User Tag List

Results 1 to 9 of 9

  1. #1
    Junior Member Sinshred's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2013
    MBTI
    INTJ
    Posts
    19

    Default The most Rich NT type?

    I was read an article that acclaim ENTJ is the riches among all NT (rational) even any type i think. Do you agree? What your reason then?
    Age just a number, Maturity is an character.

  2. #2
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Posts
    1,153

    Default

    They're decisive, logical, outgoing, willing to take action, organised, forward-thinking, can see the bigger picture, intelligent, pragmatic, level-headed and driven.

  3. #3
    Administrator highlander's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    6w5 sx/sp
    Socionics
    ILI Ni
    Posts
    17,885

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Standuble View Post
    They're decisive, logical, outgoing, willing to take action, organised, forward-thinking, can see the bigger picture, intelligent, pragmatic, level-headed and driven.
    Generally that's true. Those are good reasons.

    I think culture may be shifting though.

    Please provide feedback on my Nohari and Johari Window by clicking here: Nohari/Johari

    Tri-type 639

  4. #4
    Tempbanned
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Enneagram
    8w9
    Posts
    14,031

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by highlander View Post
    I think culture may be shifting though.
    How so?

    I'm quite curious to hear your thoughts.

  5. #5
    Junior Member Sinshred's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2013
    MBTI
    INTJ
    Posts
    19

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Standuble View Post
    They're decisive, logical, outgoing, willing to take action, organised, forward-thinking, can see the bigger picture, intelligent, pragmatic, level-headed and driven.
    yeah they have strong Te implemented with Ni, but what about other NT? So INTJ with Ni then Te couldnt make any challenge to ENTJ?
    Quote Originally Posted by highlander View Post
    I think culture may be shifting though.
    i dont understand. Do you mean somewhat like race?
    Age just a number, Maturity is an character.

  6. #6
    Administrator highlander's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    6w5 sx/sp
    Socionics
    ILI Ni
    Posts
    17,885

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Sinshred View Post
    yeah they have strong Te implemented with Ni, but what about other NT? So INTJ with Ni then Te couldnt make any challenge to ENTJ?

    i dont understand. Do you mean somewhat like race?
    Yeah - I'm actually saying there is a challenge. I think that, in the US anyway, in the past, there was more bias towards extraversion in business. However, that has been declining. I have a couple of theories:

    1. Over the past 20 years, this personality type thing has actually come to be somewhat well disseminated and with that, a better appreciation that introversion is not an inferior way of being. The bias is still there but it is not near what it was in the past.

    2. Written communication is more valued and important now than it was 20 years ago in business. Introverts tend to be drawn more towards writing and therefore are better at it. It used to be that people hardly communicated in writing. It was all meetings. This has changed slowly and steadily for the past 25 years. I'm a bit torn on this because extraverts are pretty proficient texters and IM'ers. Bottom line though is that I think that technology has leveled the playing field more.

    I also think that the previous (almost exclusive) TJ executive management ranks has given a bit more to NTP STP types, who have strengths in dealing with changing conditions. The speed of change continues to increase.

    Please provide feedback on my Nohari and Johari Window by clicking here: Nohari/Johari

    Tri-type 639

  7. #7
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Posts
    1,153

    Default

    @Sinshred As Highlander mentioned extroversion is favoured in business. But even then I can imagine many INTJs struggling by a) being awkward at networking or arranging business deals and b) Not getting out of their own heads enough to actualise their plans. I would think they make better small business owners or independent contractors.

  8. #8
    Junior Member Sinshred's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2013
    MBTI
    INTJ
    Posts
    19

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by highlander View Post
    Yeah - I'm actually saying there is a challenge. I think that, in the US anyway, in the past, there was more bias towards extraversion in business. However, that has been declining. I have a couple of theories:

    1. Over the past 20 years, this personality type thing has actually come to be somewhat well disseminated and with that, a better appreciation that introversion is not an inferior way of being. The bias is still there but it is not near what it was in the past.

    2. Written communication is more valued and important now than it was 20 years ago in business. Introverts tend to be drawn more towards writing and therefore are better at it. It used to be that people hardly communicated in writing. It was all meetings. This has changed slowly and steadily for the past 25 years. I'm a bit torn on this because extraverts are pretty proficient texters and IM'ers. Bottom line though is that I think that technology has leveled the playing field more.

