User Tag List

First 5678917 Last

MBTI
    ENFP

I thought this exact topic has been argued many times before and everytime people came to the same conclusion that:

1) F = Subjective view of the world.
    2) T = Objective view of the world.

The above two lines alone make total sense to me, maybe its because of the ENFPS obviously superior Ne (j/k). What I get from it is that Feelers prefer to evaluate every situation based on value judgements (usually beliefs on how people should be treated in certain situations) and Thinkers will be more objective in trying to say that this is what happened then this and only this should logically occur. Thinkers are more out to find the objective truth, you know truth with a big T.

It has been pointed out before, you need both to function in this world. Most mature personalities are able to develop both to and them very well together.

MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram
    9w1
    Socionics
    INFj None

Is it maybe that Thinkers are more task (and it doesn't have to be concrete tasks) oriented and Feelers are more people oriented (and it doesn't have to be altruistic)?
    “There are two novels that can change a bookish fourteen-year old’s life: The Lord of the Rings and Atlas Shrugged. One is a childish fantasy that often engenders a lifelong obsession with its unbelievable heroes, leading to an emotionally stunted, socially crippled adulthood, unable to deal with the real world. The other, of course, involves orcs.”
    ~ John Rogers

MBTI
    ENTJ
    Enneagram
    8w9 sp/sx
    Socionics
    LIE

Quote Originally Posted by cafe View Post
    Is it maybe that Thinkers are more task (and it doesn't have to be concrete tasks) oriented and Feelers are more people oriented (and it doesn't have to be altruistic)?
    yes
    but, what are you referring to ?
    I N V I C T U S

MBTI
    ENFP

This whole debunking thing can not be logical since MBTI in of it self is based on self reports and observation, which in and of its self can only be subjective to the reporter.

It is possible to construct a logical argument without facts but that logical argument is only going to be logical from a subjective standpoint.

MBTI
    ABCD
    Enneagram
    4 sx/so
    Socionics
    SEI

Quote Originally Posted by http://www.knowyourtype.com/feeling.html
    Feeling (F)

Key words:
    personal • value • warm • tenderhearted

People who have a preference for feeling judgment are concerned with whether decisions and actions are worthwhile. More personal in approach, feeling types believe they can make the best decisions by weighing what people care about and the points-of-view of persons involved in a situation.

Feeling types are concerned with personal values and with making decisions based on a ranking of greater to lesser importance—what is the best for the people involved. The feeling function places high value on relatedness between people, and feeling types are often concerned with establishing or maintaining harmony in their relationships. As they use and develop their feeling function, feeling types often come to appear caring, warm, and tactful. Remember, in type language, feeling does not mean being "emotional;" rather, it is a way of reasoning.
    Quote Originally Posted by http://www.knowyourtype.com/thinking.html

Thinking (T)

Key words:
    impersonal • truth • cool • tough-minded

People who have a preference for thinking judgment are concerned with determining the objective truth in a situation. More impersonal in approach, thinking types believe they can make the best decisions by removing personal concerns that may lead to biased analyses and decision making.

Thinking types seek to act based on the truth in a situation, a truth or principle that is independent of what they or others might want to believe or wish was true. The thinking function is concerned with logical consistency and analysis of cause and effect. As they use and develop their thinking function, thinking types often come to appear analytical, cool, and tough-minded.
    "To find beauty in loss, hope in darkness."

MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram
    9w1
    Socionics
    INFj None

Quote Originally Posted by AvereX View Post
    yes
    but, what are you referring to ?
    I guess I don't really believe anyone of any type can be truly objective, so to divide types between objective and subjective seems inaccurate to me. I think it's more accurate to say that Thinkers are task oriented while Feelers are people oriented.

However, if you said that Thinkers value objectivity while Feelers value subjectivity, I think I could accept that.
    “There are two novels that can change a bookish fourteen-year old’s life: The Lord of the Rings and Atlas Shrugged. One is a childish fantasy that often engenders a lifelong obsession with its unbelievable heroes, leading to an emotionally stunted, socially crippled adulthood, unable to deal with the real world. The other, of course, involves orcs.”
    ~ John Rogers

MBTI
    ENTJ
    Enneagram
    8w9 sp/sx
    Socionics
    LIE

I guess I don't really believe anyone of any type can be truly objective, so to divide types between objective and subjective seems inaccurate to me. I think it's more accurate to say that Thinkers are task oriented while Feelers are people oriented.

However, if you said that Thinkers value objectivity while Feelers value subjectivity, I think I could accept that.
    DING DING DING
    I N V I C T U S

MBTI
    ENTJ
    Enneagram
    8w9 sp/sx
    Socionics
    LIE

*Joins Sunshine in Laughter*
    HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA
    MooHAHAHAHA
    I N V I C T U S

MBTI
    ENFP

Quote Originally Posted by Sunshine View Post
    Ever think about how even T types make decisions based on subjectivity? I mean you're not going with what IS the most logical, you're going with what is the most logical IN YOUR OPINION.

In the end EVERYTHING is sujective. MUAHAHAHAHAHA.
    touche salesman...touche

Definitely. I believe that this was even a question on a MBTI test somewhere (I do not recall which one).

On the main subject, though, I am surprised how many people are ganging up on BlueWing. Yes, it may have the potential of sounding a little biased and prejudiced against F types, but there are some valid points.
    "The mathematician's patterns, like the painter's or the poet's must be beautiful; the ideas like the colours or the words, must fit together in a harmonious way. Beauty is the first test: there is no permanent place in the world for ugly mathematics..." - G.H. Hardy

"Another roof, another proof." - Paul Erdős

INTJ (I = 100, N = 100, T = 88, J = 43)
    Solitary/Idiosyncratic, 5w6 sp/sx
    RL(x)EI (RlxE|I|)- Inquisitive Dominant
    Reserved Idealist
    ILI-Ni/INTp