User Tag List

First 2345614 Last

Results 31 to 40 of 234

  1. #31
    seor member colmena's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    MBTI
    INXP
    Posts
    1,550

    Default



    for bluewing

    *squeezes*
    http://badges.mypersonality.info/badge/0/6/68764.png
    Ti Ne Fi Ni

    -How beautiful, this pale Endymion hour.
    -What are you talking about?
    -Endymion, my dear. A beautiful youth possessed by the moon.
    -Well, forget about him and get to bed.
    -Yes, my dear.

  2. #32
    almost half a doctor phoenix13's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    7w8
    Posts
    1,313

    Default

    Aw, no! Don't go mushy on me! I want combat! for BlueWing!

  3. #33
    Senior Member Blackwater's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2007
    MBTI
    ERTP
    Posts
    454

    Default

    Follow up on Bin Laden.

    Why don't you include this as a footnote in your OP, Bluewing?

    More on this thread later.
    best collection of philosopher typings online

    http://www.celebritytypes.com/philosophers/

  4. #34
    `~~Philosoflying~~` SillySapienne's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    4w5
    Posts
    9,849

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by phoenix13 View Post
    Ha! So, what you're saying is: I'm pissed. Here's a box. Let's put Fs in it.

    Well, against your will, I'll reply at your level: Screw you ! All intps are lame, cold heartless bastards. You're all inferior to my master social manipulations, and are thus worthless. QED.

    Note: That was not representative of my true feelings which can only be described as happy or sad and thus good or bad because I only make decisions based on emotions, as that's all I'm capable of. Where's my box?! Oh, here it is *hops in*
    `
    'Cause you can't handle me...

    "A lie is a lie even if everyone believes it. The truth is the truth even if nobody believes it." - David Stevens

    "That that is, is. That that is not, is not. Is that it? It is."

    Veritatem dies aperit

    Ride si sapis

    Intelligentle sparkles

  5. #35
    Blah Orangey's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    MBTI
    ESTP
    Enneagram
    6w5
    Socionics
    SLE
    Posts
    6,364

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Eileen View Post
    Well, okay. It's not (in itself) an argument to understand the motivation that someone has while making an argument. That information cannot itself discount facts. But I read this "argument" of Bluewing's here and, like you (Orangey), note that the "red" paragraph seems bizarre and illogical and (like Jennifer) note that BW is somehow presenting Bin Laden as the posterchild for NF communication. More interesting to me (an NF?) is what it is that he's trying to accomplish here. I typed out a paragraph similar to yours re: the argument regarding color, but it seemed so illogical that I didn't feel that it was even necessary to tear it down because it's so apparently flawed. What's more interesting to me is WHY Bluewing would make such a strange argument.

    Bluewing doesn't want this type of conversation in his thread at all, as he has explicitly stated. I suppose what he wants is for everybody to contribute to why NFs are a bunch of assholes? I'm not entirely sure.

    Edit: contribute "logically" of course. Make sure all examples make sense. Please model them after the argument regarding the red wall.
    Yes, it does seem as though he wants to provoke people more than actually "argue" the point. He made a similar thread somewhere else (I'm too lazy to link to it at the moment). I just don't think that it proves much of anything to keep on saying that he's just "frustrated with an F in his life".
    Artes, Scientia, Veritasiness

  6. #36
    Tenured roisterer SolitaryWalker's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    5w6 so/sx
    Posts
    3,467

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Orangey View Post
    Yes, it does seem as though he wants to provoke people more than actually "argue" the point. He made a similar thread somewhere else (I'm too lazy to link to it at the moment). I just don't think that it proves much of anything to keep on saying that he's just "frustrated with an F in his life".
    No! No! It is a matter of feel! Don't know exactly, but you're wrong! I am feeling tired, maybe now I'm not in the mood, but if I wasn't right it wouldn't be so hard to explain why you're not!

    You ought to feel this way, just trust me I know what I am talking about, nothing great has been done in the world without passion!
    "Do not argue with an idiot. They drag you down to their level and beat you with experience." -- Mark Twain

    “No man but a blockhead ever wrote, except for money.”---Samuel Johnson

    My blog: www.randommeanderings123.blogspot.com/

  7. #37
    Blah Orangey's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    MBTI
    ESTP
    Enneagram
    6w5
    Socionics
    SLE
    Posts
    6,364

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by BlueWing View Post
    Because Feeling is entangled in our personal preferrences which easily deludes us into thinking that things are the way we wish they were.
    If this is true, then we must all be deluded because we all have a feeling function (even if it's not preferred). Or are you saying that it's the degree to which one is a feeler that affects the level of perception distortion?
    Artes, Scientia, Veritasiness

  8. #38
    Permabanned
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    MBTI
    ExTJ
    Posts
    1,377

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Orangey View Post
    Yes, it does seem as though he wants to provoke people more than actually "argue" the point. He made a similar thread somewhere else (I'm too lazy to link to it at the moment). I just don't think that it proves much of anything to keep on saying that he's just "frustrated with an F in his life".
    There are several similar thread on these forums, though from a year or so ago.

  9. #39
    Blah Orangey's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    MBTI
    ESTP
    Enneagram
    6w5
    Socionics
    SLE
    Posts
    6,364

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by BlueWing View Post
    No! No! It is a matter of feel! Don't know exactly, but you're wrong! I am feeling tired, maybe now I'm not in the mood, but if I wasn't right it wouldn't be so hard to explain why you're not!

    You ought to feel this way, just trust me I know what I am talking about, nothing great has been done in the world without passion!
    While I do enjoy the theatrics, I'm still not convinced that the feeling function alone (or at all) is responsible for what you're illustrating. That just seems like pure emotion (and laziness). The decisions that the feeling function would be responsible for fundamentally elide logical justification. Take aesthetic preference as an example. How am I supposed to logically justify why I don't prefer Dadaism? I can't, and it isn't appropriate to that type of decision anyway.
    Artes, Scientia, Veritasiness

  10. #40
    almost half a doctor phoenix13's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    7w8
    Posts
    1,313

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Orangey View Post
    While I do enjoy the theatrics, I'm still not convinced that the feeling function alone (or at all) is responsible for what you're illustrating. That just seems like pure emotion (and laziness). The decisions that the feeling function would be responsible for fundamentally elide logical justification. Take aesthetic preference as an example. How am I supposed to logically justify why I don't prefer Dadaism? I can't, and it isn't appropriate to that type of decision anyway.
    Here is the heart of cognitive process appreciation. It is not appropriate to use feeling to evaluate the empirical formula of a monosaccharide just as it is not appropriate to use impersonal reasoning to nurse a broken soul back to health. As Oprah would say, both are valuable and you need both to function in this world.

Similar Threads

  1. My bro, such a mystery... NT or NF?
    By Cality in forum What's my Type?
    Replies: 17
    Last Post: 06-27-2008, 04:17 AM
  2. Physicists have 'solved' mystery of levitation
    By Sparky in forum Science, Technology, and Future Tech
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 09-04-2007, 03:43 AM
  3. let the mystery be unravelled....
    By mystery in forum Welcomes and Introductions
    Replies: 41
    Last Post: 08-01-2007, 04:02 PM
  4. Geoff's pictures : Sunset amidst prehistory and mystery
    By Geoff in forum Arts & Entertainment
    Replies: 8
    Last Post: 06-18-2007, 06:43 AM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
Single Sign On provided by vBSSO