User Tag List

First 1234 Last

Thread: INTJ Type 4

Riva

The difference btw 5 and 4 - 5 being 31 and 4 being 34 - are minimal. So I would say 5 over 4 although the resuls say otherwise. I think you know by now that the results aren't the most accurate. However they do help you to get a general idea of who you are.

failed poetry slam career chubber's Avatar
    MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    5w4 sp/sx
    Socionics
    ILI Te

Quote Originally Posted by Amargith View Post
    Id look into 6w7 for you. It is a common intj type and well...a hunch. I dont doubt you have 4 in your tritype though.

And my interactions with you so far are indicate Intj for sure. A softer, more playful one than im used to but the dynamic is still stereotypical, imho
    What's Hard About Being a Six

the constant push and pull involved in trying to make up my mind
    procrastinating because of fear of failure; having little confidence in myself
    fearing being abandoned or taken advantage of
    exhausting myself by worrying and scanning for danger
    wishing I had a rule book at work so I could do everything right
    being too critical of myself when I haven't lived up to my expectations

Definitely rings true during a stage of my life. If it wasn't for my friend and mentor at work. I would probably still be beating myself up over things in the past.

Infinite Bubble

I get the impression you have Ne and Fe, so I would look into INTP further. Otherwise, INFJ might be right. Maybe even INFP?

Away with the fairies Southern Kross's Avatar
    MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    4w5 so/sp

Quote Originally Posted by chubber View Post
    If you could take a guess, what would you lean towards?
    I'd have to know more about you to give a meaningful guess, but it is common for people to be drawn to the romantic notion of being a 4. With MBTI the bias is about wanting to be Intuitive, but I would say ISTJs are even less likely to be type 4, so I don't imagine that's the problem.

One thing I suggest to people considering whether they're a 4 or not is to see if you really click with the rather negative aspects of the type. If you can look at the downsides and can see those unflattering traits deep down in yourself, then you're probably a 4. If you're only relating to the good stuff, then it's probably just wishful thinking. Take a look at this description (you have to scroll down to find it). It's a bit rough on 4w5s, but contains some harsh truths. And I would say that with type descriptions, it only hurts if it's true...

I would second what others have said, look into INFJ and 6 types. Many 6 descriptions sound unappealing at first glance (they don't tend to be written as well as other types), but give it some thought.
    INFP 4w5 so/sp

I've dreamt in my life dreams that have stayed with me ever after, and changed my ideas;
    they've gone through and through me, like wine through water, and altered the colour of my mind.

- Emily Bronte

MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    5w4 sp/sx
    Socionics
    ILI Te

Quote Originally Posted by Riva View Post
    The difference btw 5 and 4 - 5 being 31 and 4 being 34 - are minimal. So I would say 5 over 4 although the resuls say otherwise. I think you know by now that the results aren't the most accurate. However they do help you to get a general idea of who you are.
    Yeah, since I guess people change. I did get type 9 before.

Quote Originally Posted by Infinite Bubble View Post
    I get the impression you have Ne and Fe, so I would look into INTP further. Otherwise, INFJ might be right. Maybe even INFP?
    Could you perhaps point out why you think that I have Ne Fe instead of Ni Fi?

Quote Originally Posted by Southern Kross View Post
    I'd have to know more about you to give a meaningful guess, but it is common for people to be drawn to the romantic notion of being a 4. With MBTI the bias is about wanting to be Intuitive, but I would say ISTJs are even less likely to be type 4, so I don't imagine that's the problem.

One thing I suggest to people considering whether they're a 4 or not is to see if you really click with the rather negative aspects of the type. If you can look at the downsides and can see those unflattering traits deep down in yourself, then you're probably a 4. If you're only relating to the good stuff, then it's probably just wishful thinking. Take a look at this description (you have to scroll down to find it). It's a bit rough on 4w5s, but contains some harsh truths. And I would say that with type descriptions, it only hurts if it's true...

I would second what others have said, look into INFJ and 6 types. Many 6 descriptions sound unappealing at first glance (they don't tend to be written as well as other types), but give it some thought.
    Well at first when I read type 4, I was starting to laugh at the description and thought, oh boy, this is probably not me, but it stings in the end. Maybe it has something to do with that projection that I do. I guess I am 4w5. But how would feeling-thinking-instinctive line up with INTJ?

I read the part of type 6, it feels familiar, but I'm not entirely sure if that is me. The me right now. I'll read all of them and then take a test a few months later and see what I get then.

Infinite Bubble

Could you perhaps point out why you think that I have Ne Fe instead of Ni Fi?
    It's an impression, I can't rationalise it well with, you know, words. But I can tell because when someone "uses" a specific set of functions they come across a certain way. I even trawled through your old posts like a creepy stalker to check if my suspicions were correct and they were. I doubt you're an INTJ. Could be wrong, but still.

Type 9 seems possible too btw. Could even substitute 9 for Fe.

Hang on, how old are you? That could change things.

MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    5w4 sp/sx
    Socionics
    ILI Te

Quote Originally Posted by Infinite Bubble View Post
    It's an impression, I can't rationalise it well with, you know, words. But I can tell because when someone "uses" a specific set of functions they come across a certain way. I even trawled through your old posts like a creepy stalker to check if my suspicions were correct and they were. I doubt you're an INTJ. Could be wrong, but still.

Type 9 seems possible too btw. Could even substitute 9 for Fe.

Hang on, how old are you? That could change things.

Infinite Bubble

That makes it a tad more difficult since people become more well-rounded. I can give you some info to help with figuring out whether you are core heart, head or gut.

Heart core types have issues with self-image.
    Head core types have issues with anxiety.
    Gut core types have issues with anger.

Which one have you had the most trouble with, throughout your life?

MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    5w4 sp/sx
    Socionics
    ILI Te

I think it would be self-image - heart.

MBTI
    ISFP
    Enneagram
    4w5 sx/sp
    Socionics
    ESI Fi

I have this on, too, as an end to over a year's draconian elimination process that involved the research posters suggest and way too much more. When I first typed this way, I found it statistically loony and suspect as too tight of a fit to be true. Never told anybody that I was identifying as/discussing ISFP to pit it against another type in a Ni/Fi war. My understanding of Fi turned out to be quite unrefined, and I enjoy and respect Se, but use it symbolically rather than actively.

I understand this type as having the INTJ skeleton without the skin. Withdraws to shield exposed viscera. I talk and think more about the functions that evoke my problems and let be the ones that flow because those wheels don't squeak. Less confidence, but that's not type related. Other times, a frantic but ultimately passive urge to play breaks out (at least some weird and corny posts), yet sanity always returns. I gave up on wings and say there's a time for one, and there's a time for the other. 3x5.

Read, sniff out the best posters on the fuctions that interest you, and something will take shape. I repped you my guess; it's a cool one IMO.
    4w3 6w5 1w2 sx/sp ISFP

RLOAX (don't do it)
    Melancholic Hufflepuff
    A lonely island where only what is permitted to move moves, becomes an ideal. Jung

Kiss Kiss [johari] Bang Bang [nohari]