First 123412 Last

MBTI
    FREE
    Enneagram
    594 sx/sp
    Socionics
    LII Ne

Quote Originally Posted by BlueWing View Post
    This is the reason I asked you to stop posting here. It is a sign of immaturity to express your principles in clear, definite terms? Interesting... Another reason I ask you refrain from posting here.
    Sorry, chuck. You wanted to diatribe, then you leave yourself wide open to rebuttal. Any T knows that and accepts it.

Badgering, sleight of hand, bullying, and whatever else you have stored in your bag of tricks doesn't behoove a mature T. Let's discuss your post instead, shall we?

Your response again is a kneejerk one... coming more out of your feelings than your logic.

Bin Laden had nothing to do with the message. The message was all about speaking 'jibberish'.
    One large problem with T's is that, when young, they do not dig into their feelings enough to realize when their feelings impact their "T" style statements.

Now, as I said, you could have picked myriad examples to convey the idea that you could not understand what a person was saying. Instead, you chose one of the most notable and publicly despised global terrorists (from an American POV). Step outside your framework, and see what you DIDN'T select. You didn't even have to post a video trailer. But you did.

Drama queen. Seriously. You wanted to lash out at people you're upset with, and you wanted to make a splash.

And it's only the most obvious example in your diatribe.

A lot of your post is coming from unresolvable frustration with the F people in your life; but you seem to run from that thought, because it's emotional and unsettling, and instead use your stronger T sense to weave some sort of disguise for it so that you can actually articulate it without being ashamed that you too have values and deep-seated emotions.

I have explained this in great detail. Jibberish is a term used to depict Fs failing to give logical structure to the thoughts they express. Is jibberish an exaggeration an inaccurate term to depict logically inconsistent statements? I do not think so, as arguments that are logically inconsistent are unsound by definition. They are simply non-sense. In order to make sense of them we need to restructure the argument and purge the logical inconsistencies.
    Rationalizations. See above. You reveal more about your inner workings by what you did NOT choose, rather than necessarily the path you did.
    "Hey Capa -- We're only stardust." ~ "Sunshine"

“Pleasure to me is wonder—the unexplored, the unexpected, the thing that is hidden and the changeless thing that lurks behind superficial mutability. To trace the remote in the immediate; the eternal in the ephemeral; the past in the present; the infinite in the finite; these are to me the springs of delight and beauty.” ~ H.P. Lovecraft

MBTI
    ESTP
    Enneagram
    6w5
    Socionics
    SLE

Quote Originally Posted by Owl View Post
    Only if the conclusion is inconsistent with the premises. If the premises themselves are inconsistent then the argument is trivially sound because there is no instance where such an argument can have (all) true premises, and a sound argument is defined as an argument such that if the premises are true, then the conclusion cannot be false.

No, it is trivially valid, not sound. Soundness is when an argument is valid and has true premises.

Artes, Scientia, Veritasiness

MBTI
    INTJ

Bin Laden had nothing to do with the message. The message was all about speaking 'jibberish'.

I have explained this in great detail. Jibberish is a term used to depict Fs failing to give logical structure to the thoughts they express. Is jibberish an exaggeration an inaccurate term to depict logically inconsistent statements? I do not think so, as arguments that are logically inconsistent are unsound by definition. They are simply non-sense. In order to make sense of them we need to restructure the argument and purge the logical inconsistencies.
    Hello BW (& BW ),

I have to say I agree with Jennifer that the Bin Laden injection is an expression of feeling, that feeling being your contemptuous frustration with Feelers. I acknowledge that the injection also contains a wry humorous element, but the feeling is expressed nevertheless through the comparison. Emotional content doesn't go away just because you're oblivious to it. (I should know. :blushing (Blackwater, wouldn't Foucault back me up here?)

I'd add that I actually sympathize with much of your OP, BlueWing, but I don't want to rub you the wrong way by expressing empty agreement, thereby implying that I expect you to respond to it on an emotional level.

Just FYI I'm off for tonight but I'll be back tomorrow.

MBTI
    ESTP
    Enneagram
    6w5
    Socionics
    SLE

Quote Originally Posted by Jennifer View Post
    A lot of your post is coming from unresolvable frustration with the F people in your life; but you seem to run from that thought, because it's emotional and unsettling, and instead use your stronger T sense to weave some sort of disguise for it so that you can actually articulate it without being ashamed that you too have values and deep-seated emotions.
    Speculation as to his psychological motivations for making the original post can only function as a tool to discredit the OP personally. Even if if were true that this stems from "frustration with the F people" in his life, it would have no bearing on the arguments he presented in his first post. Just saying.
    Artes, Scientia, Veritasiness

Tenured roisterer SolitaryWalker's Avatar
    MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    5w6 so/sx

Quote Originally Posted by Orangey View Post
    Speculation as to his psychological motivations for making the original post can only function as a tool to discredit the OP personally. Even if if were true that this stems from "frustration with the F people" in his life, it would have no bearing on the arguments he presented in his first post. Just saying.
    This is why I dont want Fs posting here. They, like Jennifer arent interested in ideas and arguments that back them up, only in personal motivations of people who propound them.
    "Do not argue with an idiot. They drag you down to their level and beat you with experience." -- Mark Twain

“No man but a blockhead ever wrote, except for money.”---Samuel Johnson

My blog: www.randommeanderings123.blogspot.com/

MBTI
    INxJ

You know feelers function a certain way. Other thinkers know it as well. That's obvious given they operate from a completely different cognitive function. It's your subjective opinion that they're negative. This really comes off as an emotional (dislike) thread against feelers. Thinkers aren't superior to feelers. If feelers didn't exist, the entire world would be a completely different place. A less colorful place.

I won't pretend to understand the motivations or actions of a feeler, but I appreciate that they exist. I admire their passion and depth of emotion. Feelings are not a weakness. The exception is if negative action accompanies it.

Tenured roisterer SolitaryWalker's Avatar
    MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    5w6 so/sx

Read more carefully.

Quote Originally Posted by Minako-bot View Post
    I won't pretend to understand the motivations or actions of a feeler, but I appreciate that they exist. I admire their passion and depth of emotion. Feelings are not a weakness. The exception is if negative action accompanies it.
    That is all great stuff, my problem with them is that they dont express their values clearly and dont stick to them. Tired of saying this over and over again...
    "Do not argue with an idiot. They drag you down to their level and beat you with experience." -- Mark Twain

“No man but a blockhead ever wrote, except for money.”---Samuel Johnson

My blog: www.randommeanderings123.blogspot.com/

MBTI
    INXP

I finally pluck up the courage to read a BlueWing post, and this is what I get.

I wish you'd just called them a bunch of cocks.

The irony is too much.

*runs away crying*
    http://badges.mypersonality.info/badge/0/6/68764.png
    Ti Ne Fi Ni

-How beautiful, this pale Endymion hour.
    -What are you talking about?
    -Endymion, my dear. A beautiful youth possessed by the moon.
    -Well, forget about him and get to bed.
    -Yes, my dear.

MBTI
    INxJ

That is all great stuff, my problem with them is that they dont express their values clearly and dont stick to them. Tired of saying this over and over again...
    Do you think that is true of every single one of them? I'm just curious.

MBTI
    nnnn

I refer you back to my last post, BlueWing.