User Tag List

Thread: Humour

MBTI
    ENTP
    Enneagram
    7w6

Default Humour

Yesterday I had a meeting with an old friend of mine. As we were discussing our new lives, she "confessed" to me that I was one of the few people she knew, with a good sense of humour and that got me thinking. Many people call me master of wit and wordplay, full of intelligent one-liners and a true funny storyteller. I especially create fake stories out of nothing that have both a logical consistency and a funny and humorously imaginative outlook on real events.
    My question is if this is similar to other ENTPs (any type can also comment).
    The best thing about human beings is that they stack so neatly.

MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram
    4w5 sp/sx

My brother is an ENTP and he does that as well!

✿ڿڰۣஇღ♥ wut ♥ღஇڿڰۣ✿ digesthisickness's Avatar
    MBTI
    ENTP

Not sure what you're asking, OP. Do we get people calling us funny? Yes. Do we get people telling us we have a good sense of humor? Sure. That we can make a joke out of things by making up scenarios out of random connections? Definitely, though that's just something I know about myself, no one has ever said, "Wow, Lisa, you can really blah blah blah those connections" because they're supposed to be laughing, not standing back in awe of having laughed and why.

Phrases such as 'master of wit and wordplay' would never be repeated by me as they sound like bragging, which disgusts me, and because it's entirely relative depending on which crowd you're in at the time.
    ✻ღϠ₡ღ✻
    (¯`✻´¯)
    `*.¸.*'ღϠ₡ღஇڿڰۣ
    •.¸¸. Ƹ̵̡Ӝ̵̨̄Ʒჱܓ. இڿڰۣ.¸¸.இڿڰۣ´¯`·.─♥

Cerebral Artery
    http://www.facebook.com/CerebralArtery

MBTI
    ENTP
    Enneagram
    7w6

Quote Originally Posted by digesthisickness View Post
    Not sure what you're asking, OP. Do we get people calling us funny? Yes. Do we get people telling us we have a good sense of humor? Sure. That we can make a joke out of things by making up scenarios out of random connections? Definitely, though that's just something I know about myself, no one has ever said, "Wow, Lisa, you can really blah blah blah those connections" because they're supposed to be laughing, not standing back in awe of having laughed and why.

Phrases such as 'master of wit and wordplay' would never be repeated by me as they sound like bragging, which disgusts me, and because it's entirely relative depending on which crowd you're in at the time.
    My friend is a psychologist and an INFJ and "master of wit and wordplay, full of intelligent one-liners and a true funny storyteller" were her own words. She used to know when I would "make up scenarios out of random connections" as you said. She was really perceptive when it came to my funny stories.
    The best thing about human beings is that they stack so neatly.

✿ڿڰۣஇღ♥ wut ♥ღஇڿڰۣ✿ digesthisickness's Avatar
    MBTI
    ENTP

Quote Originally Posted by ALL-HAIL-ME View Post
    My friend is a psychologist and an INFJ and "master of wit and wordplay, full of intelligent one-liners and a true funny storyteller" were her own words. She used to know when I would "make up scenarios out of random connections" as you said. She was really perceptive when it came to my funny stories.
    Ah, so like a description. I can see that much easier than the random statement being made out of the blue like I was picturing. Not saying I agree with those exact words for the reason I've stated, but the describing in and of itself, yeah.
    ✻ღϠ₡ღ✻
    (¯`✻´¯)
    `*.¸.*'ღϠ₡ღஇڿڰۣ
    •.¸¸. Ƹ̵̡Ӝ̵̨̄Ʒჱܓ. இڿڰۣ.¸¸.இڿڰۣ´¯`·.─♥

Cerebral Artery
    http://www.facebook.com/CerebralArtery