User Tag List

First 234

Thread: INTJ Type 4

MBTI
    ESTJ
    Enneagram
    1w2 so/sp

Quote Originally Posted by chubber View Post
    I seem to get INTJ type 4w5 sp, sometimes I get type 9. So I'm now unsure if I am even INTJ. Is it even possible for for INTJ to be type 4?
    I think Roger Waters is an INTJ 4w5.
    1w2-6w5-3w2 so/sp

"I took one those personality tests. It came back negative." - Dan Mintz

MBTI
    ESTP
    Enneagram
    8w7 sx/sp
    Socionics
    SLE Se

Quote Originally Posted by PimpinMcBoltage View Post
    It seems like INTJ would probably be the most likely to be a be a 4 with a thinking type. Besides there is no less emotional or most emotional type out there. T > F doesn't count for how sensitive you are. Feeling determines how you determine what is valuable, what is agreeable and what isn't either of these things. Introverted Irrationals in general are touchy if you want to go functional.
    Amen.

Quote Originally Posted by Southern Kross View Post
    I'm sure the combination is possible but in reality it's more likely that either your enneatype or MBTI is incorrect.
    Mediocre stereotypical thinking.

Quote Originally Posted by highlander View Post
    That's what I would say.
    Idem. Why is it so hard to understand people don't come in neat little boxes which fit into common expectations?

Any MBTI + Ennegram combination is possible.

Quote Originally Posted by SD45T-2 View Post
    I think Roger Waters is an INTJ 4w5.
    Me too.

MBTI
    INTJ

I'm INTJ 5w4. But I've always been prone to artistic faggotry - much more so than all other INTJ's I've met.
    Listen to me, baby, you got to understand, you're old enough to learn the makings of a man.

Quote Originally Posted by Look Alive_Sunshine View Post
    Any MBTI + Ennegram combination is possible.
    But some simply contradict each other. People are not combinations of types; they just are. So if you have to combine widely different types from MBTI and Enneagram to construct a proper description of yourself, chances are you are neither of these types, but rather some other type, or none at all.

MBTI
    ESTP
    Enneagram
    8w7 sx/sp
    Socionics
    SLE Se

Quote Originally Posted by Nicodemus View Post
    But some simply contradict each other. People are not combinations of types; they just are. So if you have to combine widely different types from MBTI and Enneagram to construct a proper description of yourself, chances are you are neither of these types, but rather some other type, or none at all.
    How would they contradic each other when they come from completely different systems built to make sense of completely different internal process?

Ennegram= core values, motivations, emotional responses
    MBTI= mental processes and behavior

Of course people aren't combinations of type, they have different Ennegram + MBTI combinations.

Apparentely you haven't met any complex individuals or any walking contradiction in your life so far. Doesn't mean they don't exist. In fact, these type of forums probably wouldn't exist if everybody was conveniently easy to analize and put into a box with a label on it.

Some warped logic you have here.

Senior Member Misty_Mountain_Rose's Avatar
    MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    4w5

Calb, I think you already found the thread I posted (a long time ago now) with the same question. The combination didn't make sense to me at the time, but it does now. There was another INTJ woman on the forum back then that I talked with about it a little. She and I seemed to have a very similar method of interpreting the world around us.

Don't try to FIT yourself into a combination that you think makes sense. We are what we are, and the more self exploration you do, the more comfortable you will be with yourself. Remember that the whole point of the Enneagram is to "learn" to use the best parts (and understand the bad parts) of all the types. The order you encounter them in depends on which direction you are "moving". All that being said, I am in a good place in my mind and in my life, so I guess I am a pretty "healthy" (and emotionally aware) INTJ 4w5. The director in my IT department recently told me that I have a unique combination of technical and soft skills that makes people want to follow my lead. I thought it was interesting (and rewarding) considering how often I used to piss people off or put my foot in my mouth. Anyway, here is what I have discovered about the extreme ends of my personality...

Unhealthy traits, when I was at my worst:
    Controlling
    Selfish
    Angry but unwilling to admit it
    Depressive/obsessive
    Wrote lots of dark poetry with exaggerated emotional intensity
    Felt extremely alone
    Cajoled (and disrespected) anyone who liked anything pop culture people, music, etc
    Was unable to focus on big picture choices... And consequently made a series of "reactive" (and feeling based) decisions back to back, each one compounding the anxiety that I felt making my situation and outlook worse each time.
    Engaged in highly sensate activities like drinking, over eating, etc
    Repeatedly asked "The Universe" when it would finally be my time to be happy, like there was some kind of cosmic scorekeeper who ought to know that I had paid my dues and deserved better.
    Used my skills in debate to crush people who disagreed with me, like they shouldn't be so stupid as to argue with me because I was ALWAYS right.
    Shut out everyone who was close to me

Current Traits:
    Have learned patience
    Value other opinions as a learning opportunity
    Use pop culture references to build connections with others (May be a bit calculated, since I don't always love or even like the things being discussed, but I willingly partake and refrain from tearing things I don't like apart, verbally. In my head I still might.)
    Practice small talk, but still find it nearly excruciating. I have mastered the appearance of taking interest in people's lives, even when I could care less about what they are making for dinner or how funny their cat is. I found that sometimes I learn neat things that ultimately do build a genuine bond with a person... It just takes weeding through the fluff to find it. It's a bit like tending a garden until a flower blooms lol.
    I have much less of an ego than I used to have.
    Emotional highs and lows are less frequent, and I can recognize (and redirect them) when I get moody.
    I am aware of how others are feeling in a way that I never was before. Still terribly awkward at offering comfort, but I notice and do small things to make their life easier.
    I consciously try to motivate others and help them reach their goals.
    I still dislike physical contact with anyone who isn't my husband. (Who just happens to be the ENTJ mentioned in some of my last posts here a few years ago!)
    I have moved more to the wing 5 of my Enneagram type, behaving like the Achiever more frequently.

Not sure if any of this really helps you, but know that the combination is not only possible, but if used to improve yourself, it can be very rewarding.
    Embrace the possibilities.

MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    4w5

Quote Originally Posted by Azure Flame View Post
    Ni dominants often view the world as one big time lapse. its as if they see the mountains forming, the civilizations coming and going...
    Love this, it's perfect.

MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    4w5

Quote Originally Posted by calb View Post
    I guess I am 4w5. But how would feeling-thinking-instinctive line up with INTJ?
    The other people who posted this are correct... They measure two different aspects of your personality. I have always thought of the INTJ part of me as the bouncer at the door, managing my interactions with the world, and the 4w5 part as the little child in me that needs protected. That part of me is scared, in a deep down "four-year-old who is terrified of thunderstorms" kind of way. "Inside me" is silly, creative, whimsical, pouty, selfish and whines a lot. "Outside me" is confident, intelligent, analytical, composed, polite but distant. It's a really interesting place inside my head lol