• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

[NT] The most Rich NT type?

Sinshred

MBTI Type
INTJ
I was read an article that acclaim ENTJ is the riches among all NT (rational) even any type i think. Do you agree? What your reason then?

Standuble

They're decisive, logical, outgoing, willing to take action, organised, forward-thinking, can see the bigger picture, intelligent, pragmatic, level-headed and driven.

highlander

Administrator
Staff member
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
6w5
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
They're decisive, logical, outgoing, willing to take action, organised, forward-thinking, can see the bigger picture, intelligent, pragmatic, level-headed and driven.

Generally that's true. Those are good reasons.

I think culture may be shifting though.

Sinshred

MBTI Type
INTJ
yeah they have strong Te implemented with Ni, but what about other NT? So INTJ with Ni then Te couldnt make any challenge to ENTJ?
I think culture may be shifting though.
i dont understand. Do you mean somewhat like race?

highlander

Administrator
Staff member
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
6w5
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
yeah they have strong Te implemented with Ni, but what about other NT? So INTJ with Ni then Te couldnt make any challenge to ENTJ?

i dont understand. Do you mean somewhat like race?

Yeah - I'm actually saying there is a challenge. I think that, in the US anyway, in the past, there was more bias towards extraversion in business. However, that has been declining. I have a couple of theories:

1. Over the past 20 years, this personality type thing has actually come to be somewhat well disseminated and with that, a better appreciation that introversion is not an inferior way of being. The bias is still there but it is not near what it was in the past.

2. Written communication is more valued and important now than it was 20 years ago in business. Introverts tend to be drawn more towards writing and therefore are better at it. It used to be that people hardly communicated in writing. It was all meetings. This has changed slowly and steadily for the past 25 years. I'm a bit torn on this because extraverts are pretty proficient texters and IM'ers. Bottom line though is that I think that technology has leveled the playing field more.

I also think that the previous (almost exclusive) TJ executive management ranks has given a bit more to NTP STP types, who have strengths in dealing with changing conditions. The speed of change continues to increase.

Standuble

[MENTION=20358]Sinshred[/MENTION] As Highlander mentioned extroversion is favoured in business. But even then I can imagine many INTJs struggling by a) being awkward at networking or arranging business deals and b) Not getting out of their own heads enough to actualise their plans. I would think they make better small business owners or independent contractors.

Sinshred

MBTI Type
INTJ
Yeah - I'm actually saying there is a challenge. I think that, in the US anyway, in the past, there was more bias towards extraversion in business. However, that has been declining. I have a couple of theories:

1. Over the past 20 years, this personality type thing has actually come to be somewhat well disseminated and with that, a better appreciation that introversion is not an inferior way of being. The bias is still there but it is not near what it was in the past.

2. Written communication is more valued and important now than it was 20 years ago in business. Introverts tend to be drawn more towards writing and therefore are better at it. It used to be that people hardly communicated in writing. It was all meetings. This has changed slowly and steadily for the past 25 years. I'm a bit torn on this because extraverts are pretty proficient texters and IM'ers. Bottom line though is that I think that technology has leveled the playing field more.

I also think that the previous (almost exclusive) TJ executive management ranks has given a bit more to NTP STP types, who have strengths in dealing with changing conditions. The speed of change continues to increase.

So far im impressed to your determination. Thank
i got your point and i have question :
1. how far exactly Extravert and Introvert make differences toward success/rich/goal??
2. if trend has changing from old J (executive management) to new P (innovative), can i assume people F (consumer focus) can be upper hand from T (money focus)?
3. Bit out off case, can people adjust their type in right situation. Example : From Introvert become Extrovert when leading a meeting. Etc.

[MENTION=20358]Sinshred[/MENTION] As Highlander mentioned extroversion is favoured in business. But even then I can imagine many INTJs struggling by a) being awkward at networking or arranging business deals and b) Not getting out of their own heads enough to actualise their plans. I would think they make better small business owners or independent contractors.

Yeah INTJ struggle at both point you can imagine INTJ want control but seem lack of power authority to control people because of this Introvert thing.

Sorry my English bad, not my native language.

highlander

Administrator
Staff member
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
6w5
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
So far im impressed to your determination. Thank
i got your point and i have question :
1. how far exactly Extravert and Introvert make differences toward success/rich/goal??
2. if trend has changing from old J (executive management) to new P (innovative), can i assume people F (consumer focus) can be upper hand from T (money focus)?
3. Bit out off case, can people adjust their type in right situation. Example : From Introvert become Extrovert when leading a meeting. Etc.

First, you can't adjust your type. However, you can act outgoing while being an introvert. It's just more draining while for the extravert, it is energizing. As far as F vs. T goes, you can't boil that down to consumer vs. money focus. I don't think that's a good way to characterize things. I also don't think you can say that Ps are more innovative than Js. I think NTs tend more towards innovation than other types on average but in different ways. Here are illustrative examples. An ENTJ might be more focused on the organization of the people (i.e., team) to align towards an organization's objectives. An ENTP may be more concerned about the product vision and what customers may want in the next five to ten years. An INTJ may be more focused on a long term strategy to capture a specific market and enacting a concrete set of actions to slowly but surely achieve them. If you want to implement change, STJs are often the best ones to have on your side because they tend to be organized and get shit done.

In either case, there isn't anything stopping any type from doing what they want. It's a personality preference and not a life constraining box you're in.

Yeah INTJ struggle at both point you can imagine INTJ want control but seem lack of power authority to control people because of this Introvert thing.

I experienced this personally earlier in my career (or I felt that way anyway and was frustrated by it). Realize that a lot of executive management positions are filled by INTJs these days - at least in technology organizations, so it can be overcome.