necessarily have an Fi- rather than Ti-ego function? Doesn't that seem a bit.. well, mental contortion-ish to you?

MBTI
    INTP

Quote Originally Posted by bologna View Post
    Wait. You're claiming that PC is a Te/Fi deal, and then claim that a person who advocates at least a little bit of "PC" is mistyped must necessarily have an Fi- rather than Ti-ego function? Doesn't that seem a bit.. well, mental contortion-ish to you?
    Yeah, that looks bad...I didn't mean to tie that in with the overall point I was making. I accused her of being a Fi user for the explosion of indignation and butthurt over an opinion stated in the form of a fact (a common Te/Fi irritation), not because she supports political correctness.

Ti and Fi are very similar, though Ti tends to garnish less emotional reactions from objective statements because of the inferior Fe. I wasn't actually presuming to type her, I just wanted to point that tiny facet out in an indirect fashion.

MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    5w4 sx/sp

Yeah, that looks bad...I didn't mean to tie that in with the overall point I was making. I accused her of being a Fi user for the explosion of indignation and butthurt over an opinion stated in the form of a fact (a common Te/Fi irritation), not because she supports political correctness.

Ti and Fi are very similar, though Ti tends to garnish less emotional reactions from objective statements because of the inferior Fe. I wasn't actually presuming to type her, I just wanted to point that tiny facet out in an indirect fashion.
    You still seem really...confused.

MBTI
    INTP

You still seem really...confused.
    Us men don't get confused. It's one of our (many) privileges.

MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    5w6 sp/sx

Quote Originally Posted by ColonelGadaafi View Post
    Since you're all Ti/Te users, debating this currently. What would you guys say is factually incorrect about racism? What do you define as racism? Is racism acknowledging that races exist? Hierarchal thinking, discrimination, , belligerence towards other racial groups, xenophobia, or just linguistc descriptions?
    In my understanding, racism is the belief that one or another "race" is somehow better or entitled to greater power or privilege, than another. I put race in quotes because I find its use ill-defined. Especially with our current knowledge of genetics, something not available when people first started discussing racism, we know that we are all one human species. How do we distinguish races within that? The obvious are black and white, sometimes Asians. People include Native Americans, but how about the indigenous people in other parts of the world? There are groups outside these categories, like Ashkenazi Jews, who are distinct in, for instance, susceptibility to certain diseases. Does this constitute a "race"?

The larger and more important question is whether we can divide humanity into broad groups in such a way that one group can be deemed superior to any other, and therefore more entitled to benefits, responsibility, or power. These groups are not limited to race or skin color, but include ethnicity/culture, and the somewhat related religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity/expression, etc. Discrimination on the basis of these distinctions is only rarely justified. Belligerence because of them is senseless. Personal preference for one or another group, as in dating, is just that: personal preference, same as preferring beer to wine. It doesn't mean there is anything wrong with the less preferred choice.

ORLY? Do expand on what you mean (if it's not too incriminating).
    Rather than attempt to guess at your intent, I will wait for you to phrase your question more clearly before responding.
    I've been called a criminal, a terrorist, and a threat to the known universe. But everything you were told is a lie. The truth is, they've taken our freedom, our home, and our future. The time has come for all humanity to take a stand...

MBTI
    ESTJ
    Enneagram
    Si
    Socionics
    ESTP

Quote Originally Posted by Coriolis View Post
    In my understanding, racism is the belief that one or another "race" is somehow better or entitled to greater power or privilege, than another. I put race in quotes because I find its use ill-defined. Especially with our current knowledge of genetics, something not available when people first started discussing racism, we know that we are all one human species. How do we distinguish races within that? The obvious are black and white, sometimes Asians. People include Native Americans, but how about the indigenous people in other parts of the world? There are groups outside these categories, like Ashkenazi Jews, who are distinct in, for instance, susceptibility to certain diseases. Does this constitute a "race"?

The larger and more important question is whether we can divide humanity into broad groups in such a way that one group can be deemed superior to any other, and therefore more entitled to benefits, responsibility, or power. These groups are not limited to race or skin color, but include ethnicity/culture, and the somewhat related religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity/expression, etc. Discrimination on the basis of these distinctions is only rarely justified. Belligerence because of them is senseless. Personal preference for one or another group, as in dating, is just that: personal preference, same as preferring beer to wine. It doesn't mean there is anything wrong with the less preferred choice.
    You can seperate races based on allele frequences. There are main races that predominate the world who form genetic clines. West-eurasians, east-eurasians, africans. Obviously it's much more complex than that, prehistoric eras are very complex, but scienfically it's possible to trace ancestry and divide groups based on ancestry. This does not take into account external factors, like culture, politics, history, which language is spoken, even if that can be interrelated.

It's much more complex than black/white/asian. Lots of the worlds populations are shaped by prehistoric immigrations, isolation, groups branching off and influencing each-other, prehistoric groups mixing with others and disappearing and founding new ones, sucessive immigrations of different prehistoric groups in each direction, bottle-neck effects, founder effects. It's possible to seperate the ancestry of inviduals within 200 kms of their ancestors with ancestry genetic methodology. It's not as shrouded in mystery as people think. It all comes down to exploring and unraveling the patterns within each groups genome and cross-referencing it to archaelogy and population movements.

However i feel that people who divide others based on external conceptualizations and constructs are sorely ignorant about science and biology. There is no descisive proof that one group is superior to the other. But there is evidence that groups are seperate and different, and descend from different ancestors who were genetically seperate from each other.
    "Where can you flee? What road will you use to escape us? Our horses are swift, our arrows sharp, our swords like thunderbolts, our hearts as hard as the mountains, our soldiers as numerous as the sand. Fortresses will not detain us, nor arms stop us. Your prayers to God will not avail against us. We are not moved by tears nor touched by lamentations."