First 12345 Last

MBTI
    Enfp
    Enneagram
    497 sx/so
    Socionics
    IEE Fi

Quote Originally Posted by chubber View Post
    Talking from experience. I ask, what movie do you want to go watch? She says, World War Z. We go and watch it. She wasn't impressed much.

Later I switch on a comedy movie on the TV and she laughs her head off. But it was never something she would have picked out her self. But when I ask her, what movie do we go watch. Nope, it will be a action movie.

uhm, I might be demonstrating my sucky social skills That other one might be over my head for now.
    Cute.

The latter thing is something that NiTe does, ime. Look at something one second, strip it down to its essentials, place it in the appropriate box to categorise, NEXT! The thing is that if you do that with people and their behaviours, you are at risk of objectifying them and denying the parts that make them unique...which are kind of crucial in making proper judgements. Hence the prod

...you're a fun chew toy, btw
    ★ڿڰۣ✿ℒoѵℯ✿ڿڰۣ★

"Harm none, do as ye will”

failed poetry slam career chubber's Avatar
    MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    5w4 sp/sx
    Socionics
    ILI Te

Quote Originally Posted by Amargith View Post
    Cute.

The latter thing is something that NiTe does, ime. Look at something one second, strip it down to its essentials, place it in the appropriate box to categorise, NEXT! The thing is that if you do that with people and their behaviours, you are at risk of objectifying them and denying the parts that make them unique...which are kind of crucial in making proper judgements. Hence the prod

...you're a fun chew toy, btw
    I suppose I objectify everything, well probably most of the time. So how do I, not do that then?

MBTI
    Enfp
    Enneagram
    497 sx/so
    Socionics
    IEE Fi

I suppose I objectify everything, well probably most of the time. So how do I, not do that then?
    You take the time to realise you re working with a living being. And you ask yourself what kind of treatment you'd prefer - being objectified to fit into a box neatly, without being given a second thought, almost as on autopilot...or being given maybe a couple of minutes more thought and care, where an understanding can actually occur. Having the person actually *see* you, as such.

An object is something you can manipulate without feeling guilty and bend to your will. A living being...well, they have a will of their own and are entitled to their own opinions, choices and space. They arent to be cajoled to bend to yours. You wouldn't want them to do that to you, now, would you?
    ★ڿڰۣ✿ℒoѵℯ✿ڿڰۣ★

MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    5w4 sp/sx
    Socionics
    ILI Te

You take the time to realise you re working with a living being. And you ask yourself what kind of treatment you'd prefer - being objectified to fit into a box neatly, without being given a second thought, almost as on autopilot...or being given maybe a couple of minutes more thought and care, where an understanding can actually occur. Having the person actually *see* you, as such.

An object is something you can manipulate without feeling guilty and bend to your will. A living being...well, they have a will of their own and are entitled to their own opinions, choices and space. They arent to be cajoled to bend to yours. You wouldn't want them to do that to you, now, would you?
    Maybe only when I'm taking over the world.

So these other functions that I have, which would that translate to then? More or less of something?

MBTI
    Enfp
    Enneagram
    497 sx/so
    Socionics
    IEE Fi

Maybe only when I'm taking over the world.

So these other functions that I have, which would that translate to then? More or less of something?
    Grin. It would be engaging your Fi
    Your NiTe is impressive when used to conquer the logistical world out there. But it is your Fi that will give your conquest heart, meaning and a following

See that is the benefit of respecting people's boundaries, free will and space: they repay you with cooperation, extra hands and become willing minions
    ★ڿڰۣ✿ℒoѵℯ✿ڿڰۣ★

philosopher wood nymph greenfairy's Avatar
    MBTI
    iNfj
    Enneagram
    6w5 sx/sp

Quote Originally Posted by Such Irony View Post
    I'm like that too and I'm an INTP. I'm nitpicky about some things but movies is not usually one of them. I've enjoyed most movies I've watched and I'm often baffled when some movie I love is ripped to shreads by others who see a million things wrong with it.

I know movies aren't reality nor do I expect it to be.

Movies allow temporary escape from reality.

They allow me to get more in touch with the feeling side of things- movies do not have to totally be logical all the time.
    I'm more like this. I like to imagine I'm a character in whatever movie I'm watching. It does bother me when things just plain don't make sense, or are unrealistic or too contrived, but that doesn't keep me from liking the movie unless it's too much. The INTJ I was with wasn't really like the OP describes, but he has well integrated Se. I only watched a couple of movies with him though.

Something I like about my ISFP friends is that they understand movies better than I do and can explain all the nuances and details of them.

MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    5w4 sp/sx
    Socionics
    ILI Te

Grin. It would be engaging your Fi
    Your NiTe is impressive when used to conquer the logistical world out there. But it is your Fi that will give your conquest heart, meaning and a following

See that is the benefit of respecting people's boundaries, free will and space: they repay you with cooperation, extra hands and become willing minions
    All right then, more Fi when talking to a person.

MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram
    3w2 sx/sp
    Socionics
    INXp

Quote Originally Posted by greenfairy View Post
    I'm more like this. I like to imagine I'm a character in whatever movie I'm watching. It does bother me when things just plain don't make sense, or are unrealistic or too contrived, but that doesn't keep me from liking the movie unless it's too much. The INTJ I was with wasn't really like the OP describes, but he has well integrated Se. I only watched a couple of movies with him though.

Something I like about my ISFP friends is that they understand movies better than I do and can explain all the nuances and details of them.
    My least favorite movies are the ones that have "WHOA" moments that are just a buildup of small, minor details throughout the movie. Unfortunately, none really come to mind as an example right now.

Maybe I'm an incredibly intense INFJ, but movies that most call "intense," I call pretty tame. My friend's ISFJ girlfriend is INCREDIBLY anxious and gets rather annoying during intense moments in shows and movies. One reason why I stopped watching movies when she's over.

I like movies that require me to use my brain, but big BOOM movies (looking at you, Michael Bay) are ridiculous. I hate action films. Don't ask why.

When done right, psychological thriller is definitely my favorite genre.

But, of course, the best movies are the ones that have incredible characters. The plot is there for the characters, not the other way around. I think only once in a while does Hollywood release a film like this, and it turns out to be a masterpiece.

MBTI
    ESFJ
    Enneagram
    3w2 so/sp

Doesn't ESFJs like action, simple minded type movies anyway?
    Ugh, definitely not. Unless we have very different definitions of what that means.
    Friends, waffles, work

"The problem is, when you depend on a substitute for love, you can never get enough" - Louis Cozolino

3w2 6w7 1w2
    *Gryffindor*

MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    5w4 sp/sx
    Socionics
    ILI Te

Quote Originally Posted by Showbread View Post
    Ugh, definitely not. Unless we have very different definitions of what that means.
    simple minded, I guess I used the wrong words, perhaps I should have said, popcorn movies, switch of brain and enjoy.