    I also think that the previous (almost exclusive) TJ executive management ranks has given a bit more to NTP STP types, who have strengths in dealing with changing conditions. The speed of change continues to increase.
    So far im impressed to your determination. Thank
    i got your point and i have question :
    1. how far exactly Extravert and Introvert make differences toward success/rich/goal??
    2. if trend has changing from old J (executive management) to new P (innovative), can i assume people F (consumer focus) can be upper hand from T (money focus)?
    3. Bit out off case, can people adjust their type in right situation. Example : From Introvert become Extrovert when leading a meeting. Etc.

    Quote Originally Posted by Standuble View Post
    @Sinshred As Highlander mentioned extroversion is favoured in business. But even then I can imagine many INTJs struggling by a) being awkward at networking or arranging business deals and b) Not getting out of their own heads enough to actualise their plans. I would think they make better small business owners or independent contractors.
    Yeah INTJ struggle at both point you can imagine INTJ want control but seem lack of power authority to control people because of this Introvert thing.

    Sorry my English bad, not my native language.
    Age just a number, Maturity is an character.

  9. #9
    Administrator highlander's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    6w5 sx/sp
    Socionics
    ILI Ni
    Posts
    17,885

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Sinshred View Post
    So far im impressed to your determination. Thank
    i got your point and i have question :
    1. how far exactly Extravert and Introvert make differences toward success/rich/goal??
    2. if trend has changing from old J (executive management) to new P (innovative), can i assume people F (consumer focus) can be upper hand from T (money focus)?
    3. Bit out off case, can people adjust their type in right situation. Example : From Introvert become Extrovert when leading a meeting. Etc.
    First, you can't adjust your type. However, you can act outgoing while being an introvert. It's just more draining while for the extravert, it is energizing. As far as F vs. T goes, you can't boil that down to consumer vs. money focus. I don't think that's a good way to characterize things. I also don't think you can say that Ps are more innovative than Js. I think NTs tend more towards innovation than other types on average but in different ways. Here are illustrative examples. An ENTJ might be more focused on the organization of the people (i.e., team) to align towards an organization's objectives. An ENTP may be more concerned about the product vision and what customers may want in the next five to ten years. An INTJ may be more focused on a long term strategy to capture a specific market and enacting a concrete set of actions to slowly but surely achieve them. If you want to implement change, STJs are often the best ones to have on your side because they tend to be organized and get shit done.

    In either case, there isn't anything stopping any type from doing what they want. It's a personality preference and not a life constraining box you're in.

    Quote Originally Posted by Sinshred View Post
    Yeah INTJ struggle at both point you can imagine INTJ want control but seem lack of power authority to control people because of this Introvert thing.
    I experienced this personally earlier in my career (or I felt that way anyway and was frustrated by it). Realize that a lot of executive management positions are filled by INTJs these days - at least in technology organizations, so it can be overcome.

    Please provide feedback on my Nohari and Johari Window by clicking here: Nohari/Johari

    Tri-type 639

Similar Threads

  1. What's the most "insane" personality type?
    By RaptorWizard in forum Myers-Briggs and Jungian Cognitive Functions
    Replies: 21
    Last Post: 12-09-2012, 11:00 PM
  2. What is the most "physically attractive" type?
    By Glycerine in forum The Fluff Zone
    Replies: 22
    Last Post: 03-17-2011, 10:55 PM
  3. [MBTItm] The most common MBTI type for any /b/tard or poster on 4chan.org is...
    By Nillerz in forum The NT Rationale (ENTP, INTP, ENTJ, INTJ)
    Replies: 51
    Last Post: 02-12-2010, 06:15 PM
  4. Are INTJs the most self-aware type?
    By mollyowens in forum Myers-Briggs and Jungian Cognitive Functions
    Replies: 104
    Last Post: 01-04-2010, 12:57 PM
  5. [MBTItm] Now the most emotionally stable type!
    By Cality in forum The NT Rationale (ENTP, INTP, ENTJ, INTJ)
    Replies: 161
    Last Post: 04-29-2009, 11:21 AM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
Single Sign On provided by vBSSO