User Tag List

First 456

MBTI
    NiTe
    Enneagram
    9w8 so/sx

I grant that what he says might be true. Pretty much any one part is possible. It's the whole package I think is very difficult to swallow. If this guy was a friend he had in the past, that would be one thing. But he claims that he goes everywhere with this guy in one of his other posts; I am trying to paint a picture contrasting the two because I think one or the other is impossible; either he isn't as great as he says, or his friend isn't as morally and personally awful. However, I concede I overstated the internal inconsistencies of his account.

So, in light of what you say, I apologize to idkman24 for criticizing him for internal inconsistency when I wasn't sufficiently up on the facts myself. However, I still hold to the part of the post addressing the great improbabilities involved in a guy like this being friends with a guy like his 'friend'.
    Last edited by BlackDog; 01-30-2014 at 09:10 PM. Reason: mistake in underlining

MBTI
    ESTJ
    Enneagram
    3w2 so

Quote Originally Posted by Lion 4.5 View Post
    I grant that what he says might be true. Pretty much any one part is possible. It's the whole package I think is very difficult to swallow. If this guy was a friend he had in the past, that would be one thing. But he claims that he goes everywhere with this guy in one of his other posts; I am trying to paint a picture contrasting the two because I think one or the other is impossible; either he isn't as great as he says, or his friend isn't as morally and personally awful. However, I concede I overstated the internal inconsistencies of his account.

So, in light of what you say, I apologize to idkman24 for criticizing him for internal inconsistency when I wasn't sufficiently up on the facts myself. However, I still hold to the part of the post addressing the great improbabilities involved in a guy like this being friends with a guy like his 'friend'.
    haha. i'm not disputing the underlying premise of your post (that the answer to his problem lies within the discrepancy that you described). i just don't think the situation is as implausible as you think it is.

listen, i live in a world of deeply ambitious people. some of my friends in college were hospitalized for conditions they developed due to prolonged, excessive stress. one friend, the son of bernie madoff's accountant, killed himself. when you live in a world like that, where no accomplishment is enough, sometimes you seek an outlet amongst people who live in a radically different reality. it gives you a way to ground yourself rather than getting completely consumed by the tunnel to success that is your daily life.

MBTI
    NiTe
    Enneagram
    9w8 so/sx

Okay, let's say that your analysis is true: he is seeking an outlet with this guy, and that's the real reason he keeps hanging around him. How would you explain his immature "I destroyed this guy" attitude online, of all places? Frustration, maybe?

MBTI
    INFJ

He sounds like a typical INTJ. How awesome are they as friends? Love them!

Also, INTjs don't lose debates. If they stop talking to you during one, it's because they think you're an illogical twerp/and or there is nothing to gain from continuing.

I am a fellow INFJ and even so, your calls to authority and errors in logic are hard for ME to read. That poor INTJ. However does he cope?!