User Tag List

First 111920212223 Last

Results 201 to 210 of 234

  1. #201
    Tenured roisterer SolitaryWalker's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    5w6 so/sx
    Posts
    3,467

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Magic Poriferan View Post
    I'd be the last person to say that truth was a matter of giving into popular sentiment. That has nothing to do with my point about learnng through the process of debate. It has nothing to do with my point about going too far to confirm your own beliefs.

    I'm disgusted by your sarcastic floundering. It is indicative of someone who is defeated and denies defeat.
    Debate requires you make your decision based on what is true. Not based on what people like. The more ideas is challenged, the more it be tested.

    So far the only offer I had to renounce the earlier views was that people had a strong Feeling against them, hardly anything was stated by way of supporting those Feelings with argument.

    Next time an evangelist rolls up my PORCH and screams GOD EXISTS!!!!!!! GOD EXISTS!!!!!!! GOD EXISTS!!!!!!! GOD EXISTS!!!!!!! GOD EXISTS!!!!!!! GOD EXISTS!!!!!!! GOD EXISTS!!!!!!!

    I will proceed to analyze the matter..he carries on...in the same vein..GOD EXISTS!!!!!!! GOD EXISTS!!!!!!! GOD EXISTS!!!!!!! GOD EXISTS!!!!!!! GOD EXISTS!!!!!!! GOD EXISTS!!!!!!! GOD EXISTS!!!!!!! GOD EXISTS!!!!!!!

    I shall fall to my knees in my humble adoration to embrace Jesus Christ!

    Oh yes dont forget! Debate is strictly about WINNING! That is, about making sure that whoever dare read the writings thinks you 'won' whatever that means. What good is truth if it doesnt help your popularity after discussion! Again, just like Edahn's groundshaking 'dirty secret' discovery, this I should not have been so stupid as to doubt! Another reason you're my favorite INTP! And I intend to WIN, WIN and WIN THIS!

    So far, I have failed! I have failed to convince myself that I was right..just like I will have failed to convince the Evangelist! The public opinion and the view of the other person in discussion shall always be my court of Justice!

    I hereby declare that this is not the 'WORST' kind of subjectivity! Dont ask me how. Thats just bottom line!
    "Do not argue with an idiot. They drag you down to their level and beat you with experience." -- Mark Twain

    “No man but a blockhead ever wrote, except for money.”---Samuel Johnson

    My blog: www.randommeanderings123.blogspot.com/

  2. #202
    ^He pronks, too! Magic Poriferan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    MBTI
    Yin
    Enneagram
    One sx/sp
    Posts
    13,905

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by BlueWing View Post
    Debate requires you make your decision based on what is true. Not based on what people like. The more ideas is challenged, the more it be tested.
    Yes... That's right. I would not make descisions based on what people like. Most people here have concluded that you have miserably failed to understand what is right. They too, use reasoning, and critical analysis, and logic to combat you. Plurality isn't everything, it's not even much, but it does account for something. If a large group of people, including people you know should be skilled with logic and possesing of large educations, tell you that you are wrong, all for the same reasons... you might want to consider that they're right. Just consider it.

    Consistency, repetition, plurality... You do understand pragmatic learning, don't you? Empiricism?

    Quote Originally Posted by BlueWing View Post
    So far the only offer I had to renounce the earlier views was that people had a strong Feeling against them, hardly anything was stated by way of supporting those Feelings with argument.
    That was strangely phrased. I don't think I follow.

    Quote Originally Posted by BlueWing View Post
    Oh yes dont forget! Debate is strictly about WINNING! That is, about making sure that whoever dare read the writings thinks you 'won' whatever that means. What good is truth if it doesnt help your popularity after discussion!
    Again, you are making these comments and the wrong person. I don't believe debates are about winning at all. In fact, not so long ago, I got into a debate with someone that eventually, suddenly declared himself the winner, and scrapped the whole thing. It was incredibly aggrivating and lame. It was informative.

    I'm amazed that you can't see how poorly you are arguin right now. What do you think this sarcasm is getting you? Or these strawmen arguments? You certianly don't seem to be learning anything. You seem to be guilty of all the things you are mocking. All of them.

    You're failing to prove evidence.

    You're using false arguments.

    You're expressing oodles and oodles of emotion.

