User Tag List

First 1234 Last

MBTI
    yupp

FINE!! make the world blind, but remember there's not enough pianos to go around

MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram
    3w2 sx/sp
    Socionics
    INXp

I don't want to start debating this on TypeC, but no, people of color cannot be "racist." It's a power structure thing.

Talking to this kid is frustrating. He still gets invited to stuff because, well, friends know that my first question is going to be "hey, can xxxxx come too?" Sometimes, I'M not even invited to stuff because they know I'll ask if he can come too.

He has an EXTREME case of "I know EVERYTHING." Most notably, lately, he SWEARS he knows everything about psychology. Never opened a book in his life, yet claims to understand all of human nature. He says my studying of MBTI (he thinks MBTI is BS) is a "stupid approach to psychology." Yet his "I just know what people are going to do" method is a GREAT approach.

And when he is wrong (and this goes for ANYTHING -- not just psychology), he'll give you every excuse in the book.

I sort of knew this would happen. When I decided to destroy him with his own logic, he curls up in a corner and starts cussing.

He also thinks he's smarter than everyone else and intrinsically better. I think this is a young NT thing because my 25 year old brother (who'd I consider, more or less, healthy) has told me the same thing.

I have another INTJ best friend who attends Johns Hopkins University of Medicine. He used to be the biggest arrogant prick in high school, now he's the most stand up guy I know. I really value him. I have two INTJ best friends on the exact opposite ends of the spectrum.

EDIT: If he told me he didn't like the show because he just thought it was very poorly done, I'd disagree, but I'd respect that. He doesn't like the show because it has its "gay moments" and "written by the Glee people" is really an awful reason, so I used this to address a bigger problem about him.

MBTI
    Enfp
    Enneagram
    497 sx/so
    Socionics
    IEE Fi

Quote Originally Posted by Jaguar View Post

Such hostility.
    Wait..is that an admiring look, Mr. Kitty?

Actually, it was awe and a sort of epiphany wrt things clicking together. I've never seen it demonstrated that..clearly before. You have to remember, Ti is my blindspot...its this elusive little thing I just cannot put my finger on

In the spirit of total honesty, I did cringe at the post, not because I did not understand the response - the situation was definitely maddening enough to get under anyone's skin - but because I realise that it won't exactly be conducive to their friendship. Fi rebellion and stubbornness only tends to get fuelled by Ti reprimands, ime, and can set off an all out war for that matter. At the same time, I can totally understand the sense of relief and release you get from using your...well, relief function. Especially when something has been bothering you so much.
    ★ڿڰۣ✿ℒoѵℯ✿ڿڰۣ★

"Harm none, do as ye will”

✿ڿڰۣஇღ♥ wut ♥ღஇڿڰۣ✿ digesthisickness's Avatar
    MBTI
    ENTP

I don't get why they're friends at all. What's he get out of it that's so great that it's worth all the headache? Geography?
    ✻ღϠ₡ღ✻
    (¯`✻´¯)
    `*.¸.*'ღϠ₡ღஇڿڰۣ
    •.¸¸. Ƹ̵̡Ӝ̵̨̄Ʒჱܓ. இڿڰۣ.¸¸.இڿڰۣ´¯`·.─♥

Cerebral Artery
    http://www.facebook.com/CerebralArtery

MBTI
    yupp

Quote Originally Posted by digesthisickness View Post
    I don't get why they're friends at all. What's he get out of it that's so great that it's worth all the headache? Geography?
    are they really friends? or are the friendenemies? I mean it points to the latter.

✿ڿڰۣஇღ♥ wut ♥ღஇڿڰۣ✿ digesthisickness's Avatar
    MBTI
    ENTP

Quote Originally Posted by prplchknz View Post
    are they really friends? or are the friendenemies? I mean it points to the latter.
    Don't know. All of my 'friendenemies' I call 'family'. The rest are just static or to be avoided.
    ✻ღϠ₡ღ✻
    (¯`✻´¯)
    `*.¸.*'ღϠ₡ღஇڿڰۣ
    •.¸¸. Ƹ̵̡Ӝ̵̨̄Ʒჱܓ. இڿڰۣ.¸¸.இڿڰۣ´¯`·.─♥

Cerebral Artery
    http://www.facebook.com/CerebralArtery

MBTI
    yupp

Quote Originally Posted by digesthisickness View Post
    Don't know. All of my 'friendenemies' I call 'family'. The rest are just static or to be avoided.
    they should just become monkies and throw their feces at each other. I don't destroy people I consider friends though.

MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    5w4 sx/sp
    Socionics
    ILI Te

He sounds like he may have ADD. INTJ are one of the more likely types to have it, and his drug use and inability to actually accomplish the goals he's set for himself, and clear guilt about that, make me think it's quite likely.
    You lose.

_______

RCOEI
    Melancholic-Choleric
    Respectful Leader

Johari Window|Nohari Window

If you're going to destroy him, select something that plays to your strengths like a philosophical point. With Ti, you can run him around in circles so the two of you break out of your Hegelish dependencies.

MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    5w4 sx/sp
    Socionics
    ILI Te

Quote Originally Posted by idkman24 View Post
    I don't want to start debating this on TypeC, but no, people of color cannot be "racist." It's a power structure thing.

Talking to this kid is frustrating. He still gets invited to stuff because, well, friends know that my first question is going to be "hey, can xxxxx come too?" Sometimes, I'M not even invited to stuff because they know I'll ask if he can come too.

He has an EXTREME case of "I know EVERYTHING." Most notably, lately, he SWEARS he knows everything about psychology. Never opened a book in his life, yet claims to understand all of human nature. He says my studying of MBTI (he thinks MBTI is BS) is a "stupid approach to psychology." Yet his "I just know what people are going to do" method is a GREAT approach.

And when he is wrong (and this goes for ANYTHING -- not just psychology), he'll give you every excuse in the book.

I sort of knew this would happen. When I decided to destroy him with his own logic, he curls up in a corner and starts cussing.

He also thinks he's smarter than everyone else and intrinsically better. I think this is a young NT thing because my 25 year old brother (who'd I consider, more or less, healthy) has told me the same thing.

I have another INTJ best friend who attends Johns Hopkins University of Medicine. He used to be the biggest arrogant prick in high school, now he's the most stand up guy I know. I really value him. I have two INTJ best friends on the exact opposite ends of the spectrum.

EDIT: If he told me he didn't like the show because he just thought it was very poorly done, I'd disagree, but I'd respect that. He doesn't like the show because it has its "gay moments" and "written by the Glee people" is really an awful reason, so I used this to address a bigger problem about him.
    This is the definition of irony.
    You lose.

_______

RCOEI
    Melancholic-Choleric
    Respectful Leader

Johari Window|Nohari Window