Permabanned
    MBTI
    xkcd
    Enneagram
    9w1 sx/sp
    Socionics
    INT_

Quote Originally Posted by Magic Poriferan View Post
    it seems more like you're just using every method in the book to convince yourself, and possible even others, that you're right.
    That's really not the same as seeking to learn.

If I'm right about this, then you are making a mistake characteristic of one of your functions. No, not Thinking. I mean Intuiting. You have the idea that you just spring up in your head, and then you devise "reasoning", and do "observations", that really serves no other aim then to confirm what you've already thought of. Freud was one of the worst perpatrators of this.

If you are really seeking to learn, then you're supposed to let the debating process build the idea. Not whip up the idea, and then go through the whole debating process defending and pushing it. That would be persuasion, not learning.

You're complaining about what are effectively the subjective qualities of Feeling, but you forget that while Feeling is the subjective mode of judgement, Intuition is the subjective mode of perception, and you are succumbing to the worst kind of Intuitive subjectivity.
    INTJ

(An immature one, just to make sure I don't offend the cool INTJs. Immature INTPs have their problems too, but usually not like this.)

MBTI
    INTP

Quote Originally Posted by prplchknz View Post
    I'm enjoying this freak show actually
    i enjoy the freak shows that bw puts on as well. they are a good lesson in how to annoy people.

bluewing: i'm right and none of you sniveling shitheads, especially the feeling types, can prove me wrong due to your inferior thinking skills.

everyone else: uh huh, but did you take into account the...

bluewing: no no, i did take that into account you just did not read far enough into my explaination due to your lesser thinking ability as defined by myers and briggs.

everyone else: so what you're saying you are correct just by the fact that you're you?

bluewing: in effect, yes.

everyone else: i see. that doesn't seem very logical to all of us.

bluewing: my logic is on a whole other level due to my emotional detachment from the subject and is therefore more correct than any of yours. if you ever hope to achieve this level of correctness then you need to rise to my level of emotionlessness. once at this level you will cease to be anyone's friend, people will not like you, you will not like people and you will never form a smile ever.

everyone else: i see. you know your arguments would get a more positive response if you acted a little more... respectful.

bluewing: being "nice" or "respectful" would interfere with my thinking ability and thus i cannot act nice in any way, shape or form. it would bring me down to everyone else's level and i just cannot handle being in that pit with you people.

everyone else: we give up.

bluewing: i am right and therefore you all suck.

*repeat again in six months*

✿ڿڰۣஇღ♥ wut ♥ღஇڿڰۣ✿ digesthisickness's Avatar
    MBTI
    ENTP

there are a lot of stupid people in the world. a lot. people who want someone to tell them how to think and act. people who eat it up with a spoon when someone tells them what they already suspected is true, right or wrong, and do it in a seemingly scientific way.

having said that, i call dibs on every quote in this thread in case his book takes off. i like making money too.
    ✻ღϠ₡ღ✻
    (¯`✻´¯)
    `*.¸.*'ღϠ₡ღஇڿڰۣ
    •.¸¸. Ƹ̵̡Ӝ̵̨̄Ʒჱܓ. இڿڰۣ.¸¸.இڿڰۣ´¯`·.─♥

Cerebral Artery
    http://www.facebook.com/CerebralArtery

MBTI
    nnnn

What book did he write anyway?

MBTI
    FREE
    Enneagram
    594 sx/sp
    Socionics
    LII Ne

Quote Originally Posted by BlueWing
    I win, you loose. End of story!
    "yes, magic!

You stole fizzy lifting drinks!
    You forced my oompa loompas to clean the rotunda ceilings with their tongues!
    So you! Get! Nothing!
    You LOOSE!!!!!!"

yessss.... yess, that's right, my dark padawan... feel the illogic and anger flow through you. you are powerful! Give into it! Does it not feel good to give into the dark F????

I call you: DARKWING!

bwa ha ha
    bwa ha ha
    bwa ha ha

"Hey Capa -- We're only stardust." ~ "Sunshine"

“Pleasure to me is wonder—the unexplored, the unexpected, the thing that is hidden and the changeless thing that lurks behind superficial mutability. To trace the remote in the immediate; the eternal in the ephemeral; the past in the present; the infinite in the finite; these are to me the springs of delight and beauty.” ~ H.P. Lovecraft

MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    5/8
    Socionics
    ENTp None

What an appropriate ending.

An ironic twist of the scalpel. Apparently, the exploratory surgery wasn't necessary at all...!

^He pronks, too! Magic Poriferan's Avatar
    MBTI
    Yin
    Enneagram
    One sx/sp

I don't know what to say to all of this. I'm really at something of a loss. I don't think one could say I broke BlueWing, but I don't what to call what has happened.

Regardless of the reasoning or intent behind what he is doing, he has clearly failed. BlueWing espoused a lot of garbage about knowing what is right, but by any measure I can think of, BlueWing has clearly done wrong. It's one of what might add up to over a hundred ironies of this thread.

I understand why a number of people want this thread to die. In fact, I would understand if people didn't want to see another BlueWing thread. I don't want to seem like a jerk, but at this point, I really feel like he's just a total failure. I feel like I'm a real INTP and he's an imposter, and that I actually know something about the cognitive functions while he's a flunked student.

BlueWing has been on this site longer than I have, so I remember him from the start. He rubbed me the wrong way with his unecessary complexity and his smug attitude, but I saw potential value in him, because he seemed intelligent at least, if a little a misguided. But now I say to hell with him. He has demonstrated himself to be of little value. Not as intelligent as I had thought, and far more misguided that I orgiinally guessed.

And what the hell is the deal with him saying I'm his favorite INTP over and over again? There's presumably some kind of snide joke here, but I can't figure it out.
    Go to sleep, iguana.

MBTI
    INFP

Come on, Magic... don't take it personally. Don't be mean. He is obviously in a bad state right now.

I agree vehemently that this thread should be locked immediately. (But who am I?)

MBTI
    FREE
    Enneagram
    594 sx/sp
    Socionics
    LII Ne

Actually, I'm having trouble telling how much of DarkWing's meltdown was serious and how much was a purposeful farce.

Honestly.

Some of it feels pretty tongue-in-cheek.

But I note a lot of F types are taking it seriously and straight-forwardly.
    Which would probably please him.
    "Hey Capa -- We're only stardust." ~ "Sunshine"

“Pleasure to me is wonder—the unexplored, the unexpected, the thing that is hidden and the changeless thing that lurks behind superficial mutability. To trace the remote in the immediate; the eternal in the ephemeral; the past in the present; the infinite in the finite; these are to me the springs of delight and beauty.” ~ H.P. Lovecraft