    You seem to be more interested in triumphing over this debate than actually learning anything.
    Go to sleep, iguana.


    _________________________________
    INTP. Type 1>6>5. sx/sp.
    Live and let live will just amount to might makes right

  3. #203
    Tenured roisterer SolitaryWalker's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    5w6 so/sx
    Posts
    3,467

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Magic Poriferan View Post
    Yes... That's right. I would not make descisions based on what people like..
    The two statements together dont sound strange to you I presume. Indeed, it truly does not matter what most people 'concluded' as you never woudl dare do such a thing as make a decision based on what people like! Hey..just not the right feel..maybe it will be right when I wake up and it all shall come together!

    Quote Originally Posted by Magic Poriferan View Post
    Most people here have concluded that you have miserably failed to understand what is right.ore interested in triumphing over this debate than actually learning anything.
    Quote Originally Posted by Magic Poriferan View Post
    They too, use reasoning, and critical analysis, and logic to combat you..
    Yes, to combat me! This sounds HOT! And I tell YOU! I AM GOING TO WIN THIS YET! YOU WILL BE SORRY YOU EVER DISAGREED WITH ME! EVERYONE WILL THINK I AM RIGHT! AND I THEN WILL GO ON TO SAY ...NO NO! I WOULD NEVER MAKE A DECISION BASED ON WHAT OTHER PEOPLE LIKE, WHAT THEY AGREE OR DISAGREE WITH JUST DOESNT MATTER! You're wrong MAGIC! In the name of the HEAVENLY GATES I REBUKE YOU! You only FEEL most people here have concluded I am wrong, but let me tell you something you ARE WRONG! Most people FEEL YOU ARE, YOU ARE USING ALL THE RESOURCES IN THE WORLD TO CONVINCE YOURSELF MOST PEOPLE DONT DISAGREE WITH YOU, SO YOU CAN WIN! But the game is over I win, They all agreed with me before even reading!


    Quote Originally Posted by Magic Poriferan View Post
    Plurality isn't everything, it's not even much, but it does account for something. If a large group of people, including people you know should be skilled with logic and possesing of large educations, tell you that you are wrong, all for the same reasons... you might want to consider that they're right. Just consider it. ..
    Yes, YES! Absolutely. Logic and pursuit of IDEAS are a VERY democratic process! And truth changes according to what we vote for it to be. 2000 YEARS ago the Earth was flat! Now its round. This isnt a contradiction (Hey WTF, thats only logic), but only our Feelings have changed!


    Quote Originally Posted by Magic Poriferan View Post
    Consistency, repetition, plurality... You do understand pragmatic learning, don't you? Empiricism?..
    Feel, devotion, I am right, I win, sky is purple, I wake up..PHILOSOPHY...you do understand the leaning?







    Quote Originally Posted by Magic Poriferan View Post
    Again, you are making these comments and the wrong person. I don't believe debates are about winning at all. In fact, not so long ago, I got into a debate with someone that eventually, suddenly declared himself the winner, and scrapped the whole thing. It was incredibly aggrivating and lame. It was informative.?..
    No they are not about Winning! They're just about 'combating' with logic, reasoning and critical analysis!

    Quote Originally Posted by Magic Poriferan View Post
    I'm amazed that you can't see how poorly you are arguin right now. What do you think this sarcasm is getting you? Or these strawmen arguments? You certianly don't seem to be learning anything. You seem to be guilty of all the things you are mocking. All of them. .?..
    Oh Gosh! You're absolutely right! My sky has turned Magic in your honor!

    Quote Originally Posted by Magic Poriferan View Post
    You're failing to prove evidence.

    You're using false arguments..?..
    You are still my favorite INTP!

    Quote Originally Posted by Magic Poriferan View Post
    Plurality isn't everything, it's not even much, but it does account for something. If a large group of people, including people you know should be skilled with logic and possesing of large educations, tell you that you are wrong, all for the same reasons... you might want to consider that they're right. Just consider it. .
    Yes, yes! Absolutely. Plurality isnt everything, not even much! But in the name of the lord, it must make you think the right answer is the one majority sides with! This is how much 'isnt much!'



    Quote Originally Posted by Magic Poriferan View Post
    You seem to be more interested in triumphing over this debate than actually learning anything.
    Oh hell yes!

