User Tag List

First 23456 Last

MBTI
    ESFJ
    Enneagram
    3w2 so/sp

Quote Originally Posted by chubber View Post
    simple minded, I guess I used the wrong words, perhaps I should have said, popcorn movies, switch of brain and enjoy.
    I suppose I sometimes enjoy those movies. Usually I watch a sitcom instead when I'm in that type of mood. But for the most part I look for movies that make me feel something. I often love really tragic films as well. I watched Never Let Me Go with some friends a few years ago and everyone else hated it. I thought it was brilliant.
    Friends, waffles, work

"The problem is, when you depend on a substitute for love, you can never get enough" - Louis Cozolino

3w2 6w7 1w2
    *Gryffindor*

philosopher wood nymph greenfairy's Avatar
    MBTI
    iNfj
    Enneagram
    6w5 sx/sp

Quote Originally Posted by Showbread View Post
    I suppose I sometimes enjoy those movies. Usually I watch a sitcom instead when I'm in that type of mood. But for the most part I look for movies that make me feel something. I often love really tragic films as well. I watched Never Let Me Go with some friends a few years ago and everyone else hated it. I thought it was brilliant.
    I would have guessed ESFJ's would like Fe type things- romantic, inspirational, heart warming, things centered on human relationships. Probably thought provoking at times or educational, but not too intellectually intense. They probably like history a lot as well.

I'd think ESTJ's and ISTJ's would like historical films a lot, documentaries and characters behaving in traditional ways in cultures of the past. My XSTJ grandpa was in the war (though not in combat) and he likes watching things about WWII.

I'd say anything "classic" would appeal to an SJ.

My SJ grandparents also really like religious movies and books. Religion comprises about 75% of the media they expose themselves to. Not sure if this is representative.

MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram
    3w2 sx/sp
    Socionics
    INXp

Quote Originally Posted by greenfairy View Post
    I would have guessed ESFJ's would like Fe type things- romantic, inspirational, heart warming, things centered on human relationships. Probably thought provoking at times or educational, but not too intellectually intense. They probably like history a lot as well.

I'd think ESTJ's and ISTJ's would like historical films a lot, documentaries and characters behaving in traditional ways in cultures of the past. My XSTJ grandpa was in the war (though not in combat) and he likes watching things about WWII.

I'd say anything "classic" would appeal to an SJ.
    My ESFJ aunt will ONLY watch a movie if it's a rom-com. Come holidays and time to sit down and watch a movie as a family, I would want to watch something with substance, between she and my ISFP mother, we end up watching a rom-com. I hate it. Except last time I managed to get them to agree upon 500 Days of Summer. Love that film.

Riva

does this person do it in a negative way; complaining about the movie? could be a e6 if so.

MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    7w6 sx/so

I would have guessed ESFJ's would like Fe type things- romantic, inspirational, heart warming, things centered on human relationships. Probably thought provoking at times or educational, but not too intellectually intense.
    Hey this sounds like my taste in movies!

They probably like history a lot as well.
    Oh...
    7w6 - 2w3 - 8w7 sx/so

philosopher wood nymph greenfairy's Avatar
    MBTI
    iNfj
    Enneagram
    6w5 sx/sp

Quote Originally Posted by Chanaynay View Post
    Hey this sounds like my taste in movies!

Oh...
    You probably are more interested in human experience than relationships as such though. That seems to be Fi. Exploring characters and social issues, and characters' relation to issues. That would describe my ENFP sister's taste in movies. And silly comedies of course.
    Edit: relationships with the focus on the experience of them rather than the dynamics. I think all feelers like to think about relationships.

Do you not like history?

MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    7w6 sx/so

You probably are more interested in human experience than relationships as such though. That seems to be Fi. Exploring characters and social issues, and characters' relation to issues. That would describe my ENFP sister's taste in movies. And silly comedies of course.
    Edit: relationships with the focus on the experience of them rather than the dynamics. I think all feelers like to think about relationships.
    Oh, yeah you're definitely right about that. I do like romcoms, although I'm more concerned with how the characters respond to the story and their circumstances than the actual relationship stuff going on between them. A few favorites are He's Just Not That Into You, (500) Days of Summer, AI: Artificial Intelligence, Kiki's Delivery Service, Atonement, and Something Borrowed.

Do you not like history?
    It's not my favorite thing to watch? I don't mind a historical setting, I just don't like when the characters are portrayals of people that have actually existed. I like people I've never heard of before, and usually I prefer movies that take place in our current time just because it's easier to understand the characters that way since I just see them as regular people. I don't like spending my mental energy on trying to understand whatever time period they're in, what the living conditions are like, how the government works, etc and then seeing how the movies define the characters in terms of the system. Atonement is probably one of the only movies I like in a historical setting. I don't really mind unique settings though as long as it doesn't impede on my understanding of the characters. I think Kiki's Delivery Service is a good example of this. She's in a world where witches go out on their own at 13 to experience being an independent witch. She does witch-y things, but the movie is still mostly about Kiki as a person and how she learns from her experience, etc.
    7w6 - 2w3 - 8w7 sx/so

MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    5w6 sp/sx

Quote Originally Posted by Amargith View Post
    You take the time to realise you re working with a living being. And you ask yourself what kind of treatment you'd prefer - being objectified to fit into a box neatly, without being given a second thought, almost as on autopilot...or being given maybe a couple of minutes more thought and care, where an understanding can actually occur. Having the person actually *see* you, as such.
    But that's the point: I cannot assume everyone wants to be treated as I would prefer, or values the same things I value. I need to ask instead how the other person wants to be treated, and that is often very difficult to discern.
    I've been called a criminal, a terrorist, and a threat to the known universe. But everything you were told is a lie. The truth is, they've taken our freedom, our home, and our future. The time has come for all humanity to take a stand...

MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    8w9

Quote Originally Posted by Coriolis View Post
    But that's the point: I cannot assume everyone wants to be treated as I would prefer, or values the same things I value. I need to ask instead how the other person wants to be treated, and that is often very difficult to discern.
    Indeed. It's also tough to see things like...

Fat Cops
    Hot Miami Listings
    Various car shows from Discovery Velocity

....that my ENFJ puts on the DVR.
    I like to rock n' roll all night and *part* of every day. I usually have errands... I can only rock from like 1-3.

Stansmith

I prefer movies that are subtle, well-shot and meaningful on an emotional and/or philosophical level. Although I also enjoy movies like David Fincher's (Fight Club, Zodiac, etc.), Tarantino's (Pulp Fiction, Inglorious Basterds, etc.) and some Judd Apathow films (Superbad, This is The End, etc), which are usually more popcorn-y.