• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

[INTJ] INTJ Type 4

chubber

failed poetry slam career
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
4w5
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
I seem to get INTJ type 4w5 sp, sometimes I get type 9. So I'm now unsure if I am even INTJ. Is it even possible for for INTJ to be type 4?

According to this: http://www.9types.com/descr/4/

- being able to easily pick up the feelings of people around me

Isn't that ironic? How about the other INTJs, what is your view of it?

Haven

Blind Guardian
MBTI Type
ESFJ
Enneagram
2w3
Instinctual Variant
so/sp
4s are the most emotional type in the enneagram, next to 2s. Intjs are less emotional than most in the mbti. It doesn't seem likely to me. The 5 wing takes away some of the flair, but emotion reigns.

chubber

MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
4w5
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
Yeah I guess, I got myself in a weird situation here. I'm stumped. Perhaps this is part of the reason why, I find myself so... odd. Type 4 is individualistic. So I thought it was ok and never thought anything of it until someone else, [MENTION=13402]Saturned[/MENTION], pointed it out.

Amargith

Hotel California
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
4dw
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
Its not unheard of. We had a member with this type on the forum before.

He differed from other intjs in being slightly more warm and sensitive, a bit more moody, as mysterious as the 5s here and less confrontational and dutybound as well as less confident, more hesitant, and more aware of his flaws than most intjs here which seem to be mostly 6s

Sadly, i didnt know him that well so i didnt get a peek inside as such.

I do know the average intj is plenty warm under the NiTe veneer, once their work is done or on break and can be quite empathetic once they get a handle on Fi so it aint that far fetched.

R

Riva

Fireshield initially typed himself as an e4 but then got to realize he is an e1 and then became absolutely certain of it like an intj usually would. If later became clear to most that was indeed an e1. He was definitely e1 intj. So think long and hard before typing yourself as an e4.

Why not 5w4? Maybe you are a moody 5w4. Infact 5w4s are moody.

chubber

MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
4w5
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
Well for some reason I keep getting e4, sometimes e9. Isn't 5w4 reserved for INTPs? My TriType is 514, that 1 barely made it and it could have been a 9. Seems like it is impossible for a TriType of 594 to exist.

R

Riva

If you keep getting e4 your tritype should be 415 or 451, not 514. No 5w4 isn't reserved for intps. There are a lot of inj 5w4s.

chubber

MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
4w5
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
If you keep getting e4 your tritype should be 415 or 451, not 514. No 5w4 isn't reserved for intps. There are quite a lot of inj 5w4s.

So isn't the order head, heart, gut?

head would be 5,6,7
gut would be 8,9,1
heart would be 2,3,4

Perhaps I misunderstood it.

Either way, 145, 451, 514 = The Researcher according to http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Tritype

PimpinMcBoltage

Enneagram
It seems like INTJ would probably be the most likely to be a be a 4 with a thinking type. Besides there is no less emotional or most emotional type out there. T > F doesn't count for how sensitive you are. Feeling determines how you determine what is valuable, what is agreeable and what isn't either of these things. Introverted Irrationals in general are touchy if you want to go functional.

chubber

MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
4w5
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
touchy like HAN-S?
Massage-bot_wall%E2%80%A2e.png

Elfboy

Certified Sausage Smoker
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
If you keep getting e4 your tritype should be 415 or 451, not 514. No 5w4 isn't reserved for intps. There are a lot of inj 5w4s.

it's not that simple. I score high on 8 and 4, but I have neither either as a wing or a fix

Animal

So carnal it's spiritual
MBTI Type
SeFi
Enneagram
I always score at 8 and 5 on the tests. Have been doing so on almost every test for 12 years.

My first fix is 8 but my core is 4 and my head-fix is 7. and I'm pretty sure my wing is 3.

Chad of the OttomanEmpire

Give me a fourth dot.
MBTI Type
NeTi
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
I'm a 4w5, and I've recently become aware that I'm undeniably Ne-dom.

It's bad enough that I'm an "extroverted" 4w5 (yes, those are quotation marks of suspicion and irony), but worse I'm not even sure about my Ji anymore. I just assumed that as a 4w5 I should be Fi-dom, but when I study the actual process, that's clearly not what's going on. People tell me my worldview is very Fi (which it is)...yet I'm at a loss to explain all the Ti stuff I do, including the whole "I suck at Fe" sense.

I was certain there were MBTI-Enneagram correlations, but now I'm rethinking that. Maybe they really DO measure different things. (I'm definitely a 4, btw).

Bottom line is, T and F are not indications of how "emotional" you are. They are poorly named and refer to decision making processes rather than emotionality per se. Thinkers are not necessarily "out of touch" with their emotions; feelers are not necessarily more "in touch" (I doubt a low-average Fe-dom 3w2 would necessarily be hugely in touch with his/her true feelings, for instance). So, I don't see why an INTJ 4 cannot exist.