    I am amazed you cant see how poorly you are arguing right now! Cant you see it was a bad idea to 'combat' me in the first place!? How didnt you know everyone was on my side to begin with!?

    Hey no matter what, I know that I win! If I start to feel you may be right and I am wrong, I'll just scrap the whole thing and declare I won! Since most people here like me better than you they will agree with me. So by general consensus, I win, you loose. End of story! You knew this was going to happen, why even start?
    "Do not argue with an idiot. They drag you down to their level and beat you with experience." -- Mark Twain

    “No man but a blockhead ever wrote, except for money.”---Samuel Johnson

    My blog: www.randommeanderings123.blogspot.com/

  4. #204
    ^He pronks, too! Magic Poriferan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    MBTI
    Yin
    Enneagram
    One sx/sp
    Posts
    13,905

    Default

    Oy. You're pretty much totally failing to address me or what I say. You are only responding to things I didn't explicitly say and obviously didn't mean.
    Go to sleep, iguana.


    _________________________________
    INTP. Type 1>6>5. sx/sp.
    Live and let live will just amount to might makes right

  5. #205
    Tenured roisterer SolitaryWalker's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    5w6 so/sx
    Posts
    3,467

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Magic Poriferan View Post
    Oy. You're pretty much totally failing to address me or what I say. You are only responding to things I didn't explicitly say and obviously didn't mean.
    I had a FEEL THERE WERE MANY THINGS YOU DIDNT obviously mean! My bad..I should have looked more carefully! I will be reading your posts again to make sure I finally get it! Maybe I can hope to be as well agreed with as you when I am through! Wait..didnt I just say everyone agrees with me already!? AHHHH..err....doesnt feel right..I feel tired..UHHHH..

    Whatever..anyway...I worship you..you're my favorite INTP! Hope to be enlightened by you again.

    Good night my dear sir,

    BW!
    "Do not argue with an idiot. They drag you down to their level and beat you with experience." -- Mark Twain

    “No man but a blockhead ever wrote, except for money.”---Samuel Johnson

    My blog: www.randommeanderings123.blogspot.com/

  6. #206
    ^He pronks, too! Magic Poriferan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    MBTI
    Yin
    Enneagram
    One sx/sp
    Posts
    13,905

    Default

    I don't intend to talk to you again unless you're going to cease that silly act.
    Go to sleep, iguana.


    _________________________________
    INTP. Type 1>6>5. sx/sp.
    Live and let live will just amount to might makes right

  7. #207
    Senior Member ThatsWhatHeSaid's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2007
    MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    5w4
    Posts
    7,233

    Default

    What. The. Fuck. Happened. Here.

  8. #208
    Don't Judge Me! Haphazard's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    MBTI
    ENFJ
    Posts
    6,707

    Default

    MP, I think you broke Blue.

    Does anybody have any krazy glue? I hear you can still reattach the brain if you get it on ice quick enough.
    -Carefully taking sips from the Fire Hose of Knowledge

  9. #209
    seor member colmena's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    MBTI
    INXP
    Posts
    1,550

    Default

    I wonder what Spinoza would say.
    http://badges.mypersonality.info/badge/0/6/68764.png
    Ti Ne Fi Ni

    -How beautiful, this pale Endymion hour.
    -What are you talking about?
    -Endymion, my dear. A beautiful youth possessed by the moon.
    -Well, forget about him and get to bed.
    -Yes, my dear.

  10. #210
    mrs disregard's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    MBTI
    INFP
    Posts
    7,855

    Default

    Can't we just close this freakshow?

Similar Threads

  1. My bro, such a mystery... NT or NF?
    By Cality in forum What's my Type?
    Replies: 17
    Last Post: 06-27-2008, 04:17 AM
  2. Physicists have 'solved' mystery of levitation
    By Sparky in forum Science, Technology, and Future Tech
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 09-04-2007, 03:43 AM
  3. let the mystery be unravelled....
    By mystery in forum Welcomes and Introductions
    Replies: 41
    Last Post: 08-01-2007, 04:02 PM
  4. Geoff's pictures : Sunset amidst prehistory and mystery
    By Geoff in forum Arts & Entertainment
    Replies: 8
    Last Post: 06-18-2007, 06:43 AM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
Single Sign On provided by vBSSO