User Tag List

First 8910111220 Last

Quote Originally Posted by BlueWing View Post
    I am okay with whatever values they have (which often is compassion and the great fruit this yields) as long as they are able to state this clearly and stay consistent.
    So you would be much more comfortable if they were robots. Never changing or evolving from the experiences of life and new insights they perceive. Is that what your saying?

MBTI
    ESTP
    Enneagram
    6w5
    Socionics
    SLE

Quote Originally Posted by Sunshine View Post
    What do you mean by the bolded? Simply that T's have more power?
    Nope, that's not what I mean at all. What I'm saying is that a defensive reaction implies, on its own, that they do. It's like if someone criticizes thinking types for being too cold, and the thinkers react defensively by saying that thinking is just as personal and compassionate as feeling (while of course retaining its positive logical side). This would imply that feeling is the superior function.
    Artes, Scientia, Veritasiness

`~~Philosoflying~~` SillySapienne's Avatar
    MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    4w5

Quote Originally Posted by Orangey View Post
    Nope, that's not what I mean at all. What I'm saying is that a defensive reaction implies, on its own, that they do. It's like if someone criticizes thinking types for being too cold, and the thinkers react defensively by saying that thinking is just as personal and compassionate as feeling (while of course retaining its positive logical side). This would imply that feeling is the superior function.
    Wouldn't the defensive replies, on their own, imply that the ones who are being defensive may be insecure, themselves.

Also, when one defends a point, that does not always translate to one being defensive.
    `
    'Cause you can't handle me...

"A lie is a lie even if everyone believes it. The truth is the truth even if nobody believes it." - David Stevens

"That that is, is. That that is not, is not. Is that it? It is."

Veritatem dies aperit

Ride si sapis

Intelligentle sparkles

MBTI
    ABCD
    Enneagram
    4 sx/so
    Socionics
    SEI

Oh lol no.

Feeling types are just more sensitve and take things more personally.
    That and...well....come on now you read BlueWing's post....

Wait a minute! Ok THIS is it. Thinking isn't copassionate. Feeling isn't logical. It's the people that are. It's always the people. If you're a T you won't automatically lack compassion (of course) and if you're an F you won't automatically lack logic (of course). But everybody uses both T and F, just differently and to a different degree.

Lol so you're telling me that if I say "Thinking is not superior" therefore it is superior becaue I'm defensive about it? That makes no sense. Whether I respond or not doesn't change the fact that neither T nor F is superior.
    "To find beauty in loss, hope in darkness."

MBTI
    ESTP
    Enneagram
    6w5
    Socionics
    SLE

Quote Originally Posted by CaptainChick View Post
    Also, when one defends a point, that does not always translate to one being defensive.
    No, you're correct to say this. I only mean that IF one defends feeling as being "equally rational", using rational in the everyday sense of the term in order to put feeling on equal footing with logic validity-wise, then it automatically implies that thinking is the superior function. In reality, though, I haven't seen many "F" types defend themselves in such a way, so what I'm saying has nothing really to do with the current thread, and it therefore sets up a kind-of straw man.

^He pronks, too! Magic Poriferan's Avatar
    MBTI
    Yin
    Enneagram
    One sx/sp

I foolishly walked into this thread well after it collected several pages.
    Upon entering it's premises, I paused, and then exlclaimed "eeeeuwww!" as I began to realize what large quantities of wrong I just stepped in.

BlueWing is obviously the primary spewer of this wrong, but honestly, a lot of responders have thrown in their own couple of puddles.

As someone with virtually tied Ti and Fi, I feel really compelled to give my own analysis of situations like these, but I feel that it has already become too much of a mess to try cleaning.

Just maybe, if I have the grit in my craw, I will start a new thread based on some of the thought processes that this has initiated.
    Go to sleep, iguana.

MBTI
    ESTP
    Enneagram
    6w5
    Socionics
    SLE

Feeling types are just more sensitve and take things more personally.
    That and...well....come on now you read BlueWing's post....
    I'm sure he definitely intended to inflame people.

MBTI
    ABCD
    Enneagram
    4 sx/so
    Socionics
    SEI

I'm sure he definitely intended to inflame people.
    Nah I dunno what he wanted to do.
    I assumed he was just frustrated and he was just venting. Also trying to bring to the light things he felt were wrong in the world. Ways of thinking that were harmful. I think he wants us to understand the importance of an objective view and sticking with principles.

MBTI
    ABCD
    Enneagram
    4 sx/so
    Socionics
    SEI

No, you're correct to say this. I only mean that IF one defends feeling as being "equally rational", using rational in the everyday sense of the term in order to put feeling on equal footing with logic validity-wise, then it automatically implies that thinking is the superior function. In reality, though, I haven't seen many "F" types defend themselves in such a way, so what I'm saying has nothing really to do with the current thread, and it therefore sets up a kind-of straw man.
    Ohhhhh. That explanation was more clear. I gotcha now. I wasn't really getting what you were saying before.

MBTI
    ESTP
    Enneagram
    6w5
    Socionics
    SLE

Ohhhhh. That explanation was more clear. I gotcha now. I wasn't really getting what you were saying before.