PS-- [MENTION=20044]chubber[/MENTION] I suck at picking up on the feelings around me (except as part of a group phenomenon, usually only when I'm orchestrating that group.) I'm too self-involved for that. One of the many reasons I mistyped for so long. Anyway, if you're also considering 9, do be advised that they are also generally considered MBTI "feelers" and are often more receptive than 4s.

Southern Kross

Away with the fairies
MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
4w5
Instinctual Variant
so/sp
I'm sure the combination is possible but in reality it's more likely that either your enneatype or MBTI is incorrect.

chubber

MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
4w5
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
I'm a 4w5, and I've recently become aware that I'm undeniably Ne-dom.

It's bad enough that I'm an "extroverted" 4w5 (yes, those are quotation marks of suspicion and irony), but worse I'm not even sure about my Ji anymore. I just assumed that as a 4w5 I should be Fi-dom, but when I study the actual process, that's clearly not what's going on. People tell me my worldview is very Fi (which it is)...yet I'm at a loss to explain all the Ti stuff I do, including the whole "I suck at Fe" sense.

I was certain there were MBTI-Enneagram correlations, but now I'm rethinking that. Maybe they really DO measure different things. (I'm definitely a 4, btw).

Bottom line is, T and F are not indications of how "emotional" you are. They are poorly named and refer to decision making processes rather than emotionality per se. Thinkers are not necessarily "out of touch" with their emotions; feelers are not necessarily more "in touch" (I doubt a low-average Fe-dom 3w2 would necessarily be hugely in touch with his/her true feelings, for instance). So, I don't see why an INTJ 4 cannot exist.

PS-- [MENTION=20044]chubber[/MENTION] I suck at picking up on the feelings around me (except as part of a group phenomenon, usually only when I'm orchestrating that group.) I'm too self-involved for that. One of the many reasons I mistyped for so long. Anyway, if you're also considering 9, do be advised that they are also generally considered MBTI "feelers" and are often more receptive than 4s.

Thanks for that.

I'm sure the combination is possible but in reality it's more likely that either your enneatype or MBTI is incorrect.

If you could take a guess, what would you lean towards?

chubber

MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
4w5
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
I'm welcome to suggestions :)

Azure Flame

Permabanned
MBTI Type
ESTP
Enneagram
8w7
I seem to get INTJ type 4w5 sp, sometimes I get type 9. So I'm now unsure if I am even INTJ. Is it even possible for for INTJ to be type 4?

According to this: http://www.9types.com/descr/4/

- being able to easily pick up the feelings of people around me

Isn't that ironic? How about the other INTJs, what is your view of it?

Enneagram 4's are scared of being insignificant, and thus, put on a big display to show how special they are.

With regard to INTJ, it fits in quite well, actually. Ni dominants often view the world as one big time lapse. its as if they see the mountains forming, the civilizations coming and going... INTJ's are the number one type to plan their own funeral.

So, when all of this large scale thinking is set in place, its easy to forget how any one person could ever be significant. It also plays into the fear of inadequacy of E5 quite easily, and worthlessness of E3.

I've heard of INTJ 4's, but I'd first look into Enneagram 1 or INFJ before going there.

chubber

MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
4w5
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
Its not unheard of. We had a member with this type on the forum before.

He differed from other intjs in being slightly more warm and sensitive, a bit more moody, as mysterious as the 5s here and less confrontational and dutybound as well as less confident, more hesitant, and more aware of his flaws than most intjs here which seem to be mostly 6s

Sadly, i didnt know him that well so i didnt get a peek inside as such.

I do know the average intj is plenty warm under the NiTe veneer, once their work is done or on break and can be quite empathetic once they get a handle on Fi so it aint that far fetched.
Do you think INFJ would suite me? I'm not sure about me having Fe. Maybe I am INTP undercover :D

Fireshield initially typed himself as an e4 but then got to realize he is an e1 and then became absolutely certain of it like an intj usually would. If later became clear to most that was indeed an e1. He was definitely e1 intj. So think long and hard before typing yourself as an e4.

Why not 5w4? Maybe you are a moody 5w4. Infact 5w4s are moody.

Moody? hmmm.... yeah I have a level of perfectionism in me.

PSTypes Enneagram Test Results

The Distribution of Your Scores

Type One: 30
Type Two: 3
Type Three: 13
Type Four: 34
Type Five: 31
Type Six: 23
Type Seven: 18
Type Eight: 18
Type Nine: 29
Your probable Enneagram Type

Your main type is 4.
Considering the wings you should be a 4w5.

Amargith

Hotel California
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
4dw
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
Id look into 6w7 for you. It is a common intj type and well...a hunch. I dont doubt you have 4 in your tritype though.

And my interactions with you so far are indicate Intj for sure. A softer, more playful one than im used to but the dynamic is still stereotypical, imho