User Tag List

First 34567 Last

Results 41 to 50 of 63

  1. #41
    The High Priestess Amargith's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    MBTI
    Enfp
    Enneagram
    497 sx/so
    Socionics
    IEE Fi
    Posts
    14,657

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Coriolis View Post
    But that's the point: I cannot assume everyone wants to be treated as I would prefer, or values the same things I value. I need to ask instead how the other person wants to be treated, and that is often very difficult to discern.
    I know, but that is step 2 in the process and i did not want to overwelm him! First we get the intj to see the reason to put effort in caring; then we teach em how to tailor it to others. Patience, woman!
    ★ڿڰۣ✿ℒoѵℯ✿ڿڰۣ★





    "Harm none, do as ye will”

  2. #42
    Cheeseburgers freeeekyyy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    5w4 sx/sp
    Socionics
    ILI Te
    Posts
    1,387

    Default

    I used to ruin a lot of movies for people with my non-stop analysis; I've learned to do that in my head now, mostly. Also, to save it for after the movie is over. One thing that helped was being constantly reminded how annoying I was being...
    You lose.

    _______

    RCOEI
    Melancholic-Choleric
    Respectful Leader

    Johari Window|Nohari Window

  3. #43
    climb on Showbread's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2013
    MBTI
    ESFJ
    Enneagram
    3w2 so/sp
    Posts
    2,332

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by freeeekyyy View Post
    I used to ruin a lot of movies for people with my non-stop analysis; I've learned to do that in my head now, mostly. Also, to save it for after the movie is over. One thing that helped was being constantly reminded how annoying I was being...
    See, mine just gets offended if I tell her she's being annoying. Although, I believe exhausting was my word of choice... And in her defense, she does usually save it for the ned of the movie. Except when we watched Harry Potter. Ten minutes in we had to pause the movie so we could discuss "where the magic came from."
    Friends, waffles, work

    "The problem is, when you depend on a substitute for love, you can never get enough" - Louis Cozolino

    3w2 6w7 1w2
    *Gryffindor*


  4. #44
    Cheeseburgers freeeekyyy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    5w4 sx/sp
    Socionics
    ILI Te
    Posts
    1,387

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Showbread View Post
    Se,, mine just gets offended if I tell her she's being annoying. Although, I believe exhausting was my word of choice... And in her defense, she does usually save it for the ned of the movie. Except when we watched Harry Potter. Ten minutes in we had to pause the movie so we could discuss "where the magic came from."
    Well, of course, you have to do it in the right way. Always gentle. As much as they may deny it, INTJs are in some ways actually quite sensitive.
    You lose.

    _______

    RCOEI
    Melancholic-Choleric
    Respectful Leader

    Johari Window|Nohari Window

  5. #45

    Default

    Why is everything about INTJ's? What about ENTP's? :'(

  6. #46
    Nerd King Usurper Edgar's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    MBTI
    INTJ
    Posts
    4,209

    Default

    Can't speak for other INTJs, but to me the deciding factor is filmmaker's competence.

    Like for example, I appreciate The Three Stooges because its intent is slapstick humor and for the most part it's done quite brilliantly. But if I see a movie with shit editing or crappy sound I get severly vexed.
    Listen to me, baby, you got to understand, you're old enough to learn the makings of a man.

  7. #47
    failed poetry slam career chubber's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2013
    MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    5w4 sp/sx
    Socionics
    ILI Te
    Posts
    4,221

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Edgar View Post
    Can't speak for other INTJs, but to me the deciding factor is filmmaker's competence.

    Like for example, I appreciate The Three Stooges because its intent is slapstick humor and for the most part it's done quite brilliantly. But if I see a movie with shit editing or crappy sound I get severly vexed.
    Amen

  8. #48

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Edgar View Post
    Can't speak for other INTJs, but to me the deciding factor is filmmaker's competence.

    Like for example, I appreciate The Three Stooges because its intent is slapstick humor and for the most part it's done quite brilliantly. But if I see a movie with shit editing or crappy sound I get severly vexed.
    Keep in mind that serious movies that are just plain crappy and have bad sound and bad editing and bad actors can be just as funny as a high budget comedy!

  9. #49
    Cheeseburgers freeeekyyy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    5w4 sx/sp
    Socionics
    ILI Te
    Posts
    1,387

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by rogue350 View Post
    Why is everything about INTJ's? What about ENTP's? :'(
    Do you want to be known as a movie ruiner? Isn't it a good thing that people don't have a bunch of negative things to say about you?
    You lose.

    _______

    RCOEI
    Melancholic-Choleric
    Respectful Leader

    Johari Window|Nohari Window

  10. #50
    Cheeseburgers freeeekyyy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    5w4 sx/sp
    Socionics
    ILI Te
    Posts
    1,387

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by rogue350 View Post
    Keep in mind that serious movies that are just plain crappy and have bad sound and bad editing and bad actors can be just as funny as a high budget comedy!
    The Room. Enough said.
    You lose.

    _______

    RCOEI
    Melancholic-Choleric
    Respectful Leader

    Johari Window|Nohari Window

Similar Threads

  1. Do you think people fear INTJs? If so, why do you think this is the case?
    By Scapegoated 4 fun in forum Myers-Briggs and Jungian Cognitive Functions
    Replies: 41
    Last Post: 06-13-2017, 11:20 AM
  2. [INTJ] Is INTJ the most 'evil' type?
    By RaptorWizard in forum The NT Rationale (ENTP, INTP, ENTJ, INTJ)
    Replies: 54
    Last Post: 06-03-2016, 03:20 PM
  3. [INTJ] this is what happens when an INTJ gets bored
    By musicheck in forum The NT Rationale (ENTP, INTP, ENTJ, INTJ)
    Replies: 8
    Last Post: 05-17-2010, 12:16 AM
  4. hello, all...this is another INFP in the corner of his world
    By niki in forum Welcomes and Introductions
    Replies: 8
    Last Post: 09-18-2007, 06:32 AM
  5. This is why incest is against the law...
    By The Ü™ in forum The Bonfire
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 09-14-2007, 01:46 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
Single Sign On provided by vBSSO