User Tag List

First 2345614 Last

MBTI
    INXP

for bluewing

*squeezes*
    http://badges.mypersonality.info/badge/0/6/68764.png
    Ti Ne Fi Ni

-How beautiful, this pale Endymion hour.
    -What are you talking about?
    -Endymion, my dear. A beautiful youth possessed by the moon.
    -Well, forget about him and get to bed.
    -Yes, my dear.

MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    7w8

Aw, no! Don't go mushy on me! I want combat! for BlueWing!

MBTI
    ERTP

Follow up on Bin Laden.

Why don't you include this as a footnote in your OP, Bluewing?

More on this thread later.
    best collection of philosopher typings online

http://www.celebritytypes.com/philosophers/

`~~Philosoflying~~` SillySapienne's Avatar
    MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    4w5

Quote Originally Posted by phoenix13 View Post
    Ha! So, what you're saying is: I'm pissed. Here's a box. Let's put Fs in it.

Well, against your will, I'll reply at your level: Screw you ! All intps are lame, cold heartless bastards. You're all inferior to my master social manipulations, and are thus worthless. QED.

Note: That was not representative of my true feelings which can only be described as happy or sad and thus good or bad because I only make decisions based on emotions, as that's all I'm capable of. Where's my box?! Oh, here it is *hops in*
    `
    'Cause you can't handle me...

"A lie is a lie even if everyone believes it. The truth is the truth even if nobody believes it." - David Stevens

"That that is, is. That that is not, is not. Is that it? It is."

Veritatem dies aperit

Ride si sapis

Intelligentle sparkles

MBTI
    ESTP
    Enneagram
    6w5
    Socionics
    SLE

Quote Originally Posted by Eileen View Post
    Well, okay. It's not (in itself) an argument to understand the motivation that someone has while making an argument. That information cannot itself discount facts. But I read this "argument" of Bluewing's here and, like you (Orangey), note that the "red" paragraph seems bizarre and illogical and (like Jennifer) note that BW is somehow presenting Bin Laden as the posterchild for NF communication. More interesting to me (an NF?) is what it is that he's trying to accomplish here. I typed out a paragraph similar to yours re: the argument regarding color, but it seemed so illogical that I didn't feel that it was even necessary to tear it down because it's so apparently flawed. What's more interesting to me is WHY Bluewing would make such a strange argument.

Bluewing doesn't want this type of conversation in his thread at all, as he has explicitly stated. I suppose what he wants is for everybody to contribute to why NFs are a bunch of assholes? I'm not entirely sure.

Edit: contribute "logically" of course. Make sure all examples make sense. Please model them after the argument regarding the red wall.
    Yes, it does seem as though he wants to provoke people more than actually "argue" the point. He made a similar thread somewhere else (I'm too lazy to link to it at the moment). I just don't think that it proves much of anything to keep on saying that he's just "frustrated with an F in his life".
    Artes, Scientia, Veritasiness

Tenured roisterer SolitaryWalker's Avatar
    MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    5w6 so/sx

Quote Originally Posted by Orangey View Post
    Yes, it does seem as though he wants to provoke people more than actually "argue" the point. He made a similar thread somewhere else (I'm too lazy to link to it at the moment). I just don't think that it proves much of anything to keep on saying that he's just "frustrated with an F in his life".
    No! No! It is a matter of feel! Don't know exactly, but you're wrong! I am feeling tired, maybe now I'm not in the mood, but if I wasn't right it wouldn't be so hard to explain why you're not!

You ought to feel this way, just trust me I know what I am talking about, nothing great has been done in the world without passion!
    "Do not argue with an idiot. They drag you down to their level and beat you with experience." -- Mark Twain

“No man but a blockhead ever wrote, except for money.”---Samuel Johnson

My blog: www.randommeanderings123.blogspot.com/

MBTI
    ESTP
    Enneagram
    6w5
    Socionics
    SLE

Quote Originally Posted by BlueWing View Post
    Because Feeling is entangled in our personal preferrences which easily deludes us into thinking that things are the way we wish they were.
    If this is true, then we must all be deluded because we all have a feeling function (even if it's not preferred). Or are you saying that it's the degree to which one is a feeler that affects the level of perception distortion?

Permabanned
    MBTI
    ExTJ

There are several similar thread on these forums, though from a year or so ago.

MBTI
    ESTP
    Enneagram
    6w5
    Socionics
    SLE

Quote Originally Posted by BlueWing View Post
    No! No! It is a matter of feel! Don't know exactly, but you're wrong! I am feeling tired, maybe now I'm not in the mood, but if I wasn't right it wouldn't be so hard to explain why you're not!

You ought to feel this way, just trust me I know what I am talking about, nothing great has been done in the world without passion!
    While I do enjoy the theatrics, I'm still not convinced that the feeling function alone (or at all) is responsible for what you're illustrating. That just seems like pure emotion (and laziness). The decisions that the feeling function would be responsible for fundamentally elide logical justification. Take aesthetic preference as an example. How am I supposed to logically justify why I don't prefer Dadaism? I can't, and it isn't appropriate to that type of decision anyway.

MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    7w8

While I do enjoy the theatrics, I'm still not convinced that the feeling function alone (or at all) is responsible for what you're illustrating. That just seems like pure emotion (and laziness). The decisions that the feeling function would be responsible for fundamentally elide logical justification. Take aesthetic preference as an example. How am I supposed to logically justify why I don't prefer Dadaism? I can't, and it isn't appropriate to that type of decision anyway.
    Here is the heart of cognitive process appreciation. It is not appropriate to use feeling to evaluate the empirical formula of a monosaccharide just as it is not appropriate to use impersonal reasoning to nurse a broken soul back to health. As Oprah would say, both are valuable and you need both to function in this world.